[Added Majin Encyclopedia entry!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: [New Screenshot!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

#61 Post by musical74 »

I love these screenshots! (ALL of them) particularly like the creative mind one (assuming that's an ending?)

I plan on trying the demo out when it comes out, and (assuming I can keep money aside for it) buy it when you finish it!
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

Re: [New Screenshot!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

#62 Post by kinougames »

:) Yep, that's one of probably way too many endings.

Glad to hear you're enjoying our snippets!
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [Meet The Chars in First Post~] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit

#63 Post by kinougames »

Updated first post!
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#64 Post by Arithra »

Wah! The characters sure seem interesting and very unique.
Ihave absolutly no idea who I would try to get first... and there are 20 of them...
I feel kind of lost, but I am defenitly going to buy this game!
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#65 Post by kinougames »

Well, a little advice on my own part. The random elements in the game are honestly extremely tiny, and it is possible, through playing, to guesstimate a good or a bad ending. Getting some of the best endings require a few playthroughs to learn how the system works, so I'd play a few times with low expectations, and then take what I'd learned to aim for the numerous "good" endings. :)

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#66 Post by Arithra »

Well, that is fine after all I want to know as much about the game as possible, playing only once is not acceptable.
I'm looking forward to may.
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#67 Post by kinougames »

The idea that you can learn the game after playing a few times is what endeared me to Princess Maker 2 over other PM games that were more random; and I want that idea to carry on to all of my group's games. :)

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#68 Post by papillon »

(Speaking of games you have to learn, have you tried playing Academagia? It's MIND BOGGLINGLY COMPLICATED but there are definite tactics to learn to increase your success...)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#69 Post by LVUER »

Perhaps I'm late asking this (and perhaps it have been asked by other)... in this game, is it possible to have homosexual relationship (and ending)? It would be nice if it can >_<
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#70 Post by kinougames »

:P Did you not notice one of the potential marriages was a girl? She's one of a few. :)

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#71 Post by LVUER »

Yeah, that's why I ask if there's homosexual relationship. I'm afraid they're just end up as rivalry relationship.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#72 Post by kinougames »

Ohhhhh, no no no. One of the things I really dislike about a lot of games is that rivalry thing they always do between girls. In this game, you can have girl and guy friends, rivals are girls and guys, and marriages are girls and guys. There are more boys, but girl endings are easy to get if you seek them out and understand the system a bit, and since they're a bit harder than most of the guy endings (it's my personal opinion that girls are more picky as far as choosing each other), they're just as easy to avoid if you don't want them.

In fact, as a hint, my favorite ending in this game by far is the Persephone marriage. :D

For the record, any game my group does that involves a marriage component will allow same-sex relationships.

Abeiramar
Regular

#73 Post by Abeiramar »

kinougames wrote:Ohhhhh, no no no. One of the things I really dislike about a lot of games is that rivalry thing they always do between girls. In this game, you can have girl and guy friends, rivals are girls and guys, and marriages are girls and guys. There are more boys, but girl endings are easy to get if you seek them out and understand the system a bit, and since they're a bit harder than most of the guy endings (it's my personal opinion that girls are more picky as far as choosing each other), they're just as easy to avoid if you don't want them.

In fact, as a hint, my favorite ending in this game by far is the Persephone marriage. :D

For the record, any game my group does that involves a marriage component will allow same-sex relationships.
Ahah, you did hint that Persephone is homosexual (in that character description: "she loves beautiful girls").
I personally like it, because I don't remember in any Princess Maker game the possibility to marry a girl. I think the option to go after a girl will be very interesting :P .

This games looks astonishing and commercial quality worth, congratulations :wink: .

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#74 Post by kinougames »

I think in like, Princess Maker 4, there are some "girl endings", but they're incredibly subdued and ridiculously hard to get, and less "marriage!" and more "friendship that could be a gay relationship if you squint and tilt your head to the side and wish upon a falling star".

In this case, there is absolutely no room for doubt. Majin very easily and smoothly switch genders and in general, most of them have probably experienced same-sex relationships, so it's not considered anything odd. In the case of Sirens, it is considered odd for them to have heterosexual relationships...for one specific biological reason. xD

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#75 Post by Tachyglossus »

It's strange... I hadn't played Princess Maker 2 in a very long time. Then on a whim I download it and play it through many times, reveling in how well thought out the game was and its various elements and endings. Then I sighed that I've never found another game like it...

...only to stumble across this. The idea of a game promising to be similar to Princess Maker 2 and then more has me interested. I can only hope it ends up being all that is promised... and that some strange catastrophe doesn't leave me bankrupt when it comes out.