jack_norton
Lemma-Class Veteran
Completed: Too many! See my homepage
Projects: A lot! See www.winterwolves.com
Tumblr: winterwolvesgames

Re: Dragon Age

#121 Post by jack_norton »

Lol I have ME2 but not DA2. ME2 is a great game, but just for the scene with
your assistant Kelly do a sort of lapdance in your room or admire Miranda's body form
is worth playing it :D
follow me on Image Image Image
computer games

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#122 Post by Aleema »

papillon wrote:I've never had any interest in Mass Effect and haven't played either game, but I have to admit there's some temptation in climbing in on this one. I mean... hard to argue with the price, no?
As someone who hates FPSes and had the same "I dunno ..." feeling about the Mass Effect series, I can honestly say that the game is fun even if you don't like FPSes. Because it's really not a FPS, it's still very much an RPG you just have to direct your blows/bullets. The inclusion of class skills is like this game's magic, and you can pause the battle any time to direct orders, just like Dragon Age, etc. There's a good overlap and one fan of one is likely to like the other. ME2 is very character driven, and I like the characters. There's also a lot of romancables for both genders. (at least 3 each gender!)

I would have to say, yeah, this bundle is pretty much worth it. I payed full price for ME2, and I thought that was worth it. And they've had plenty of time to patch and add DLC to ME2, so it's in better shape than before, too.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#123 Post by LVUER »

If people already have ME2, then they don't need another ME2 as the form of "apology", do they? They should have let the people choose between several games.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

GLACIER
Regular

#124 Post by GLACIER »

It's in part promotion for Mass Effect 3. Besides, publishing rights to most of their older games are held by different companies, which would complicate this kind of arrangement.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#125 Post by papillon »

Also, one of the best kinds of giveaways is one that you don't actually have to honor for everyone, as it makes you look very cool and generous while limiting your outlay/loss. :)

sayuri
Veteran
Projects: It's a secret~

#126 Post by sayuri »

It's been kinda quiet here, so I thought I'd upload my DA2 fanart.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#127 Post by Aleema »

Another Fanders, I see. <3

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#128 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

Aleema wrote:Another Fanders, I see. <3
LOL for the pun !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#129 Post by Riviera »

... I am so stealing that term. Thanks so much, Aleema. :o

Yep, totally another fanders over here as well. It could possibly my love of drama and angst. Or the fact that I tend to play chaotic good/chaotic neutral all the time.

Dangit, my d&d nerd is showing.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

sayuri
Veteran

#130 Post by sayuri »

Yes, I proudly swear my allegiance to Anders. I mean, it really says something whenever I prefer him to the broody, silver-haired character. Anyway, I thought this was a good opportunity to revive this thread.http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic ... ex/7813276

Dragon Age: Legacy. What do y'all think? Excited?

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#131 Post by papillon »

Sorry, I did my first playthrough with Anders and then ... :( ... Fenris annoyed me at first but after finishing a rivalmance with him (I'm a big sucker for the clinging before the final battle.) I am left a lot more satisfied.
Even though I had to kill him in my first playthrough. Fenris, that is. Second playthrough, I took out a bit of frustration by killing Anders.
After the huge disappointment of Witch Hunt I have no excitement for DLC ever. Unless it's harem DLC. Merrill/Isabela/Hawke or Fenris/Isabela/Hawke is perfectly reasonable!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#132 Post by papillon »

Aleema wrote:
papillon wrote:I've never had any interest in Mass Effect and haven't played either game, but I have to admit there's some temptation in climbing in on this one. I mean... hard to argue with the price, no?
As someone who hates FPSes and had the same "I dunno ..." feeling about the Mass Effect series, I can honestly say that the game is fun even if you don't like FPSes. Because it's really not a FPS, it's still very much an RPG you just have to direct your blows/bullets. The inclusion of class skills is like this game's magic, and you can pause the battle any time to direct orders, just like Dragon Age, etc. There's a good overlap and one fan of one is likely to like the other. ME2 is very character driven, and I like the characters. There's also a lot of romancables for both genders. (at least 3 each gender!)

I would have to say, yeah, this bundle is pretty much worth it. I payed full price for ME2, and I thought that was worth it. And they've had plenty of time to patch and add DLC to ME2, so it's in better shape than before, too.

(digging up old post)

Unfortunately, it turns out ME2 is completely unplayable for me even at casual difficulty. Unless there's a hack somewhere that lets you pause and aim. I can't process 3d well enough in real-time to shoot moving targets - in some cases I can't even FIND the moving target before it's blown me up. :(

sayuri
Veteran

#133 Post by sayuri »

I know what you mean completely. ME2 was my very first FPS. It's really not too bad once you get used to it. What I found helpful was using the Skill Wheel to scan for enemies while paused. That way you can get a feel for where the enemies are. And if you stay under cover, you can collect yourself and take your time when shooting. It's weird, when I played the demo, I was kinda turned off. I didn't buy it until later, and I've beaten it twice. I'd recommend giving it another try, myself. I still can't stand COD though, lol.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets

#134 Post by papillon »

I finally figured out how to turn on godmode, I think, which will help a bit... ;)

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#135 Post by Aleema »

Haha, yeah ... I can only play Fallout 3 with VATS (pause screen to queue attacks), so I know what you mean. I really don't like FPSes (perhaps mostly because I suck at them) but for some reason, Mass Effect is fine. o_O I think it's the ability to pause and the necessity to hide behind cover before shooting that makes it comfortable for me. And the powers are like spells so I use them a LOT. I dunno why it's acceptable to me even though its not technically up my alley. I wish I could say something more intelligent about why it works as an "action RPG" and not just an FPS.

As for finding target -- is it really that hard?? I mean, sometimes they're behind cover but the AI usually is shooting at you. And there's a radar in the pause screen (in ME1 it was always there, I believe).