Misguided Hearts

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
miakosummin

Misguided Hearts

#1 Post by miakosummin »

Hey. I'm Mik. About a month ago I learned that bishoujo games existed. I decided "omg, elite! I wanna make one!" Then I found Ren'py and was like "omg, eliter!" And decided to make one.

I have a large amount of projects going on right now, including a universal TCG system, a personal manga, an embaracing webcomic with awful jokes and art, and a couple other things. I decided that a bishoujo game would be fun to make too, on the side ^_^

Quick stats: Misguided Hearts (1, as it will be a series) is about Toshio Inuzuka and his single-semester trip to a new highschool. This is a comedy/hentai game definatly. Toshio decides to make the best of the 5 months and wants to meet a girl to fool around with... Little does he know hes going to fall in love with her! And to make matters worse, she transfers away in only two weeks! If only you could convince her to stay around...

MH1 is basicly an experiment with coding, so I can make MH2 very good. MH2 is about Toshio and his two friends on a pleasure cruise. There will be 5 girls and five "endings" [the endings dont actually END the game, the game will continue on until you reach the time limit (30 ingame days) or get all five endings.] You can meet the girls at any time and even date different girls one after another! [Be careful they dont meet!]

Right now I have exams, but after exams I'm going to be working on this 100%! I'm making a website soon with some prelim sketches and such.

So yeah, I'm new, and if I broke any rules with this, dont feel bad if oyu wanna delete the topic!

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#2 Post by PyTom »

"Ren'Py--- OMG, Eliter." A new slogan... nah.

The odd thing is that I managed to spot the reference in your website's title without even having to go to the main page. I guess it's because I just got C-64 DTV a few weeks ago, but I'd like to think I would have gotten it anyway. (I grew up with a C-64.)

I actually wonder if webcomics experience helps in making a b-game. I'd guess yes, because making a webcomic means one needs to be able to draw the same character repeatedly, quickly, which probably helps when making b-games. Webcomics also require some degree of writing skill... since programming isn't really required anymore, I'd like to think the webcomics skill-set is now quite similar to that which is needed to make a game.

OTOH, in webcomics, one only stares at a panel for a few seconds, while one tends to look at an image for much longer in a game. So there's that difference.

Okay, I'm just rambling now.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

mikey
Lemma-Class Veteran
itch: atpprojects

#3 Post by mikey »

Also, webcomic experience gives you that edge in creating an abundance of teardrops and simple event CGs that the classic BG+Character approach doesn't have. Looking at Untouched, or Sango/Reconstruction or Shifted, artists who started making games have this tendency to make their games more appealing in this way.

Good luck with the project, planning is everything :wink:

miakosummin

#4 Post by miakosummin »

To be honest, loadingreadyrun.com isnt mine. Its a bunch of guys at a university nearby me, and as I frequented their forums, I asked for a spot for my webcomic. They usually make video shorts, a new one every week btw! They made the video "1337", which spread around the internet quite quickly!

And thanks for your kind words ^_^ The art in the game will definately have much more work done on it [actually, I'm trying to find an artist to do the work for me, most of my friends are much more talented then myself.

I have a feeling when I begin to make MH2, I'm gonna need to recruit a lot more help. >_<

Akimaru
Regular

#5 Post by Akimaru »

^I just found out...
Mik is a guy!!!! .....lol
I read all the 13 comics of yours....they;re short but good
although i thought mik was girl at first.
Anyhow...gl with your game.

miakosummin

#6 Post by miakosummin »

Gumbubble might not be running for much longer due to issues with my editor [who used to be my friend, although we arent really speaking anymore]. But it will be replaced with a different comic with similar style, hopefully.

miakosummin

#7 Post by miakosummin »

Alright, heres a little thumbnail I drew for a background. Its the highschool Toshio goes to. The sun is gonna be above the school and to the left a bit, so everything is going to be heavily shadowed. This is where you first meet Rika, who will be silhouetted in the center. [Sounds overused, but you'll see!] And I'm gonna add in some trees to the sides, maybe some more buildings.

I dont know if I like it though, I might completly scrap this one. What do you guys thing? I could probably do better.
Attachments
scan.jpg
MY SCANNER SUCKS.
(410.85 KiB) Downloaded 109 times