Crime Investigation

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: Crime Investigation

#16 Post by LVUER »

Wait, doesn't if you kill ANYONE, you'll go to jail anyway? ^_^
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#17 Post by azureXtwilight »

I think taleweaver-san doesn't mean it literally? :D

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#18 Post by Taleweaver »

azureXtwilight wrote:I think taleweaver-san doesn't mean it literally? :D
That's what YOU think :) and don't call me sane.
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#19 Post by azureXtwilight »

Taleweaver wrote:
azureXtwilight wrote:I think taleweaver-san doesn't mean it literally? :D
That's what YOU think :) and don't call me sane.
Then I woon't~ :D

platonicheart
Veteran
Projects: Learning to Love

#20 Post by platonicheart »

O.o Hmm... I think you should chill Wright1000, it seems that you can't take constructive criticisms. Well, just think others comment to your work as something that can come and go, since its their own point of view and since you mentioned that you work for the newspaper ( I also work as an editor and journalist) you should know that everyone has "freedom of speech". So, just trust yourself and your work and don't let others give you headaches and infuriate you okay.
:)

Currently working on Learning to Love

proofreading: the beach and yuki academy

My DeviantArt: http://platonicheart.deviantart.com/

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#21 Post by pondrthis »

There's only one thing I can add to this: all the technical writing courses I've fumbled through (read: aced) and publications I've written during my time as an engineer amounted to diddly-squat when I sat down and tried to write a game script. Tragic, really. My time spent editing fan translations was more useful than technical writing knowledge.

(But repeating information in two consecutive sentences is a no-no even in technical writing... I can only assume that was an isolated case. It's a good reminder to all of us to stay vigilant.)

EDIT: To reiterate one of Wright's requests using one of the best flash videos of the 2000s, please, leave him alone.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#22 Post by fleet »

Reference pondris' edit: I agree.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#23 Post by pondrthis »

fleet wrote:Reference pondris' edit: I agree.
Then you should have posted a link to Chris Crocker's famous video!

(While I do think we should leave alone someone who wants to be left alone, it is a little silly to backlash so strongly against what was intended as constructive criticism.)

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#24 Post by fleet »

Noted.
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#25 Post by sake-bento »

Wright, do you want people to leave comments on your game? When people leave comments, they're going to talk about what they like AND what they don't like. That's how it works. They're not trying to be mean. That's how comments work for everyone here. People leave comments on my games too, saying what they don't like about it. Auro and Taleweaver were writing their thoughts because they want to see you do well. They weren't trying to be mean, and saying that you're not going to thank them for playing your game is rude. If you don't want people to write how they feel, just say "No critiques, please," in the very beginning of the thread so this won't happen again.

For those in the thread who didn't post comments on the actual game, we're starting to tread into cyber bullying territory right now, and that really needs to not happen.

number473
Regular
Projects: The Duke's Daughter

#26 Post by number473 »

sake-bento wrote:Auro and Taleweaver were writing their thoughts because they want to see you do well. They weren't trying to be mean...
In my opinion, when I read those comments, they sounded mean to me. To me, they appear to have the intention of showing how wrong the game is, rather than helping the creator to improve. Regardless of the intention with which they were written, this is how they come across.
I don't condone Wright1000's response, but I wouldn't say it's not understandable given the nature of the attacks on his work.
(Disclaimer: I didn't play the game myself, I'm merely commenting on the nature of the critique.)
Mental weather report: Cloudy with a possibility of brain storms.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#27 Post by sake-bento »

For the record, I'm not picking sides here or saying one person is to blame or another. We've spent ages debating the nature and tone of critiques, and it's never lead anywhere. To some people, it's not mean. To some, it is. You learn who feels which way through experience.

There's no person in the right or in the wrong here, just a group of people heading down a very dangerous road, one small step at a time, and the more people who get involved, the worse it's going to be.

waterpieces
Projects: Robin - Escape!

#28 Post by waterpieces »

I will play this when I get home :P

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#29 Post by LVUER »

For those who new around here, there was debate about this critique thing too, several times in fact. I forget the link (you could search it if you want), but to make things short, the spirit of Lemma is giving critique by default to any games/arts/music (or whatever) submitted here, so that we all could grow up and improve. So unless you're clearly stating "no critique, please", people will critique your VN.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

flowerthief
Regular

#30 Post by flowerthief »

Maybe I'm being idealistic but I would have thought that the "Works in progress feedback" forum would be the proper place to give and receive criticism. Once you've completed a game and posted it in a completed games forum, you want to hear mostly positive things at that point. That's the time that's supposed to be the payoff for all your work (not that one should expect much of a payoff for a thing produced in only 5 days) At least that's what I expect in other freelance game-authoring communities. I guess the Lemma community might be more critical than I'm used to. Personally I wouldn't give criticism that hardcore unless it was explicitly being asked for.
Customizable datesim in beta! Need testers!
Idolcraft - RPG-style bishoujo simulation