Handwriting~

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

Handwriting~

#1 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Since that I heard from somebody that "handwritings express what kind of a person you are", I kicked my shyness away and started this.
I wanted to know what kind of handwritings you have, and yeah, I'll post mine, of course... O 3O
But then, because it's handwriting, I wanted to know how many handwriting styles you have... (I have a lot... **shot**)
I write for a lot of things, so I included them too. XD
I even wrote the formula for squaring simple terms in Algebra and for getting the median of ungrouped data in Statistics. XD Yeah, I study in a school filled with technical mumbo-jumbo.

That's my handwriting. Looks doctor-like, I know. And a style way too old for my age. But I like it. ^^
Technically because I love writing pretty fast. ^^
Enjoy my crappy handwriting... *shot*
Now, your turn~ XD

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

Re: Handwriting~

#2 Post by Sapphi »

You have beautiful handwriting. Being an artist, I appreciate the aesthetic value of good handwriting and try my best to develop a pretty style, but... I got lazy. Now I'm stuck with this scribbly variant of cutesy high-school handwriting that really doesn't look so great. Ah well...

I also used to dot all my i's and j's with hearts (a step up from the circles we were all doing in 3rd grade) but I ended up cutting that out when someone in my office thought they were ears... orz They weren't THAT sloppy!
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

lazuli
Projects: TK(ten kara), Resent0

#3 Post by lazuli »

Wow. The handwriting is great. That is something my 3rd grade teacher wanted to see from us before. Unfortunately, I'm not really good at cursive writing. If ever I'm writing, I use print letters.

(To see that you know Biag ni Lam-Ang makes you, undoubtedly, a Filipino. :) )

//I'll post my handwriting pic in a very farther time. Gotta find a scanner or something.
Warrior + Supporter = Junction

Let the sword breathe fire.
Let the fire sheathe the sword.

nefferinthia
Regular

#4 Post by nefferinthia »

Lumen, your handwriting looks beautiful! I'll write something too but I really think your handwriting's pretty, mine's really childish looking, yeah idk.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#5 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

Sapphi wrote:You have beautiful handwriting. Being an artist, I appreciate the aesthetic value of good handwriting and try my best to develop a pretty style, but... I got lazy. Now I'm stuck with this scribbly variant of cutesy high-school handwriting that really doesn't look so great. Ah well...

I also used to dot all my i's and j's with hearts (a step up from the circles we were all doing in 3rd grade) but I ended up cutting that out when someone in my office thought they were ears... orz They weren't THAT sloppy!
I also used to dot my "i" and "j" with hearts. But then when I was at school I don't do that because I do some note-taking. ^^
Any handwriting's actually great ^^ I haven't seen yours, but the way you explain it, I think I can scratch a look of the handwriting on my mind ^^
lazuli wrote:Wow. The handwriting is great. That is something my 3rd grade teacher wanted to see from us before. Unfortunately, I'm not really good at cursive writing. If ever I'm writing, I use print letters.

(To see that you know Biag ni Lam-Ang makes you, undoubtedly, a Filipino. :) )

//I'll post my handwriting pic in a very farther time. Gotta find a scanner or something.
We don't write cursive in 3rd grade. ^^
We write printed, bold, and uncursive. And in pencil XD

(Yeah, we have that as lessons in Filipino. Bidasari is my favorite epic amongst all XD)
I hope to see your handwriting! :D
Harumi Fujyoshi wrote:Lumen, your handwriting looks beautiful! I'll write something too but I really think your handwriting's pretty, mine's really childish looking, yeah idk.
Thank you~!!!
Heh, if I say mine's doctor-like when all of you say it's pretty, maybe I'd see yours as a pretty one. XD
There's no such thing as a "childish" or "ugly" handwriting. Handwriting expresses what kind of a person one is, and other people's overview of your handwriting kinda speaks on what does people think of you. Sort of. XDDD

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#6 Post by SilverxBlue »

Wow you write pretty good.

Me... I usually write very quickly and well the result is Bad. o_O However, if I want to make my hand writing look nicer I tend to be slower and I hate it

I usually write in print and I only use cursive in theme writing.
Lumen_Astrum wrote:I also used to dot my "i" and "j" with hearts. But then when I was at school I don't do that because I do some note-taking.
I usually dot my i and j with open circles even if we do some note taking. Maybe I just got used to it.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#7 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

SilverxBlue wrote:Wow you write pretty good.

Me... I usually write very quickly and well the result is Bad. o_O However, if I want to make my hand writing look nicer I tend to be slower and I hate it

Lumen_Astrum wrote:I also used to dot my "i" and "j" with hearts. But then when I was at school I don't do that because I do some note-taking.
I usually dot my i and j with open circles even if we do some note taking. Maybe I just got used to it.
I don't use circles in my writing because it looks more like I wrote a "u" on the dot of "i" and "j". XD

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#8 Post by SilverxBlue »

Lumen_Astrum wrote:
SilverxBlue wrote:Wow you write pretty good.

I don't use circles in my writing because it looks more like I wrote a "u" on the dot of "i" and "j". XD
Really..? When I use circles my teacher gets annoyed because it looks like those degree signs in angles :lol:.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess

#9 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

YES I AM SENTIMENTAL XD

Robert Kirkland
Regular

#10 Post by Robert Kirkland »

Oh my lord. Your handwriting is beautiful. Neat, too.

I, on the other hand.. cannot write. At all.
handwritingfail.png
handwritingfail.png (5.57 KiB) Viewed 1428 times
Can you even read that?!

Nellie
Veteran
Completed: Love Like No Other; a2 ~a due~
Projects: The Pirate Mermaid; Gamelicious!; Spiral Destiny
Organization: Navigame

#11 Post by Nellie »

My handwriting normally -

I'll have you know that my handwriting when having to clerk instantly to patient note is quite... different. Since it'll be a breach of confidentiality I can't get a photo of that lol
Attachments
DSC00006.jpg