Love Buffet (GxB) | Status Update (02/11/2011)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Megumi
Regular
Projects: Love Buffet

Re: Love Buffet (GxB)

#16 Post by Megumi »

Nah. Wouldn't work.
Bridget is LOVELY, AWESOME, PRIVILEDGED. WHY WOULD SOME UNRELATED GUY HER FATHER TRIED TO HOOK HER UP WITH MATTER? WHY SHOULD SHE OBEY HIM? (well, you are reading the text file, you should know why lol.)

If I accept to change their relationship, I'll have to rewrite everything with Cahir. He would be like pest for her, one she cannot get rid of and she would more likely only hate him. :/
La vie est un rêve, c'est le réveil qui nous tue.

Love Buffet

To read about (crackish) reviews for otome games, click here.

Julie
Regular

#17 Post by Julie »

Then I think the idea of romances between blood relatives not being uncommon best fits this if that's what you're really going for. ^^

Megumi
Regular

#18 Post by Megumi »

Lol. I could probably release two versions. One with Cahir being like Riviera said... but that would mean more writing. Heh. *lazy*

So much to do, so little time~

Love Buffet

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#19 Post by Riviera »

Nah, no worries. Don't change it all around on my account, lol. :)

If you decide later to do a second version with that change, sure. But it's fine as it is.
Heck, what I did see could be passed off as just very close family
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Megumi
Regular

#20 Post by Megumi »

I loved the spoiler. XD *hugs Riviera* made me laugh so hard. (sorry, huh xD)

Truthfully, the story part does not scare me. It's the art part. ^^" Let's hope I'll manage... somehow. *frowns*

Love Buffet

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#21 Post by Riviera »

Ahaha! Okay, because it was good, I will give a proper review.

As I said in the PM, I'm conflicted as to who to pick! I actually like both of them!

Theodore did start off as a whiny pain in the butt. Well, I was looking at it from Bridget's perspective.. stupid, weak, sniveling, filthy, wretched, stinky, knuckle-dragging, ape-creature! We hates it! We hates it because it is not female and not what we wanted! *throws table* (ノ ゚Д゚)ノ ======= ┻━━┻

... But after a while, he grew on me yes, like a fungus. He WAS being very nice and politeappropriately subservient, considering she was being a snarling witchso obviously better than him and not afraid to show it. The flowers were icing on the cake. That was sweet! Then he really let her have it, and that was mighty brave of him.~

Cahir, well, Cahir had my respect simply by showing up. He didn't really have to do anything else. Well, he could have struck a dramatic pose and let the wind ruffle his hair, but I guess he hadn't thought of that but he might now that I gave him the idea. I dunno. He did everything just right. I guess you could cry, "Too perfect!" but he's not, really. I mean, we are seeing him through Bridget's eyes, after all. It was really touching how protective he was of her. Yep, she screwed up, but he'll still help her out. :D
Last edited by Riviera on Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Megumi
Regular

#22 Post by Megumi »

I LOVE YOU. *hugs*

I laughed so hard while reading this, do you know how hard it is to stop yourself from laughing aloud from this review? XDDDD

Awesome. So awesome. AHAHAHAHA. Especially the smiley, lol. I couldn't have described the situation any better...

I guess I should work harder to make you decide in the end, heh? Wonder who will win in the end, Cahir or Theo... (I bet it'll be Theo, haha)

Love Buffet

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#23 Post by Riviera »

XDDDD *hug*

I'm glad! Yeah, I've had that smiley saved for ages, I'm glad I got to put it to good use!

It might be, but you never know! :mrgreen:

selenity136
Regular

#24 Post by selenity136 »

Sweet you got a brother obtainable character there. It's rare to find those these days, something along the lines of it being incest and all. But hey, this is creativity and not in the real world, so I say, go for it! I can't wait to play this =)

dstarsboy
Veteran

#25 Post by dstarsboy »

Did your story summary change?

I thought when I originally read it a while ago it said that the prince thinks the girl (the dragon) is actually another prisoner as well? Now he knows she's the dragon and is trying to cure the curse?
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

Megumi
Regular

#26 Post by Megumi »

I actually didn't. o.o" You must have misread it.

The point of the story is a sort of... throw back of fairy tales. You know, princess guarded by dragons, jada jada.

Love Buffet

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#27 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I don't have any problem with the incest thing. Plus they ARE dragons. They don't have to play by the same social rules as humans. It has happened occasionally.
Wasn't Vampire Knight like that? Not sure, I never finished it.
I would explain it just a little if this was the case though, just to give the reader some grounding and context for the relationship. Personally I think it is interesting.

Megumi
Regular

#28 Post by Megumi »

Haha. I do plan to explain. I haven't reached that far yet. I planned Prologue + 3 chapters. But as things are going right now, I may need to add more chapters. (Maybe 2...) So my 70% written just returned to 40% orz. (Because I'm almost finished with chapter 2, haha)

In exchange though, I think it only added a normal-paced relationship building. :3 I don't want to rush the relationship development.

As for the incest thing... I admit I never finished the manga you talked about but I had a friend that was fan of it and yeah, it is the case. XD

Either way, I thank you for your interest and hope I will not disappoint you :3 (I like your icon, by the way~)

Love Buffet

Machus
Regular
Completed: Haircuts, 99 Luftballons

#29 Post by Machus »

Personally, I don't think it really matters whether or not they are related.
If anybody was already going to play your game, I don't think they'd change their mind because of an optional incestuous path between fictional characters.

Anyways, the script is looking great so far, very funny, and very interesting. Keep it up!~
I'm available as a proofreader, just PM me. Thanks!

~Mau

Megumi
Regular

#30 Post by Megumi »

Okay. TIME TO UPDATE TO TELL YOU GUYS THE PROJECT IS NOT DEAD. xDDD

So, to celebrate this update, I'm giving you headshots of Jade's drawings.

We have:
Bridget:
XD This one was super easy for Jade. A direct hit in the eye. She got her just figured out~
I chose this one because it's my favorite. It just says "I'm beautiful, I'm beautiful, I'm beautiful. Did I tell you I'm beautiful?" XD

Cahir:
Cool, collected, he is serious. The spiky hair gives him a little wild plus. I SO want to drool.

Theo:
He looks girly. That may explain why he was kidnapped.
His hairstyle gives him a soft and gentle impression. I wonder how he would be with his hair down...

Also. I realized that my game will have a 15+ rating. Because of the frequency of naked Bridget... EVEN THOUGH WE PUT ON CENSORSHIP. She just looks sexier than if she had black bar censors lol.

Let's just hope it won't make people go 'MY EEEYYYESSSS! MY EEEEYYYESSSS!'. ^^""

A big thanks to JadeOokami for working with me. :3

*goes back to writing*

I forgot to tell you guys. HAPPY NEW YEAR! ;3 MAY YOU ALL EAT SOME RABBITS

Love Buffet