Love Buffet (GxB) | Status Update (02/11/2011)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Megumi
Regular
Projects: Love Buffet

Love Buffet (GxB) | Status Update (02/11/2011)

#1 Post by Megumi »

Summary: Being a dragon sucks, you have to constantly show off your strength or you're going to get skewered and you have to kidnap princesses to show that you have matured.

I, for information, thought it was quite an idiotic custom, but there were more princesses than Queen alive so...

Anyway, yeah, I had to prove I matured.

Except I managed to kidnap a prince that had tried to skewered me then put him down in (jail) my room. Even worse, instead of cowering in a corner, he stalked me in my castle and saw me turn into my human form...

Now, he believes I'm a princess that had been cursed...

Character introduction: (Pink writing is what Bridget wrote when she got her hands onto my character sheets lol)

Bridget. The heroine. She is a dragoness that values herself above anything. She is the youngest in her family and has several sisters and brothers. The only one that will have any true value in the story, however, will be Cahir, the eldest brother.
Character Sheet
[The sprite has been changed though. More information at the end of the post.]

Theodore. The main guy. He is a lightheaded, kindhearted and gentle man. But as the story unfolds, you may discover he is not truly as nice as he seems.
Character Sheet

Cahir. Eldest brother. He is the cool, kind and strong type. He takes care of Bridget when she makes troubles. He is datable just because I thought he could be and because my friend loves dark and brooding type guys. lol.
Character Sheet

So far, I wrote around 40% of the story.

I haven't really managed to make a decent sprite for them, hence the black shadow... and I think I may just give up on the idea of having good sprites. ^^"" I still haven't resolved the BG problem as Paris doesn't have much... uh, castles. Or caves, lol.

This is somewhat a KN as the story won't be really long. I expect it to be around 12 000 words.

Hm... I wonder if I should make a recruitment thread. I'm really afraid of being abandoned mid-work. :/

If anybody wants to betaread my story, it'll be nice. ;3

Team:
Writer: Megumi
Betareader: Machus, Riviera
Programmer: Megumi
Artist: JadeOokami
BG: Uncertain yet
Music: Kael

STATUS UPDATE: (10/02/2011)
Status Updates:

- More written. This time, I'm totally sure it's 72% XD (I think it's going to be longer than I first thought.)

- There will be 'epilogues'.

- More *COUGH*naked*COUGH* sprites by Jade. --> (We have around 7 sprites for Bridget |+3 that I would like to have some changes|, 10 for Cahir and I have seen two sketches of Theodore sprites. :3)

- The menu has been changed. The theme will definitely be blue. I made a logo for the game. (I put the pink version here but on the game, it's blue. :3)

- Added more stuff for the 'extra'.

- Kael will make music.

- Should have samples for BG this weekend... normally.

(Optional information) May add adult content that needs to be 'enable' (...BLAME RIVIERA.)

Also: We are not sure if we will have CG in the game. If any artist thinks their drawing may be compatible with Jade's style and wants to participate, you are free to PM me.

Sample: Bridget
Sample: Cahir
[Sorry for the 'Love Buffet' on it, but I really know the danger of online hosting... I prefer to protect Jade's work (>< this kind of things really takes lots of time!)]

To see the character design, please go page 2.
Last edited by Megumi on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 7 times in total.
La vie est un rêve, c'est le réveil qui nous tue.

Love Buffet

To read about (crackish) reviews for otome games, click here.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Love Buffet (GxB)

#2 Post by Riviera »

Looks interesting! My very first glance made me think of Choice of Dragon, but I like your more feminine spin on it.

Bridget looks really cute and really feisty! I like her sprite.. her expression is bratty and her clothes/hair are very princessy. She displays what you told us about her perfectly.

It'd be nice if Cahir could be a bit less closely related or not at all, if possible. :|
That's personal preference speaking, though.

I WOULD LOVE TO BETA-READ! :D
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Verity
Regular
Projects: Wanderer

#3 Post by Verity »

I would totes beta-read this, because this project sounds awesome, so lemme know :D

Megumi
Regular

#4 Post by Megumi »

Thank you for your interest in the game. :3

If you don't mind, I'll need an email or a IM address so I can send you what I wrote for now? :3 I am kinda curious on how exactly you feel after reading because I feel like the character development may be a little confusing... >_<

Love Buffet

Machus
Regular
Completed: Haircuts, 99 Luftballons

#5 Post by Machus »

This looks like a cute story, and I'd love to beta-read if that offer's still available.

Bridget's sprite is looking great right now, I love the varying shades of pink!

And the "revised" character sheets were pretty entertaining. You should edit the third one so we (the person reading the preview) could have a bit more of an idea of the actual relationship between Cahir and Bridget. =D

It looks great so far, I can't wait! ~
I'm available as a proofreader, just PM me. Thanks!

~Mau

Megumi
Regular

#6 Post by Megumi »

lol, you can join. The more, the merrier. XD (and the more I can correct the worse of what I write.)

Also, for the third sheet, Bridget didn't edit it because Cahir frightens her. Somewhat. As her older brother, she is between liking him and hating him. You know, brother - sister relationship is hard.

@Riviera. I can't change the relationship between Cahir and Bridget because of two things. If he is less closely related, they won't care about each other. The point is that BECAUSE he is the ELDEST brother, he is more responsible and cares about his family. Just like Cahir, Bridget doesn't care about people from the 'far' circle of her family. ...Or they would be in a servant - master relationship which would make the story longer...

EDIT: I forgot to tell you guys, the story is in text form. Does this annoy you?

Love Buffet

Machus
Regular
Completed: Haircuts, 99 Luftballons

#7 Post by Machus »

Personally I'm fine with text form. I'll PM you my email address.
I'm available as a proofreader, just PM me. Thanks!

~Mau

Megumi
Regular

#8 Post by Megumi »

Okay. The proofreading posts are closed now. :3 More than three would make me go crazy. xD

I hope you will support my project! ;3

PS: I am sorry, I am stupid. I'll link you the teext files through pm. ^^"

Love Buffet

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#9 Post by LVUER »

The concept is interesting and funny ^_^ Though I hope this is a BxG game. Oh well...
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Megumi
Regular

#10 Post by Megumi »

Oh, sorry, haha. I am so used to write stories with female as the hero of my stories. Maybe I'll try a BxG once I'm done?

But the story wouldn't have been as funny if it was a BxG. Because a dragon kidnapping a princess? So cliché.

Love Buffet

Julie
Regular

#11 Post by Julie »

This seems interesting. ^^ I'm just wondering though, are Bridget and Cahir related by blood?

Megumi
Regular

#12 Post by Megumi »

Unfortunately, yes. I guess this is clearly incest... Hah. So hard. I guess it'd be better if I somehow unrelated them but I really don't think I can. Cahir MUST have authority over Bridget for this to work.

I guess I should probably make two versions for the safety of the players. One without the good ending with Cahir. >_<

Love Buffet

Julie
Regular

#13 Post by Julie »

Hahaha! I honestly have no problem with that although not everybody thinks the way I do. xD Well if they must be related and you still want them to end up together then maybe you can say that romances with a blood relative is not that uncommon among dragons? ^^

Megumi
Regular

#14 Post by Megumi »

Actually, I did think of doing that.

I just preferred saying it clearly to people, this is incest. Whether it is acceptable or not is up to people. I just don't want it to be a problem for the one playing my game. :3

Love Buffet

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Riviera »

Megumi wrote:Unfortunately, yes. I guess this is clearly incest... Hah. So hard. I guess it'd be better if I somehow unrelated them but I really don't think I can. Cahir MUST have authority over Bridget for this to work.

I guess I should probably make two versions for the safety of the players. One without the good ending with Cahir. >_<
Well.. if you do want to figure out a way, he could be head of her particular clan. Or his family could be very close with hers. Say, his dad and hers go WAY WAY BACK and are like BLOOD BROTHERS and her dad would REALLY REALLY like her to hang out with him because he's THE PERFECT DRAGON.

It can stay as it is, like Julie said. It's why I emphasized personal preference. Incest kinda squicks me out. I'll give it a chance either way though.. I can always imagine the scenario above and pretend they're not related? :lol:
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples