RockRobin - Band Manager (Demo)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Minchan

Re: RockRobin - Band Manager (New Demo)

#511 Post by Minchan »

. . . S-so, um. Just wanna say that having played the new demo, I have to say I'm loving the direction this is going in ;D Robin was a lot more likeable in this demo than in the old one, with a lot more hints that she'll grow to be something more than a diva, and that her bandmates and her would start to function as more of a family group than just as a bunch of people bound by necessity for a reason, as opposed to "Oh, well, plot says they all love each other cause that's the more heartwarming story". I started out not really liking Robin- with the first demo I was like "Eh, whatever", but having played this second one (and I am so glad I did), I am super excited for this game to be finished \o/

Like some other people have said, it is good enough to be a commercial game- and normally I only I think the $19.95 price for a lot of the commercial games is ridiculous, but I would pay that much for this game. That said, it's also good to know that it'll be a free game, cause, um. . . I'm broke. But the point still stands!

. . . Kirby's my favorite. He's ador(k)able. I don't really have any "romantic" favorite because the romance paths haven't been gone into as much, but I am shipping Robin x Beau hard, no lie.

. . .so yeah. All I had to say. Good luck with the game! /downloads Seraphine in the meantime.

Julie
Regular

#512 Post by Julie »

I loved the new demo as much as I loved the first one but something's bugging me...
Why did Sterling kiss her? xD
There are a lot of questions going in my mind about the characters and about their past so I'm really curious about everybody's relationship with each other. ^^ I still don't fully understand why Sterling kicked her out the band and stuff. Maybe I missed something because I was reading fast....or it was done on purpose to look forward to the full game even more? xD

I also spotted a few typos but I forgot to list them down. :( I'll get back to you when I play it again next time. ^^

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#513 Post by Aleema »

@Minchan: Thank you for playing! And for the very kind words!! I'm also glad that you like the way things are looking for Robin! Perhaps I should have included the extra scene all along. xD Yes, Robin isn't a static character. She's still a strong woman no matter what, but being a diva isn't who she is (and some people know that, like Dallas). I try to make sure all the characters and relationships are real and not stilted/contrived at all. The writers watch each other's backs for this, too. :D

Thanks for the commercial compliment, but that's all it can be right now: a compliment. =P This game is super free. Donors get exclusive stuff, but they deserve it for helping us out. I, too, think some light video games charge way too much with the default "$20" price tag. -_- Some are $5 or $10 at best. (And a lot of $60 games aren't worth that either!) But people still buy these games, so the price works. Damn. I'm also broke, so I totally feel you on this.

Yurp, Emmitt is certifiably adorkable. :mrgreen: I'm glad you're open minded about the romances (not assuming Dallas' will be the most boring, etc). Beau x Robin was fun to write. Thanks to mikisweety, she unclouds my eyes to see what is good and bad (and not just Beau fanservice!) so hopefully you will like it.

@Julie: Can't talk about character development, really. But why Robin was kicked out of the band was said several times: because she was a diva, and the last straw was upsetting a talent scout. They decided she was way more harm to the band than good. Thanks for playing both demos! :)

Alise-chan

#514 Post by Alise-chan »

I played the demo and I loved itt~ ♥

I really can't wait for the full game:)
Name's Alise.
If you ever try to pronounce it, it's Ah-lees. Not Ah-lis. K? :)

otomegirl24
Regular
Projects: Kiss & Tell [WIP]

#515 Post by otomegirl24 »

Did anyone have this problem? Or is it just me?

I started playing the latest version of the demo and I came across an error in the coding or something. So far I reached the month of September and the game suddenly crashes on me when I tried to work on a gig for the band. ^^;;

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#516 Post by Aleema »

Yeah, you should have never reached September, that's a glitch I can't fix. You likely viewed your monthly report when the trigger for June 5 came around, so auditions never happened. I will fix that for the full game. Sorry!

otomegirl24
Regular
Projects: Kiss & Tell [WIP]

#517 Post by otomegirl24 »

It's alright, I was wondering why hadn't the auditions come up when I passed the deadline. xD

GlassHeart
Regular
Completed: Hand in hand with destiny, Out of Sight, Summer Found Me (Again), Signed X, Trapped
itch: https://selavi.itch.

#518 Post by GlassHeart »

I played the demo yesterday and I loved it. I liked it from the very begining, it's very complex and very well made. I kept telling myself it's just a demo, so that I wouldn't be suprised when it ends, but I still was. :cry: I totally thought that after the auditions the demo would end because it made sense, it all seemed like in introduction to the game, but the little flashback scene was pretty cool,
I was not expecting the kiss. I had pictured Robin to be the one who "chased" Sterling.

Playing this demo inspired me in a way. Right after I finished it I went to work on my own project. It's way simpler and smaller but still I want to make it the better after seeing yours, so thanks :)
Image Image

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#519 Post by Aleema »

Thanks for playing, GlassHeart! Yes, the first demo originally ended after the auditions, but I threw in an extra scene as a bonus for the 2nd release of the demo.

Glad the game inspired you to work on your own! And I envy your simplicity. Not blowing up a project is a ridiculously hard thing to do. :)

dubunny

#520 Post by dubunny »

Just played the demo. I loved it and kind of moaned at my computer screen when it ended haha. I agree with those who've said this could be a commercial game, I'd be totally willing to pay for it. Anyway, I'm so excited for the full game. I'm in love with basically all the guys so it's going to be a tough one in terms of choices >.<

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#521 Post by Kura »

I was really looking forward to this demo and finally got a chance to play it today. And... wow! I'm really impressed. The characters are excellently developed and it definitely seems like be even more true in the full version. The writing's great, too, with a really good balance of fun and dramatic. And the goal-based mechanic is quite clever, works really well. Can't wait for the full game!

Also, Emmitt. I love him to pieces. I would love to see later in the game, if he gets good enough/the band gets popular enough, a scene where his brother owns up to the fact that he's actually talented.
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#522 Post by Aleema »

Thank you for playing! I'm so glad the characters appealed to you! I'm working on the delicate balance of fun and dramatic right now, since characters like Dallas are more inclined to "dramatic" 24/7. xD

sheetcakeghost
Veteran

#523 Post by sheetcakeghost »

maypaymusic wrote:will there be a walkthrough provided for this game? :) it'll be good to get it early :D
A game like this doesn't really need a walkthrough. Perhaps a hint and tips guide though.

maypaymusic
Regular

#524 Post by maypaymusic »

yea I was thinking about that as the paths for the characters seem rather straight forward :) what about cheats then? money cheat maybe? :lol: though I would think that would be too easy as well xD
♥Sometimes we must get hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know, Sometimes our vision clears only after our eyes are washed away with tears...♥

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#525 Post by Aleema »

As I said before, there will be a guide so there is no mystery how things work, but it will be for donators only, as a thank you. I also won't release the cheat codes publicly (again, only the donators.) There is a hints/tips screen on the main menu, but it is not character specific ...

Of course, all of that is subject to change over time.