(Even More) Forum Changes

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

(Even More) Forum Changes

#1 Post by sake-bento »

You may have noticed by now that the Lem'ai Ren'ai Development Center has a new layout. We've made a few changes based on your feedback and suggestions.

-No more genre division: The GxB forum has been merged with the general in progress forum.

-Recruitment forum: From now on, if you're looking for teammates, you post here. If you want to offer your services, you also post here.

-Ren'py Support forum moved: It's a little higher on the list. Hopefully this higher profile position will help people find it faster.

What if I want to post a recruitment thread and a WiP thread?
You may post two threads - one in each appropriate forum. Recruitment is for recruiting, and WiP is for getting feedback or exposure on your work in progress.

What if my current thread is a work in progress thread, AND a recruitment thread?
Feel free to split it into two and post a second thread in the forum that you're not currently in.

I would like my thread moved to a different forum.
No problem. Just report your thread by clicking the Image in the bottom, right corner of your post, and we'll move it for you.

What if I have to recruit for more than one thing?
One thread per project, please. If you need an artist and a composer, note that in your thread title. If you need an artist, then later on find yourself needing a composer, then please edit your original thread to reflect that.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

Re: (Even More) Forum Changes

#2 Post by Aleema »

Oh, cool. Let's see how they work. :D

(If I can make a teeny tiny suggestion only because you've apparently noticed the trouble for finding the forum too ... I think the brain switches off "Ren'Py Support and Announcements" to mean "Ren'Py Support" since "and Announcements" is usually something people overlook to not be what they want. My suggestion is to just name the forum "Ren'Py Support". Announcements can be implied or in the description. It might help people from posting in the wrong forum -- just speculation. Your decision.)

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#3 Post by sake-bento »

Good point. I've changed the forum title to "Ren'Py Help" in the hopes that it will lead more people to it.

Jo'ogn
Veteran
Projects: Kassiopeia [iVN]

#4 Post by Jo'ogn »

It might help if in the recruitment forum "tags" would be used in the topic titles. Tags that come to mind:

[BGM] background music
[Char] for character/Sprite art
[SFX] sound effect (non music)
[VA] voice actor
[VOC] vocals / singer
[BG] background art
[PRG] programmer
[TXT] Text/story writer
[TRANS] translation
[GD] game designer
[SEX] if you need to get laid, but are a VN designing hikikomori j/k ~q:
etc...
Audio Plays: [original] The White Feathers Directive - [Star Wars] Through Flame and Shadow
Ren'Py: Kassiopeia [very interactive VN] work in progress - looking for proof reader english

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#5 Post by Aleema »

^^ Something I've been pushing for, too. I guess we have to do it manually, but it's better than nothing.

edit: It was just pointed out to me that my arrows were pointing to the "sex" tag, therefore changing the entire meaning of my post. Delicious.

rioka
Royal Manga Tutor
Completed: Amgine Park, Garden Society: Kykuit, Metropolitan Blues (art)

#6 Post by rioka »

If you're going to implement that, you should at least put a sticky in the Recruitment area just in case someone comes along and doesn't know what those are shorthand for. There's some people in my forum, for example, who didn't know what CG meant along with some other shorthands we know and take for granted that everyone else should know as well.