WIP Shugojin! GxB [New DEMO! 4/13]

A place for game announcements, and for people to discuss games being made.
Forum rules
Please read the sticky before creating a new topic. Linking to Kickstarter/Crowdfunded games requires a demo. Updates to Patreon-backed games may be posted once every 2 months. Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

Re: WIP Shugojin! GxB [Screenshots available]

#46 Post by Snowflower »

ziaziany wrote:Whoa,
I see "Aiko-sama,or rather Yuri-sama in this world"
So, maybe Aiko is the princess in this world ,huh?
Why don't you change the look of the frame I'm kind of have some look in my mind ^^
Or you can tell me to retouch something in background ,hehe
maybe I should talk abput this after the demo finish..umm
AH, I changed the window couple hours ago :)
sooo it's different now :)
but feel free to send me an example if you wish XD
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Rina

#47 Post by Rina »

Wow! They all look great, and the story looks nice. I only have a minor gripe with Akatsuki Tatsuo... the whole thing with Aiko reminding him of his sister.

Aieee... in many romances, there's always that guy with the dead wife or dead sister/mother and it's... ugh. Dealing with the dead female companion is always part of the romance, too (and if it's not, you usually hear a 'wow, you remind me so much of this person - now let's shack it up, ay?' at one point or another). It's been done so many times, and it really says something about the guy if he's falling for a girl who's similar to his sister, of all people (then again, there are girls who specifically try to pick out guys similar to their brother, and there are lots of guys who are dating girls that remind them of their mothers... it's a Freudian thing? Dunno. Maybe it's just something I don't get...).

But, uh, feel free to ignore my little mini-rant. ;_; It's just years of repressed frustration at romance options in RPGs always having that dead wife/sister/girlfriend/some other female companion thing, and I'm sure there's much more to Akatsuki than his sister, anyway.

Can't wait for the demo! They all look so delicious *_*

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#48 Post by Snowflower »

Rina wrote:I only have a minor gripe with Akatsuki Tatsuo... the whole thing with Aiko reminding him of his sister.

Thank you so much for the support :)
I really appreciate it.

For the whole Akatsuki's dead sister thing. It's to show that even though he's personality itself is rather unwelcoming, he shows concerns regarding Aiko's safety (nothing to do with loving her b/c reminds him of his sister) & that kind of protectiveness explodes when Aiko starts associating with the same kind of person who have burned his family (including his little sister) alive.

Basically, I wanted to emphasize his protectiveness over her. There will be only a brief mentioning regarding his sister, so everything is fine, hopefully? :)

ANYWAYS <3
yes, the guys are absolutely beautiful

Meow~
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#49 Post by Snowflower »

MWAHAHAHA,
THE DEMO IS NOW AVAILABLE XD
but it will be only 10-15 minutes of game time.
Hence why it's a demo sooo you guys would be wanting more (?)

ziaziany
Regular

Re: WIP Shugojin! GxB [DEMO now available]

#50 Post by ziaziany »

Kyaaaaaa, It's out yeah XD
The files sure really big 100MB (why 10 min playthrough game can be this big? lol), I don't know how to compress it either.
To reduce the size ,maybe you have to change into .exe file instead , but I don't know how to do so OTZ

I finished it lol
a lot of things to say...but I'll talk later.
I hope that everyone will enjoy this.
Call me "Zia"

English isn't my first language ,so I'm sorry if I said some non-understandable stuff ''| OTZ
My Deviant ID http://crezia.deviantart.com

ziaziany
Regular

#51 Post by ziaziany »

For my feed back

####### Compliments #######

-The story is sooooo appealing >//////< more plz , I'm curious to death XD
-I enjoy it very much and proud to be one in the creator team.
-Yayy for Snowflower production >w<b

though I'm a part of the creator but I also want to say that I'm looking forward to it tooo.

####### Debug zone ########

-First, CG gallery error

Traceback here

Code: Select all

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

IOError: Couldn't find file 'gallery_locked.png'.

While running game code:
 - script at line 296 of /Users/jenniferyeon/Downloads/Shugojin!/game/CG Gallery.rpy
 - python at line 516 of /Users/jenniferyeon/Downloads/Shugojin!/game/CG Gallery.rpy.
 - python at line 268 of /Users/jenniferyeon/Downloads/Shugojin!/game/CG Gallery.rpy.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 270, in bootstrap
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\main.py", line 310, in main
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\main.py", line 93, in run
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\execution.py", line 259, in run
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\ast.py", line 574, in execute
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\python.py", line 957, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "/Users/jenniferyeon/Downloads/Shugojin!/game/CG Gallery.rpy", line 516, in <module>
  File "/Users/jenniferyeon/Downloads/Shugojin!/game/CG Gallery.rpy", line 268, in show
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\ui.py", line 216, in interact
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 1608, in interact
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 1802, in interact_core
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 262, in predict
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 236, in visit_all
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\display\core.py", line 262, in <lambda>
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\display\im.py", line 459, in predict_one
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\display\im.py", line 197, in get
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\display\im.py", line 488, in load
  File "E:\RENPY\Shugojin-win32\renpy\loader.py", line 319, in load
IOError: Couldn't find file 'gallery_locked.png'.

While running game code:
 - script at line 296 of /Users/jenniferyeon/Downloads/Shugojin!/game/CG Gallery.rpy
 - python at line 516 of /Users/jenniferyeon/Downloads/Shugojin!/game/CG Gallery.rpy.
 - python at line 268 of /Users/jenniferyeon/Downloads/Shugojin!/game/CG Gallery.rpy.

Ren'Py Version: Ren'Py 6.11.2b
-And I found that the UI buttons (skip,save,load,pref) was disappear after past the CG at stairway ,huh?, you might forgot to show it again or something

####### Suggestions #######

-Free limitation
Using free stuff has its own limit
you can't have thing like what in your mind (BGs in game should be more oriental style , I feel that the BGs in the estate seem to be more western taste) , and also , images size seem too small
So , I thinking about fixing them up. I'll try to draw homemade BGs for youuuu XD but I'm not quite sure that it will turn out good.And as I say formerly I'll try some GUI pic toooo.

more free BGM
This part I can't do anythings much ,only search for the sites
Not sure if you already known or not
[1] [2]

-Aiko's
I'm a bit confuse about the costume a little bit.
She come with the school uniform ,but why Ren didn't seem to notice the difference? or you may explain it in later story?
Or maybe because the oriental style costume sprites still on my progress orz.

Hmmm, I think this 's all for now.
If I realize something missing I'll tell you again ^^
Call me "Zia"

English isn't my first language ,so I'm sorry if I said some non-understandable stuff ''| OTZ

selenity136
Regular

#52 Post by selenity136 »

Here's my feedback as well:

Pros
- Interesting storyline. I felt like there's something deeper and how the demo ended, well I definitely want to continue playing.
- The character arts are nice :)

Cons
- I noticed some grammar/diction mistakes in the demo. Um, I don't have it with me, but one in particular that stood out was the"your" "you're" mistake. I suggest having an editor for that one if you haven't already.
- When the background switches over to castle, it seems less oriental.

Problem
- What ziaziany had mentioned about the CGs.

Thoughts
- I agree with what ziaziany said about how Ren didn't noticed the 'out of the world' attire Aiko's was sporting. Then again, I sorta get the sense that Ren isn't really the most observant type there is, so perhaps that's saying something?

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#53 Post by Snowflower »

ziaziany wrote:For my feed back
-First, CG gallery error
AH! I guess I forgot to tell everyone that the CG gallery is still in progress!!! So for anyone on, please don't open it!
ziaziany wrote: -Free limitation
Using free stuff has its own limit
you can't have thing like what in your mind (BGs in game should be more oriental style , I feel that the BGs in the estate seem to be more western taste) , and also , images size seem too small
So , I thinking about fixing them up. I'll try to draw homemade BGs for youuuu XD but I'm not quite sure that it will turn out good.And as I say formerly I'll try some GUI pic toooo.
I tried to find bgs that fit the story the most, but unless they're customized, it can't happen.
ziaziany wrote: -Aiko's
I'm a bit confuse about the costume a little bit.
She come with the school uniform ,but why Ren didn't seem to notice the difference? or you may explain it in later story?
Or maybe because the oriental style costume sprites still on my progress orz.
Aiko basically switched bodies with Yuki. Therefore, in Ren's world, Aiko is Aiko by inside but her outer exterior is still Yuki.

selenity136 wrote:Here's my feedback as well:

Cons
- I noticed some grammar/diction mistakes in the demo. Um, I don't have it with me, but one in particular that stood out was the"your" "you're" mistake. I suggest having an editor for that one if you haven't already.
- When the background switches over to castle, it seems less oriental.
Grammar, I will look into that. Background, I am trying to work on & find better ones XD
selenity136 wrote: Problem
- What ziaziany had mentioned about the CGs.

Thoughts
- I agree with what ziaziany said about how Ren didn't noticed the 'out of the world' attire Aiko's was sporting. Then again, I sorta get the sense that Ren isn't really the most observant type there is, so perhaps that's saying something?
Answered both parts. XD

JamesH
Regular
Projects: Friends Or More

#54 Post by JamesH »

The Demo was really good :)
Hi i'm JamesH
Works in progress:
Friends Or More
My Blog:
http://jhvisualnovels.blogspot.com/

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#55 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

Waa~
This will be interesting :)
I downloaded it long ago but didn't have time to try it and I just tried it out.

I like how the sprite is drawn, story and everything :3
Also I'd really like to try this after it's really finished :D

But there's one thing confusing me...
why Aiko using a school uniform and the one who's Yuki's brother didn't realized it???
I think it's weird lol

Good Luck on this~!

ziaziany
Regular

#56 Post by ziaziany »

YuukiCrossPudding wrote:Waa~
This will be interesting :)
I downloaded it long ago but didn't have time to try it and I just tried it out.

I like how the sprite is drawn, story and everything :3
Also I'd really like to try this after it's really finished :D

But there's one thing confusing me...
why Aiko using a school uniform and the one who's Yuki's brother didn't realized it???
I think it's weird lol

Good Luck on this~!
To answer your confusion , it's my fault orz
I can't done her sprite in the "supposed to be" costume on time ;___; ,so Snowflower decide to use the school uniform .
I promised that the full game will cover mistakes you see here.
and thanks for trying ^_^
Call me "Zia"

Julie
Regular

#57 Post by Julie »

This looks good so far! ^^ The demo was too short though and we didn't get to see Seto. xD I guess we will just have to wait for the full game.

I also notice something... Ren is Yuki's brother. If Aiko looks like Yuki and Ren is obtainable, if I go for Ren, that would mean that Ren will fall for his sister's look alike? xD

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#58 Post by Snowflower »

Julie wrote: I also notice something... Ren is Yuki's brother. If Aiko looks like Yuki and Ren is obtainable, if I go for Ren, that would mean that Ren will fall for his sister's look alike? xD
Yuki looks "similar" to Aiko, but exact. However, Aiko has completely different personality from her (loud, talkative, straight forward whereas Yuki was reserved, quiet & a bit anti-social) & They were able to trade places because their life frequencies were similar. They're not umm... twins?

selenity136
Regular

#59 Post by selenity136 »

Snowflower wrote:
Julie wrote: I also notice something... Ren is Yuki's brother. If Aiko looks like Yuki and Ren is obtainable, if I go for Ren, that would mean that Ren will fall for his sister's look alike? xD
Yuki looks "similar" to Aiko, but exact. However, Aiko has completely different personality from her (loud, talkative, straight forward whereas Yuki was reserved, quiet & a bit anti-social) & They were able to trade places because their life frequencies were similar. They're not umm... twins?
So basically...they just share the similar life attributes, but their soul is different? :shock:

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl

#60 Post by Snowflower »

selenity136 wrote:
Snowflower wrote:
So basically...they just share the similar life attributes, but their soul is different? :shock:
Basically... Their bodies were also compatible for one another's soul. Aiko, when she entered Kiritochi, she entered through Yuki's body... (one way to explain is like how Sayori changed with Hatsuhime in Yo-jin-bo, minus the whole necklace?) Daisuke is skilled enough to switch Aiko&Yuki's souls into one another's body.

I guess aside from similar frequencies, you can say that Aiko was readily available?
Last edited by Snowflower on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.