What are your currents favourites?

For the rest of your otaku life.
lazuli
Projects: TK(ten kara), Resent0

Re: What are your currents favourites?

#31 Post by lazuli »

Well, I have a lot of favorites in mind right now.
(I consider it a favorite if I reserve disk spaces for the files. :D)

Death Note <- I can't get over this. It's been six months since I first read/watched the anime/manga. Anyone who knows where to download Volume 13: How To Read?
Code:Breaker <- a great serial from Akimine Kamijyou. Rei Ogami is ♥! I collect the scans.
Silvery Crow <- another from Akimine.
+C: Sword and Cornett <- nice manga. I remember Lelouch here (just the 'banished prince' thing)
C-blossom -case729- <- a nice, short manga. I heard it was made into a live-action series.
Occupation: Angel <- a nice four-part manga. I cried on every story.
Noblesse <- MANHWA (Korean). yeah. Vampire who slept for 800+ years wakes up ignorant of the world's sudden progress. Now, he's a high school student. But the great story = action + seriousness + comedy.
Hana no Namae <- My very first manga love story I can't get a move on. I always read this after reading Occupation: Angel. wah~
Savage Garden <- another Manhwa. Your friend died, and you need to take his place. Now this shoujo needs to attend an all-boys' school because her friend's real parents tell you so! (not boring, it's quite Medieval-type) :D
Witch Hunter <- Manhwa. The name says it all. Twist is: Witches are always females. Our main character's a WH and wields a power similar to witches. However, that guy's a MALE. yihee. Plus a sister semi-antagonist.
Number <- 'want to be the Number 1 assassin? Let's see if this Lelouch-alike can make his way to the top!
Lost+Brain <- very similar to Death Note, though it only ran for three volumes and there is no shinigami. There is no L as well, but only the power of hypnotism and recreating the world.
1/2 Prince <- MANHUA (Chinese/Taiwanese) Set yourself in 20XX, play a RPG like it's your real life, and the main character (a university girl) poses as a guy in this game! What's more? He(her RPG version) is damn handsome (bishie!) and everyone in the network loves him! How will she manage this reputation while pretending to be a guy? :D
Kuroshitsuji and Kuroshitsuji II <- Nice story! Though I don't like the ending. Aww, Sebastian... Anyway, my favorite character is Undertaker.

I'm sorry if all of these are mangas. I don'r have much time watching, so...
Warrior + Supporter = Junction

Let the sword breathe fire.
Let the fire sheathe the sword.

Nanashiko
Regular

#32 Post by Nanashiko »

Hmm my current Favorites. Well currently I am really enjoying Kimi ni Todoke. Though I don't have a lot right now new anime season just started. I do have more favorites of course. Though lol I am trying not to compile a favorites list till I do some backlogging on series I need to watch.

emichii
Projects: Words Within Our Hearts

#33 Post by emichii »

um, well... it kinda changes depending on what i'm watching/reading at the moment.
currently...
manga-wise i just started reading Bloody Monday, and it's really amazing. i also really got into School Rumble and Otomen recently, they're really funny! :)
anime-wise... i'm not really watching anything seriously at the moment, not since Durarara!! ended, and i really couldn't get into Angel Beats. i loved Durarara!! but Baccano! is definitely my all-time favourite! :) i wonder if there'll be some more amazing anime coming out soon to rival it? :)

Lolita_Soft
Regular
Projects: Steam Angel (kn)

#34 Post by Lolita_Soft »

Air Gear- Despite the complete lack of physics and over the top fanservice I realy do injoy it, maybe simply for the fact I love to skate (even though I suck) Agito is definitly my favourite...*points to icon*
Hetalia-...........*snickers* It may be ocasionaly offencive (maybe more then ocasionaly...), But I fine it extremely intertaining. XD We all have to laugh at ourselves sometimes~
Sukisho- My first full-on shounen-ai/yaoi. Animation could be better but it's oh so cute~! >w<
Kuroshitsuji- Me love Ciel *is totally not a shotacon*
Chrono Crusade- It's been a fav for a while. It's such a wonderful story. (it's also what got me interested in the whole angel and demon thing)
Kannazuki No Miko- Yuri + Mecha = AWESOME
Seven Days- A short yet very well done shounen-ai manga.
Nabari no Ou- I started watching the anime and really like it so far, I want to start reading the manga.
The Tyrant Falls in Love-...The hotness :oops:

Honerable mention
D.Gray-man
Kyo Kara Mao!
Angel Beats!
Strawberry Panic
Venus Versus Virus
Gundam 00
Higurashi (and Umineko)
Togainu no Chi
Elfen Lied

I have too many favs...
"Momento Mori."
"Moriendo Renascor."

Please call me Heimi :]

Erumi-On
Regular

#35 Post by Erumi-On »

Baccano and Code Geass are my favorites for eeeeever >w<

But my current obsession/anime is Inazuma Eleven. If you're looking for a completely crazy anime for kids, watch it. It doesn't have the best animation, charadesign (well, we can argue on this) or the best plot (there is a plot ?) but it's addicting somehow. And the seiyuus cast is really awesome. (except if you can't stand Naruto's seiyuu then Mamoru will really annoys you....), hope you don't mind kids with manly voices : D (GOENJI)

Twisted-Eva
Regular
Projects: Our Crossing Paths

#36 Post by Twisted-Eva »

So far, I've only read manga and rarely watched anime.

Manga
Yankee-kun to Megane-chan: Slice-of-life(?) story with romantic subplots following delinquient Daichi Shinagawa and glasses-girl Hana Adachi. Action and comedy included.

Skip Beat!: I just want Kyoko to get with Ren. 'Nuff said.

D.N.Angel: Fricken' Sugisaki and hiatus periods.

Kimi ni Todoke: Story's adorable from the English translations I've read in the bookstore.

Smash!: Shonen and romance combined into a story of badminton.

Ciel ~Autumn Story~: Loving the author's art and stories (Check out President Dad, a shojo "manhwa" that takes forever to fan the flames of love between the heroine and her bodyguard in 6 volumes).

The World God Only Knows: Who knows if the methods the protagonist use are actually effective in real life?

Anime
Hetalia: Guilty pleasure.

Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt: My brother has his regrets for showing me the anime. Doesn't look like an anime, but that doesn't matter. I just finished it, but I don't know why I kept watching it even though it's really vulgar with tons of sexual content. I just... watched it. Oh yeah, the ending? WTF?

Flick

#37 Post by Flick »

The only series I've really been keeping up with are:

Amagami (there's like 5 separate manga series just for this O_o)
Highschool of the Dead
Naruto
Negima
Ookami-san to Shichinin no Nakamatachi
Umi no Misaki

...I also used to keep up with Air Gear, Psyren, and Rosario+Vampire, but not so much these days. D:

Freelancer
Regular
Completed: Right in Two
Projects: Alex's Problem

#38 Post by Freelancer »

Hmm...My faves? Alright, I won't distinguish between Anime and Manga because it might be a pain.
These are the ones that are my all time favorites.

Neon Genesis Evangelion(the original one)
Chobits
Eureka seveN
Highschool of the Dead
Black Lagoon
Blood+
Death Note
Elfin Leid
K-on
[WIP] Alex's Problem
It's my first VN so I'm excited. :D
Character, BG, and CG artists are filled
Right in Two has been released. Download it today!

mysterialize
Veteran
Projects: The World is Made of Paper

#39 Post by mysterialize »

Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai Kara no Kyoukai

Oh, and these are good too:

Ergo Proxy
Mononoke
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
Baccano!
Dennou Coil
Most stuff by Abe (Particularly Lain and Texhnolyze)
Cowboy Bebop

Anything by Miyazaki or the late Satoshi Kon is pretty much a given, as well.

Kara no Kyoukai.

Avaible
Regular

#40 Post by Avaible »

My favourites depend on my mood and my memories but here's what I remember right now:

- Sora no Oto (I don't like K-On though)
- Baccano!
- Honey&Clover
- Fate/Stay Night - probably because it was my first one
- Kanon
- Index - not the Railgun Arc though, that one I can't stand

And my favourite Manga is Kure-nai. Just gotta love the style and story.

namakemono-chan

#41 Post by namakemono-chan »

Here goes mine...

Lovely Complex- I just can't get over to the awesomeness of the All hanshin-kyoujin! xD
Skip beat!- Darn long manga but hell, I'm killing myself to see Kyoko and Ren get together, and I love how funny Fuwa Sho is.
Junjou Romantica- the best shounen-ai anime ever watched.
Inazuma Eleven
Kaichou wa Maid-sama- USUI!!! xDD
Hakuouki-Well, I'm really more into the game but still I love Hakuouki
Kimi ni Todoke
Starry Sky
Crash!
Cutie Boy(manhwa)
Durrarara!
etc.
my blog:Otome Science

Forgive the bad English, English is not my first language nor second; It's currently my 3rd language.

Kael
Regular
Projects: Roaming, Red Snow??? Some others as composer.

#42 Post by Kael »

I've been demoralized in the anime scene for the last 3 or 4 years, long time since I watched a good anime. The last one was actually Berserk.
But now... oh man, Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magika is so <3.
Gen Urobuchi is one of my favorite writers because of this work. Chaos;Head or Steins;Gate in my opinion weren't this good and they were VN's.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#43 Post by LVUER »

Right now I'm just watching my old anime (since I found them when tidying my room), which is Shakugan no Shana and Pumpkin Scissors. The only new anime I'm currently watching is Working and it's my current favorite too ^_^
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Freelancer
Regular
Completed: Right in Two
Projects: Alex's Problem

#44 Post by Freelancer »

I have a new current favorite.
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei (I don't even know how to respond to most of it)
[WIP] Alex's Problem
It's my first VN so I'm excited. :D
Character, BG, and CG artists are filled
Right in Two has been released. Download it today!

HotLimit
Regular

#45 Post by HotLimit »

Hourou Musuko and Hajime no Ippo are the only two I read on a regular basis (once a month).

Hourou Musuko is about trans people (a girl born as a guy, and vice-versa), but it's extremely well-done. There are no cliches or anything, the characters are all believable and full of emotion. I think there's an anime version, but from what I hear it wasn't very good. The story isn't exactly prone to linear narrative.