Looking for Artist(s)/Programmer(s)

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
iikaitlynii

Looking for Artist(s)/Programmer(s)

#1 Post by iikaitlynii »

Hi there! So I'm kind of new to this whole thing, but I'm definitely willing to work/learn it! I don't have any money :oops: but you'll get credit for it! Of the two I'd definitely need an artist because, well to be quite honest I'll never be a good drawer as long as I live, as to where I'm decent with computers and can teach myself, or maybe even with a little help, the coding/programing stuff.

So if your at all interested, drop me a message!
iikaitlynii@gmail.com

**Oh and if there is anyone good at writing scripts/stories I would be ever so grateful if I could get a bit of help with it ^^
Last edited by iikaitlynii on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lotus
Veteran
Projects: Unnamed Slenderman VN, Secret 10560

Re: Looking for Artist(s)/Programmer(s)

#2 Post by Lotus »

Can you give us an idea of what your project is like? :)
Like maybe a brief description of the characters/story/etc.

iikaitlynii

#3 Post by iikaitlynii »

Well I was thinking to /possibly/ make one based off like a show or something. I was thinking between /maybe/ Supernatural/Vampire Diaries/ or Merlin. I'm not sure yet, mainly for the fact of I'm not sure whether I want to base it off of something or have a completely, my own, idea. I think I'm leaning towards the former rather than the latter. If I do that then I will probably pick either Supernatural or Merlin because I have an idea for both of them. They both would basically consist of the Protagonist (the player) having a dark secret and not wanting the other characters to find out because it could end up really bad if they do.

I think the thing, besides getting someone who can draw/the art, I most worry about is the different paths/different ending(s), because from what I tried to read of the manual the whole choices/menu/pythons thing was kind of confusing to me.

Lotus
Veteran

#4 Post by Lotus »

I've heard of those shows but I've never watched them because I have no TV 8D

If all you want is different endings and a little bit of customization I can help with the programming; I'm not a writer though so you'll have to do the writing.

iikaitlynii

#5 Post by iikaitlynii »

Aww that would really suck. =/ Although I don't watch a whole lot of t.v, except certain shows, I couldn't imagine going without t.v.

Really? That'd be cool! I can do the writing! It might take me a bit of time though since I only have the plot/idea in mind.

Lotus
Veteran

#6 Post by Lotus »

I've managed without for about 2-3 years now. You never realize just how much time you spend watching TV till you go without o3o It's actually not all that bad, if I really want to watch shows I can usually find them online or get them through Netflix.

That's ok, just send me a p.m. when you get at least a rough draft. :)

iikaitlynii

#7 Post by iikaitlynii »

That's true. That's actually how I have to watch some of my shows, through the Internet. Like the ones that are on channels that cost =/

Okay will do! =D

platonicheart
Veteran
Projects: Learning to Love

#8 Post by platonicheart »

It would greatly help for interested artists for you to post some character descriptions. Like how many characters you want to have and what definite characteristics each one has so that they won't find it difficult to please you with their art. For example, a character should have shoulder-length hair, curly, boyish...etc...

Anyways, if you're character isn't that complicated, I would love to help you with the art. :D

Currently working on Learning to Love

proofreading: the beach and yuki academy

My DeviantArt: http://platonicheart.deviantart.com/

iikaitlynii

#9 Post by iikaitlynii »

Well I want them to look anime-ish or cartoon-ish. As far as how many characters there will be... I don't have an exact amount but I figure around 7, maybe a couple more than that.

Instead of defining them, is a picture reference alright? Like real-life picture(s) that I want drawn to look anime/cartoon-ish?

platonicheart
Veteran
Projects: Learning to Love

#10 Post by platonicheart »

Hmmm... May I take a look at it??

Currently working on Learning to Love

proofreading: the beach and yuki academy

My DeviantArt: http://platonicheart.deviantart.com/

iikaitlynii

#11 Post by iikaitlynii »