BG images/random art, Music, Videos (HELP!)

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

BG images/random art, Music, Videos (HELP!)

#1 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

While waiting for the story of The GXB Rebellion(it's funny coz i'm the one who writes the story XD)
I've been thinking like, "Hey, what about the BGs and musics and what if I put an op in it?"
So, I've been busy looking through other VN creators posts to see if they put where they find all of that.
But I'm here, so I never found any ^^; (Recruitments are still open by the way XD)

So I'm asking if anyone is kind enough to tell me where can I find the images and the musics and if possible, how to make a video for a VN opening using the CGs and stuffs. And randomly, I might post my sketches (traditional arts- still waiting to buy a tablet) here for critics, also plots of stories for games if I'm not confident of them. ALSO, if my grammar in the stories are kinda awkward.

But mostly, background images and the musics. One more thought, is it possible to edit a real background to make it look illustration like? Thanks! :D

night_serenade
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate, Turnip in Love, other secret projects XD

Re: BG images/random art, Music, Videos (HELP!)

#2 Post by night_serenade »

Hey there~
So for backgrounds, you can either make them yourself, or use photos that you manipulate in some photo editing program (I'm not sure how, so I won't really be able to help you there XD -points at self- I'm mostly a writer, and not digital artist)
Here's a resource for photos and bg art : http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Background_Art

And about music, there are a bunch of sites that offer free music that you can use if you credit them in your game.
Here's the link to some : http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Music_%26_Sound_Effects

You can also get someone who's a composer and willing to make original music for your VN if you wish =]
.:.Alice here~!

Writer, Proof Reader/Editor, Programmer, and Artist ;; always willing to help in whatever way I can, so don't be afraid to send me a message! =]

Here are the public projects I’m currently involved in (you should check them out =D)!!
Strings of Fate | Turnip in Love | Soul & Heart

My Deviant Art~ [I just recently created a new account, and am learning how to colour digitally, so right now there's only a limited and poor show of art XD]

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

night_serenade wrote:Hey there~
So for backgrounds, you can either make them yourself, or use photos that you manipulate in some photo editing program (I'm not sure how, so I won't really be able to help you there XD -points at self- I'm mostly a writer, and not digital artist)
Here's a resource for photos and bg art : http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Background_Art

And about music, there are a bunch of sites that offer free music that you can use if you credit them in your game.
Here's the link to some : http://wiki.renai.us/wiki/Music_%26_Sound_Effects

You can also get someone who's a composer and willing to make original music for your VN if you wish =]

oooooooooooooh :D
i found awesome BGs!!~
i haven't look in the music yet,
but this is EPIC!~ thanks!!!
(but the most of the BGs aren't suitable for The GXB Rebellion)
but it's very useful! thanks!!!!~
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT: who knows how to make videos?~

night_serenade
Regular
Projects: Strings of Fate, Turnip in Love, other secret projects XD

#4 Post by night_serenade »

Hehe no problem, I'm happy to help~! :)
Yeah I forgot to write that maybe for your VN you might want an actual BG artist, since you would need pretty unique BGs ^^
But I'm glad you found that info useful!!
.:.Alice here~!

Writer, Proof Reader/Editor, Programmer, and Artist ;; always willing to help in whatever way I can, so don't be afraid to send me a message! =]

Here are the public projects I’m currently involved in (you should check them out =D)!!
Strings of Fate | Turnip in Love | Soul & Heart

My Deviant Art~ [I just recently created a new account, and am learning how to colour digitally, so right now there's only a limited and poor show of art XD]

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#5 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuqQ3D1H ... detailpage
so, made a video using windows movie maker
critics please!
it's my very first video so please be nice ^^;
one more thing, how to scroll the picture in the vid from different directions?

Erumi-On
Regular

#6 Post by Erumi-On »

OMG NANA HARUTA'S WORK IN YOUR VIDEO *________*
sorry, I'm a fangirl of her works xDD *was reading Chocolate Cosmos*

For videos, I would recommend you to use Sony Vegas Studio 9, you can do a lot of effect with it that WMM can't make^^ But I guesse WMM is good for staters....

Your video is fine I guess, you know how to use the effect. Just keep in mnd that you've to follow the song so you sometimes have to stick with the style of the song. If the song is cheerful or sad, very slow or quick.... but I'm not really into these stuffs so... ^^;;

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Erumi-On wrote:OMG NANA HARUTA'S WORK IN YOUR VIDEO *________*
sorry, I'm a fangirl of her works xDD *was reading Chocolate Cosmos*

For videos, I would recommend you to use Sony Vegas Studio 9, you can do a lot of effect with it that WMM can't make^^ But I guesse WMM is good for staters....

Your video is fine I guess, you know how to use the effect. Just keep in mnd that you've to follow the song so you sometimes have to stick with the style of the song. If the song is cheerful or sad, very slow or quick.... but I'm not really into these stuffs so... ^^;;
i <3 nana haruta! And nagisa and thanks

Lashi

#8 Post by Lashi »

Thanks for taking time to help!!!!

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Lashi wrote:Thanks for taking time to help!!!!

I beg your pardon?
Oh, is this meant for Erumi-on/ night_serenade???

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Now then, here's a random sketch I did for a self-made manga
Critics please!! is the hand too big? is the anatomy right?
Or any other critics!
(I photoshopped the pic to make it look clearer and brighter. Might need to download it to see)
Attachments
Image000edited.jpg

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#11 Post by EternalDream »

I'll just point out the most obvious points...

First off, you're eyes are too far apart, and your ear is too small (but that's probably not relevant since the hair is covering most of it). If you study human anatomy, which I was forced to in art class ;_;, on the real human head, the space between the eyes should be about the width of the eye itself... is what I remember, at least. Though I'm not too sure if I myself follow that rule ^^;; I wouldn't say the hand is too big, and if anything, it's too small. The hand... when stretched out... should be able to somewhat cover most of a person's face. I got this from looking at my friend's hands (Yes... what a creeper I am) since my hands are smaller than they should be so I can't reference them D; Also, your finger joints are placed at the wrong places. Only advice I will give for that is -- look at your hands. My belief - Anatomy is best improved by looking at yourself. But maybe that's only for me since first off, I have pretty much perfect proportions, second off, Imma lazy ass who won't read anatomical tutorials (Or any tutorials for that matter), and third off I like looking at myself ;D <3 No, that third one was a joke! Honest! I'm not like that ^^;;

Welll hope I wasn't too harsh or anything. ;D I'm a light hearted person so don't take some of the stuff I say TOO seriously like the part about the loving to look at myself for example (and no, I'm not a pervert!!! I'm a normal girl dammit...! >O<;;)

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#12 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

EternalDream wrote:I'll just point out the most obvious points...

First off, you're eyes are too far apart, and your ear is too small (but that's probably not relevant since the hair is covering most of it). If you study human anatomy, which I was forced to in art class ;_;, on the real human head, the space between the eyes should be about the width of the eye itself... is what I remember, at least. Though I'm not too sure if I myself follow that rule ^^;; I wouldn't say the hand is too big, and if anything, it's too small. The hand... when stretched out... should be able to somewhat cover most of a person's face. I got this from looking at my friend's hands (Yes... what a creeper I am) since my hands are smaller than they should be so I can't reference them D; Also, your finger joints are placed at the wrong places. Only advice I will give for that is -- look at your hands. My belief - Anatomy is best improved by looking at yourself. But maybe that's only for me since first off, I have pretty much perfect proportions, second off, Imma lazy ass who won't read anatomical tutorials (Or any tutorials for that matter), and third off I like looking at myself ;D <3 No, that third one was a joke! Honest! I'm not like that ^^;;

Welll hope I wasn't too harsh or anything. ;D I'm a light hearted person so don't take some of the stuff I say TOO seriously like the part about the loving to look at myself for example (and no, I'm not a pervert!!! I'm a normal girl dammit...! >O<;;)

Ah, the eyes! I was kinda in a hurry that time so I just botch wherever I wanted too. ^^; Besides, the real sketch doesn't look that bad since I took a picture of it from a weird angle ^^; And the hands- o_O Never critic your own drawing XD Thanks!! In time, I'll post some more better sketches and look at tutorials even more(yet I'm an lazzy ass who doesn't read tutorials too XD)
I'll try harder!! (love ur game Secret Santa btw!!)

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#13 Post by EternalDream »

Oh I see XD and yeah, somehow, I can never look at my drawings the same ways as I did yesterday. -v- So it's best not to critique... I'll look forward to the new sketches you're going to put up ^^ Ganbatte! (Is that how you say good luck in jap? <.<;; lol... got no idea..) and thx (though I am a bit ashamed of the game's graphics D; XD)

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Okay, more sketches for people to critic!!
Image001edited.jpg
Image009edited.jpg
Yeah, I'm noot sooooo good in sideway faces ^^;
and, I was lazy drawing that first pic so......... yeah XD
Critics please!!

( I think that the eyes are too far apart again.......... Sorry EternalDream ^^; )

ofdawnandtwilight
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by ofdawnandtwilight »

Quick question! If the site's like this: http://piano78.roco.jp/web-j-b.mp3
How am I supposed to download it in real mp3?
The homepage is this: http://piano78.roco.jp/yukitoshi_bgm.html

Never mind, figured it out! :)