Planet Stronghold (RPG/VN, sci-fi, commercial)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Planet Stronghold (RPG/VN, sci-fi, commercial)

#16 Post by jack_norton »

Hi, sent you a reply by email, most likely a firewall is blocking the application :)
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

sporkysan
Regular

#17 Post by sporkysan »

Just finished my first playthrough of the game. I have to say I was very amazed by the game overall. Parts of it were disappointing, but the good outweighed the bad. I very happy that I go this game. I'll write a more detailed review later when I'm not suppose to be sleeping.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#18 Post by jack_norton »

the game was reviewed today:
http://www.gamertell.com/gaming/comment ... er-wolves/
usually I agree with Jenni (the reviewer), but in this case I'm a bit surprised that she thinks the game is very difficult even at easy level! I think at easy... is rather easy! :D wondering if other people think the same? I never got any complaint for excessive difficulty from any user, but maybe most of the buyers are RPG fans that tolerate difficulty better?
computer games

sporkysan
Regular

#19 Post by sporkysan »

I didn't feel the game was too difficult. I played it on easy, but I was trying to play through it as quickly as I could because I didn't have the time to sink into it. The battles are a bit long though. Or maybe it just seems that way because there are so many opportunities for battles. I avoided as many as I could and it still felt like a lot. I'm a bit biased though. Like I said before I was trying to power through the game.

Also I still owe a review for this. It's on my long to-do list. Hopefully I get to it soon. I really deserves a through review. Maybe after I do a second playthrough.

Aashtarsrain
Regular
Projects: Speed Dater Evolution, The Magistrate

#20 Post by Aashtarsrain »

:D Finally found some time to buy it with the strategy guide pack and play !!! Huge game ! Plenty to do. Great characters and action, that's for sure ! And there's definitely a Mass Effect flavour, but with a smile. Just what I love.
After trying the demo, I knew I would play at easy level because some fights can be quite challenging (and even at easy lol) and I'm no newcomer to turn-based rpgs, but that's precisely a good thing 'cause it's no fun if it's too easy of course. The locations maps, gradually unveiling, are so fun to go through
that's a pity we can't fight again there when we've done the first set of quests and when we can go back after taking sides ; just random encounters to do some level-grinding would have been great, 'cause I'm doing Damien's arena now and I'm supposed to be around "level ten" to fight the Warui robots near the transmitters and well the going gets tough lol because I'm level 6 and I've fought almost every possible battle from the start ! Time to have a look at the strategy guide I guess :lol:
!
I really love the idea of using the skills of the crew to solve situations without fighting... maybe ! lol You're really good at crafting catchy situations in your games, and the inventory is awesome too
not to mention the character's delicious conversations and quests
. Looking forward to playing more rpgs from you, whatever the setting.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#21 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks a lot. Actually I avoided making too much grinding on purpose!! :D
But I think with the guide you should get to level 10 easily. Glad you liked this, I'll be making an add-on around this summer and the next RPG should be the superheroes one (depending which artist works faster!).
computer games

Muse
Regular

#22 Post by Muse »

I believe I found a minor typo in this. A missing space.
"Queen Sophia: And now?Where are they? Oh Oscar, what will happen to Cliff?"
Also, this one may or may not be a typo. It entirely depends on your writing preference (it uses an exclamation point when a question mark or both can be used), but I thought I would bring it up just in case it was unintended, since it was a couple lines before the first one.
"King Oscar: HOW IS IT POSSIBLE THAT I'M ATTACKED IN THE MOST SECURE COLONY OF THE EMPIRE!"
Was finally able to buy the full version today, by the way. So happy about it. :D

Edit: Found another minor one, a capital in the middle of a sentence:
Lisa Nelson (I assume this also happens for the male PC too): Yes, the surveillance androids reported that the situation is under control. However, We cannot ignore the possibility of future attacks.
Another one too. I think that in this case, prince should not be capitalized:
Nelson: Well, not much. I first need to retrieve three missing pieces of the long-range scanner so it will be operative again. Then with it, we should be able to track where the Prince went.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#23 Post by jack_norton »

Thanks, will fix them so when I make the next update is correct (probably only major change is a really EASY difficult level).
computer games

Muse
Regular

#24 Post by Muse »

jack_norton wrote:Thanks, will fix them so when I make the next update is correct (probably only major change is a really EASY difficult level).
I may have found one more, actually. If you
go find the fruit cactus to heal Tom, and click leave (successfully), Rumi is able to grab a piece of the cactus fruit even if you don't choose to reason with them or fight them. I don't know if this is intentional or not.

Thanks! :D Very fun game so far, can't stop playing.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#25 Post by jack_norton »

Ah no that is NOT intentional :oops: thanks going to check that too :)
computer games

Muse
Regular

#26 Post by Muse »

jack_norton wrote:Ah no that is NOT intentional :oops: thanks going to check that too :)
*laughs* One more minor one. Is there perhaps a different way you'd like me to report these instead of posting here? I just realized it may not be very convenient for you. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Android Lucille: No, the location is quite clear, I've market it on your map, but there is something strange.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by jack_norton »

Yes email me the bugs/typos you find at Image
It will be better indeed :) thanks!
computer games

applegirl
Veteran

#28 Post by applegirl »

I'm embarrassed to ask because it shows how bad I am at playing RPGs, but are there any cheats in this game that help us untalented gamers? I struggle on the easy level surprisingly often and I was hopeful there was an easier option to approach this game.

jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran

#29 Post by jack_norton »

I didn't put any cheats inside the game (maybe I should lol) but I have some tips around in my forums: http://www.winterwolves.net/viewforum.php?f=23
I suppose you find hard the battles? which class did you choose? some classes are easier to play than others. In general is a good strategy to get lots of healing kits before entering in battle and use Psionics mostly to heal and always have a tank (soldier or guardian class).
I'm also considering doing another small update to lower the easy mode difficulty even more...
computer games

applegirl
Veteran

#30 Post by applegirl »

Ah, I actually figured the game strategy out and realized what I was doing wrong. After reading through the forum and guide, I think easy level is actually quite fair. It just took me a little longer since I wasn't quite used to playing this type of game. But boy am I glad that I did. I've finally finished one playthrough and I must say: this is an EPIC game. I couldn't stop playing! I should have figured it'd be a great sci-fi game after Bionic Heart, but wow! Good lord, I hope you plan on making sequels or more games like this.