Just Got My Figma BRS With Unexpected Bonus: BRS OVA ^_^

For the rest of your otaku life.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Just Got My Figma BRS With Unexpected Bonus: BRS OVA ^_^

#1 Post by LVUER »

I'm so happy today ^o^

Today my ordered Figma Black Rock Shooter has just arrived. Well that alone is enough to make me jump in joy. But there's a bonus for me. Actually, I want to import this straight from Japan, but I was late and I was forced to order it from local store (albeit a bit more expensive).

But I never thought that it's actually bring luck to me. Along with this Figma BRS, also bundled the 50 minutes Black Rock Shooter Original Animation, Black Rock Shooter OVA \(>o<)/ I guess I got some kind of limited edition or perhaps 100 or so first edition of Figma BRS that include the bonus disc.

To add more joy, at first I though this is going to be Japanese voice only with no subs (since this is a Japanese merchandise). But when I watched the DVD, there's an English sub! I'm crying in joy (not liberality, since I don't want my family to think I'm going crazy).
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

lucy
Lucy-Class Veteran

Re: Just Got My Figma BRS With Unexpected Bonus: BRS OVA ^_^

#2 Post by lucy »

I know that feel...

About the DVD bundled:
Though the pacing feels kinda weird shifting from them to her and back... the animation is so-so but the fighting scenes are good... short but good... and to think BRS just started as some random artwork from no-where... to this... envy much...

About the Figma:
Of all the figma's I have purchased... BRS is the one that had the least flexibility regarding posing... especially on the legs... the articulation is unlike any of the Figma's I have so far... it behaves more like a WWE wrestling action figure... it was a nice change to see the rounded knob ends of the hand removed making it easier to change hands without the fear of breaking them and leaving an unrecoverable stub... (I had to purchase a second saber because of that)...

Her large gun is so heavy that it has it's own stand. Also, she was somewhat kinda difficult to balance unsupported due to the unusual distribution of of weight in her hair with one side being larger than the other... and the chains... it's sooooo exploitable!!!... nevertheless... congratulations on your purchase... just make sure to wash your hands first when handling your Figma's... I ruined my first saber's white dress (not to mention I broke her hand so I need to replace her)... I recommend using white disposable rubber gloves... and when playing them... use the plastic bag included to store the tiny unused parts when not playing with them (You don't want to end up spending hours looking for a missing hand or a shoe or an accessory)...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

#3 Post by Alera »

Wow- that's really cool!!! BRS! <3

Surprises like that are awesome! Make you feel even happier and just jump around and scream "YAY!"YAY!" *lol* It happened to me when I ordered my BJD- had some bonus items for which I had no idea!
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

rincewind
Regular
Deviantart: rinceman

#4 Post by rincewind »

I got the OVA, but with my Black Rock Shooter Nendo. Was a niiiice extra!

And the Nendo is soooo cute. And because being alone is lonely I got her a friend, Deadmaster. They both looks so cute together!!

Now, I need to get the Yomi Figma!!

LVUER
King of Lolies

#5 Post by LVUER »

Aaaah, I was gonna buy the BRS nendo, but all sites I know already run out of them (T_T) So I guess the nendo version have to wait. I don't really like Gold Saw and Dead Master so I won't buy them, but I bought both figma and nendo Strength ^_^ so BRS won't be lonely anymore (besides, they are supposed to be allies, right?).

I don't know if I'm going to buy Yomi or not, since her figma version is way too plain (not worth the money)...

One thing that makes me furious right now is the WHITE ROCK SHOOTER (WRS)!!! Aaaagh!!! I really want it, but it's exclusively bundled with BRS the Game (PSP) and that makes it freaking expensive (about 8.000-10.000 yen, not counting the expensive shipping fee and tax)... damn (T_T)
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account

rincewind
Regular
Deviantart: rinceman

#6 Post by rincewind »

The same happened to me with the Mato Figma. I wanted to get both, Yomi and Mato, but Mato is already sold out. :(
But, glad that you BRS has found a partner!! Yeay!! :D

And, wow, 8000-10000 yens plus shipping and taxes...!! The figure looks awesome... but its too much!! T_T And I dont even have a PSP!! Despair!!

Too many nice things and too little money!! Whyyyy!? *shakes fist to the heavens*

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Riviera »

Congratulations, that sounds awesome! A shame WRS is so pricey.

I agree totally with rincewind. Is far easier to spend money than it is to make it. ;_;
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

LVUER
King of Lolies

#8 Post by LVUER »

Well, the WRS itself isn't too expensive, especially when you know you will get a PSP UMD (BRS the Game). The problem is that you HAVE to buy BRS the Game to get the WRS (T_T)

Same thing happened to latest PSP Atelier game (forget the title, is it Atelier Miruru?). The game is bundled with a nendoroid of the heroine (which is, as usual, exclusive for this game only). But since I'm not interested with this one, it's not a problem...

DeviantArt Account