Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
Akimaru
Regular

#121 Post by Akimaru »

^Magi: I like the cerberus sketch.. that's an amazing piece of shading.
eclipse wrote:Nice one. Guess you're going to beat me to a girl with corn rows. ^_^ But yeah, not many darker skined characters in anime. Your girl looks like she can totally hang out with Nadine (a character in one of my games). Got a name for her yet? :)
Thnx...her name is Lana.
Megaman Z wrote:have we forgotten about Love Hina (specifically kaolla Su)?
ShiraiJunichi wrote:Peach Girl. Momo's dark skin is a big aspect in that series ^_^
Those are tanned skinned girls....momo-chan used to swim a lot and Kaolla was from a small island near Japan. Those skin tones are leaning towards an orange color and dont really define an etnic background for the characters.

bookie
Veteran

#122 Post by bookie »

Bear Walken from Gungrave is black. He kicks hard ass. His daughter is too. (duh) So is one of the minor characters that dies in the begining XD But he's a good friend of the main characters none the less.

And the princess in Utena is black, aaaand that's all I got.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

random sketches and stuff

#123 Post by lordcloudx »

Last edited by lordcloudx on Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Dre
Regular

#124 Post by Dre »

The first black anime character I ever seen was barret from final fantasy 7. This was some years ago.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

I lied....

#125 Post by lordcloudx »

Everyone seems to be busy with their projects right now.

I couldn't resist coloring these. I used two different coloring styles. Which one looks better?

wearing a certain ff7 girl's outfit

How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#126 Post by F.I.A »

Art dumpage for a project which will take years for me to work(Not for the difficulty of it, more like my interest for it.)

Muhammad Avdol in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure is a black skinned.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#127 Post by PyTom »

If we allow male characters, then the problem of coming up with anime characters of african descent is made significantly easier. It's finding female characters that is harder.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#128 Post by F.I.A »

PyTom wrote:If we allow male characters, then the problem of coming up with anime characters of african descent is made significantly easier. It's finding female characters that is harder.
Sorry but I had not paid much attention to the original subject.

Well, if you include game characters, you got Elena from Street Fighter 3, and Mina from Samurai Shodown. I assume Elena is an african, while I cannot be sure about Mina.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

misuzu

#129 Post by lordcloudx »

Here's one inspired by a certain ccs webcomic ... and I always wanted to see a violent Misuzu

hee hee there's something satisfying about poking fun at saikano

TMBpower
Regular

#130 Post by TMBpower »

lordcloudx's guy skater needs a sweatdrop.XD

Ping-chan from MegaTokyo.^^ I hope I can go to SakuraCon this year since Piro's going (!!).
Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#131 Post by lordcloudx »

lordcloudx's guy skater needs a sweatdrop.XD
hey you're right. btw, can you tell me how you color those eyes?

TMBpower
Regular

#132 Post by TMBpower »

lordcloudx wrote:hey you're right. btw, can you tell me how you color those eyes?
Meh, I'm so lazy I just airbrush.:roll:

Here's a better way to do it: (not my tutorial) And the artist's DA account.
Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#133 Post by lordcloudx »

thanx that was a great tutorial. I learned a new way to use color from it too. I kinda shortened that method to suit my lazy style.

still, I wish I knew how the artist managed to scan in good lineart from a pencil sketch as covered in that tutorial. the explanations are kinda confusing.

Iaman
Regular

#134 Post by Iaman »

wow... haven't put anything up here for a while... but uh... let's see if this works:

Attachments
RALPH THE PENGUIN
RALPH THE PENGUIN
ralph.png (73.63 KiB) Viewed 1735 times
I have no pants!

RedSlash
Veteran

#135 Post by RedSlash »

lordcloudx wrote: still, I wish I knew how the artist managed to scan in good lineart from a pencil sketch as covered in that tutorial. the explanations are kinda confusing.
Here's my interpretation of that para:

First adjust Brightness/Contrast in such a way that your background looks white and your lineart looks black (to the best of your ability). Duplicate your background layer. Then go to your channels palette (Window->Channels) and click the round dotted button (Load channels as selection) in the toolbar at the bottom of the channels palette. This creates a selection around everything minus the lineart. Then press "Delete" to get rid of the white areas.. then delete the original background layer and all you are left with is the line art.