Love & Order (commercial, otome, dating sim)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Love & Order (commercial, otome, dating sim)

#1 Post by jack_norton »

Thought to post it here since the game now is officially released!

Game webpage: http://www.winterwolves.com/loveandorder.htm

Direct download links:
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... AODemo.exe (PC)
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... AODemo.zip (MAC)
http://www.winterwolves.com/download.ph ... mo.tar.bz2 (LINUX)

Image Image Image

Description:
In the smallest district of Montreal, the Crown Attorney relies on the legal expertise of its lawyers; backed up by the support of a single hard-working secretary.

This is the story of Dana Larose, a young woman starting her career as a secretary in the Crown Attorney's office. The office is both overworked and understaffed, so you'll have to work out whose projects you help with accordingly.

Will you be able to unravel the mystery being covered up, balance the stress of juggling overtime for everyone, and still manage to find love...?

Features:
Four dateable characters with unique endings for each
Dating/office sim - Deal with many different kinds of work to help everyone out around the office
Stress system - Put in overtime for extra money, but be careful to balance work and pleasure or you'll crack under stress!
Mystery - What secret is being covered up by the Crown Attorney's office? Follow the clues... but be careful!
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Codexus
Regular

Re: Love & Order (commercial, otome, dating sim)

#2 Post by Codexus »

That seems interesting, and the graphics look really nice (ikemen pawaa ;)) I'm downloading the demo.

Cain0425
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by Cain0425 »

my need help in this game will there be help on some website?

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#4 Post by jack_norton »

Well I guess you can ask here - the game isn't particularly hard, I mean check the WIP thread that was on this forum:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 5&start=30
there are already some good tips there.
computer games

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#5 Post by Alera »

I just finished playing the demo! And I must say that I really like the game! <3

My mistake at first was that I didn't care that much and I stated taking tasks from everyone, I didn't pay attention the daytime and I kept screwing up. And I bought some clothes and was left without money-wow. XD Then I restarted, concentrating on helping just one person, kept my stress always to 0% and yay!!! Things started being so cool~

I wish I could buy the full version. ;w;

Keep making awesome games!!!
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#6 Post by papillon »

The game could possibly do with a semi-tutorial involving Dana being guided around for her first day and shown how the general concepts of asking for jobs, performing them (in particular locations if necessary) and watching the clock work. If you're motivated you pick it up after your first dismal failure though. :)

frederic09
Regular
Projects: La Valse des Saisons (The Season's dance) - 0.03% done

#7 Post by frederic09 »

i'm not against otome games, but this one... well... i didn't liked.

Maybe the repetitive stuff :D
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

My first VN project : The Season's Dance (the title might change). More info soon.

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#8 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:lol: Well, maybe I do like real-work-based repetitive stuff, moving boxes for hours (with or without forklifts) in Shenmue and enjoying it tremendously !
Anyway, as I stated before, Love and Order has some of Ally MacBeal's appeal to me, goals to achieve, some mystery and has even potential for sequels ! I really appreciated the demo and bought the full game a few minutes ago ! Thanks for producing this ! :D

"Big Badaboum !!!!" (Disappears to play :wink: )

Toki-the-Baker
Projects: Akatsuki Romance- WIP

#9 Post by Toki-the-Baker »

This is the story of Dana Larose...
I'm kind of freaked out since this is my sister's full name...very weird coincidence.

I'm dl'ing the demo tonight, excited to play it.

sporkysan
Regular

#10 Post by sporkysan »

I was really excited for an otome game, but after playing the demo I was disappointed. The artwork is beautiful, but the writing is lacking. You don't really get to know the characters well at all and when you talk to them, it's just to ask for work or to ask them on a date. The dates are also rather generic. The only time I felt I really talked to the characters was when they were introduced to me.

I really hated that the only way to get the characters to like me more was to do work for them. It's like they only like me because I'm useful. It's not because I'm pretty or smart, it's because I do work for them. Great. That just made raising the relationship bar boring and I lost interest really quickly. I think that is the biggest flaw in the game. It's more like a dry management game with romance thrown in as an afterthought because the characters are attractive.

One minor thing that I would have been willing to overlook, but I still don't like is the menu at the beginning of the game. I wish that there was something else instead of a black background. The plain black background gave off the impression that the game was not a finished product or that it wasn't a high quality game.

The mystery case is somewhat interesting, but it's only one part of the game. And it's not amazing enough to make up for all the other stuff that is lacking.

Unless someone writes a stellar review that proves me wrong or points out some amazing aspect of the game that I haven't encountered,I don't think I will be purchasing Love and Order. I hope Remember Me will be better.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#11 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks for the review. I don't know if Remember Me will be "better", but each character has 5-6k words of dialogue and 10 events (might add more if I have time), so at least under this aspect should please you I think :)
computer games

chensterrain
Veteran
Completed: Lucky Rabbit Reflex!, Dusk ~A Moonlight Romance~
Projects: Edge of Elsewhere
Organization: Super63
Tumblr: supersixthree
Deviantart: chensterrain

#12 Post by chensterrain »

I've been getting this weird error whenever I try and start a new game - this didn't happen the first couple of times I played through the demo, but once I tried to use skip mode to get past the early bits of dialogue and now the game crashes as soon as Dorothy first appears, no traceback or anything. I've tried a few more times and now this happens whether I use skip mode or not; I uninstalled and reinstalled the demo and then bought the full game, but it still crashes at that point, and all the save files I have are from after I've asked someone on a date, so I can't get any more endings. Any suggestions...? (I'm running windows 7, if that helps...)

In terms of critique, I'd say the game is okay. I really like the artwork and backgrounds, but a lot of the time, it kind of feels like a 'doing random tasks at the office' sim rather than a romance game? I got Ross' ending and I still don't know anything about him other than the fact that he's my hot boss and I wanted to tap that. :B I'm looking forward to Remember Me, though!

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#13 Post by jack_norton »

Hm I know Christine sent me an update a day ago, but I think if you're using an old savegame perhaps it could still have problems. Will point her to this thread so maybe she can find out the problem and/or ask you more info about the bug. Thanks and sorry about that!
computer games

YuukiCrossPudding
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Gidget & The Mysterious Thievery of Hoppity Town
Projects: Cerulean, The Photographer, Stalker&Yandere, Enamored Risks, Who Is The Red Queen?
itch: yuukipudding

#14 Post by YuukiCrossPudding »

omg omg I am so late!
yaaay~!!
I've waited for this! :D
I'm going to try it :3

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#15 Post by Tachyglossus »

I bought this game back in February and enjoyed it well enough, but I will say there seems to be an unfair bias towards Dorothy. It seems like she is the only one who has a personality (Johnathon coming in a close second), and she seems to get more special 'scenes'. It also makes me wonder about Dana. She seemed a bit freaked out by Dorothy, but... yet... just went with things? Dana lacks a weighted or even realistic personality.

Pierre and Ross lacked personality, and despite different positions and appearance, could almost be clones of each other. Dorothy and Johnathon, although with more of a presence, seemed almost to be 'gimmicks'. Johnathon is a flirt, and Dorothy is the token girl/lesbian to appeal to a a less conventional demographic. Hmmm... maybe I oughtn't use the word 'conventional' since I don't know what IS conventional this day and age. I live in an igloo and only have hamsters to generate electricity for me.

However, I DID enjoy the challenge of balancing romance, work, and solving the mystery. It kept me having to really focus and plan out how I was going to do things, especially since you get almost nothing on pay day UNLESS you work overtime. It took me a bit to get the hang of things, and learning things from trial an error was a quick process, so I don't really think the game really needs a tutorial personally. People just need to decide what their focus is going to be.

All in all, my opinion is 50/50 on this game.