[Added Majin Encyclopedia entry!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

Re: [More chars added!] Papa Pirate, Baby Bandit.

#106 Post by Tachyglossus »

Well maybe heavily wasn't the right word, but I mean, with Princess Maker 2, regardless of her sign she always seemed to behave the same; it was really a matter of how stressed you let her get versus her morality whether she was a good girl or a bad girl.

Something with a little more challenge or a bit more of a balancing act, or something that makes certain endings more or less likely, appeals to me nonetheless!

By the way, I like the wooden paneling/frame of the textbox, although, isn't that a bit bulky? Of course I'm not seeing it in context of the entire screen...

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Working on ミツマタ [Mitsumata (c)].

#107 Post by kinougames »

Actually, the blood types in PM2, while definitely not a massive portion of the game, actually could have decent effects, depending. I found when I chose I think, B blood, she ran away a LOT more than usual. (The signs, I remember, actually did something else, which was determine the special benefits you got from your "mother goddess". So each of those did have an effect, but I can pretty surely say that this personality system will have a bit more of an effect than that. It primarily affects your invisible stats, like her mood or her self-esteem, but those can mean a lot if you let them go too low, or manage to get them very high. :)

It's actually not the personality itself that makes the endings more likely. :) We give game clues, so you'll probably be able to figure it out. 8D

We're actually using this particular textbox as a confirmation textbox, it's current size doesn't matter terribly since the background will all be "fuzzy-screened" and this will sit right on top. We're playing with it for main screen dialogue and for other things, we'll sort of see how it goes.

Samples of usage:
This is its intended usage.
sampleblackoutscreen.png
These are potential usages that we'll all stare at blankly for about 5 hours before deciding that it's too ugly to live. xD
sampletextMAINGUI.png
haruconvoscreen.png
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Development blog's up! Visit!

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#108 Post by Arithra »

I actually kind of like the last one, wouldnt it be possible to use that one.. the other one is so... ähm...differnt from the rest of the art. like the frame and such
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#109 Post by kinougames »

The last one? Which one? xD We have two styles in there. xD
Check out the new interactive media project, Mitsumata(c). Follow 8 colorful characters in a story full of drama, horror, all sexualities and exciting gameplay~!

Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

#110 Post by Elze »

Ehhh I personally prefer this one: sampletextMAINGUI.png
So that we can see more of the background and stuff?

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#111 Post by kinougames »

Ah, there won't be a problem with seeing the background, however, usually when status messages pop up, the pop up is right in the center of the screen and the background is blacked out. The box will definitely be used for that purpose. For conversations and whatnot, we'd not put it right in the middle, like that. xD

Tachyglossus
Regular

#112 Post by Tachyglossus »

Aaaah I understand now.

Which reminds me... will there be invisible stats in your game?

And it is interesting that you are using very different text box styles. I still think the wood frames look bulky. They should be fine for the intended use, but on top of images and whatnot, I prefer something more streamlined.

Arithra
Regular
Completed: Finding a prom date

#113 Post by Arithra »

the one that is not showen in the other examples.
I thing it fits much better!
Please visit my projects Perios- Chained Sorceress
and Final Banquet now with demo!

And my blog for more updates!

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#114 Post by kinougames »

We DO have invisible stats.

The last usage is officially canned, we're still trying to figure out the second's usage.

Tachyglossus
Regular

#115 Post by Tachyglossus »

Invisible stats are both horrifying and exciting. Horrifying that there's something I can't monitor, and therefor, do not have as tight control over, but exciting because of the challenge and anticipation of "WHERE DID THAT COME FROM?!"

Well, still, I shall drool with as much dignity as possible.

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#116 Post by kinougames »

Ahahaha, you can actually monitor them, but as they work on number ranges, you only get the range and not the number, which is much harder to keep on track. :D

Tachyglossus
Regular

#117 Post by Tachyglossus »

Oooh I see. It seems I keep jumping to conclusions and misunderstanding, but don't worry, I'm still stoked about the game!

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#118 Post by kinougames »

Haha, I would be sad if you weren't. We're about to get a whole ton of new screens up (that I spent all day doing >_>) so stay tuned!

kinougames
Miko-Class Veteran

#119 Post by kinougames »

Okay, some updates!

We tried something different with the last screen. :D
newtxtscreen.png
And a few other screens.
citychats.png
dinnerscreen.png

musical74
Eileen-Class Veteran

#120 Post by musical74 »

I'm hungry for....the demo!!

With as much detail as you are showing...there's gotta be more....which makes me all the more impatient to try this!

I do like the *same-sex possible ending*, with a few exceptions (a certain Cute Knight comes to mind) there are VERY few commerical games that fit that mentality, or if they do, it's *friends only*...
A friend is one that walks in when the world walks out.