(My) dark little secret. otome (WIP)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

(My) dark little secret. otome (WIP)

#1 Post by SilverxBlue »

Hi there, so I'm working on a new game right now just to keep me busy while Caught in Between is being put on hold. (See my last post over there to see why I placed it on hold.)

It's a mystery, otome game with a little hint of supernatural in it.

Logo credit to Auro-Cyanide

You play as a girl named Alexandra "Alex" Forbes, a simple and ordinary girl with a twin brother whose name is Alexander "Zander" Forbes. Both of them grew up with a mom who was a former piano prodigy, so both of them grew up as great piano players. Alex's twin brother became the keyboardist of a famous band (Still thinking of a band name) while Alex ended up studying in college. And then misfortune came to the twins because Zander ended up dead in his sleep, the band's manager, Gregory Parker, was the first one to discover Zander's death, he asked his uncle to give Zander a very private and unknown funeral and he decided to keep it as a secret to avoid controversies and mishaps, he told the other band members that Zander went on a sudden vacation to visit his twin's funeral.

Gregory thought that "Alex" Forbes was a boy and he decides to visit their house, tell them about Zander's sudden death, and ask "Alex" to replace Zander as the band's keyboardist. He then visited the Forbes family and he was surprised to see that "Alex" was actually a twin sister, not a twin brother. However, he still decided to ask her to dress up as a boy and replace her brother. At first Alex didn't want to agree and refused. The manager leaves dismayed, but he still told her that he'll be back, and see if Alex will change her mind. Alex told him that she will not, but a certain dream did.

Zander visited Alex in her sleep and told her; "I did not die out of purely natural causes, sis. I died because I was murdered." Zander told Alex that he didn't know who did it because he just woke up and drank some water and then after a few minutes he started to have difficulty breathing and the next thing he knew, he had stopped. (I'm planning to have a morbid death. So... :twisted:) Alex woke up minutes later, even if it was all a dream, she believed what her brother told her, and decided to accept Gregory's offer in order to find out who murdered him.

She suspected four people the other band members and Gregory. All of them are obtainable and as she tries to pursue them she'll discover a very big secret and one of them is actually the murderer, the one who holds the secret of death.

Will Alex be able to find out who the murderer is, will she be able to find out the one who holds the worst secret of all while finding love in the way? Or will she fall in love to her brother's killer without even knowing it?
It's all in your hands. :)

Character Bio! and images are now put up, thanks to machinist! God, she works real fast that I'm shocked!

Alexandra "Alex" Forbes
Image <---> Image

Hi my name is Alex Forbes, a lot of people think I'm dead, but in reality its Zander that's dead not me, I was only asked to dress up as a guy and cover for him. I know you're asking me why I did such a crazy thing, Well, here is the reason; I don't know how or why, but Zander visited me in my sleep and told me that someone murdered him, and for some really insane, unexplainable reason I believed him! And now here I am trying to find out who murdered him.
Oh and if you're wondering how I'm pulling it off, Acting like my brother is the easiest thing to do, the wig is very itchy though. (I decided to wear a wig, even if Greg strongly disapproves it, because there is no way in hell that I'm going to cut my long hair, it took me a lot of years to be this long and beautiful so I'm sticking with wigs.)
Anyway, here are the suspects.

The band's guitarist and Rey's girlfriend.
She's overly friendly with me, causing me to fear Rey even more, he told me that ever since I came back from my "twin sister's funeral" she started being like that.
Maybe she knows I'm actually a girl? Nah I don't think so, I'm really good, and Greg always helps me with covering-up.
Let's go talk to her.

Jen: Where is Rey?

Alex: Somewhere over there.

Jen: Oh well, bye!

Alex: Where are you going?

Jen: Shopping! Don't tell him that though, kay?

Alex: O-okay? But why not go with him?

Jen: Nah! He'll only pester me to go home already, and his fangirls will swarm around us again, so it's better not to bring him.

Alex: Okay??? Bye then.

The band members seem to like calling him Greg, so lets stick to calling him that.
The only thing I find suspicious about him is, that he was the first to discover Zander's body and I wonder why did he keep it a secret? Besides the reason "to avoid controversy". And most of all why did he tell mom and dad that Zander died in his sleep when he told me that... (Insert morbid death scene here...)
Anyway if you want me to describe him, Greg is the most annoying man on earth! Other people think he is oh so serious but in reality, he is not, he likes teasing me with such embarrassing things! Anyway, here you guys talk to him and see if he makes any sense.

Greg: My name is Greg and I am the band's manager. Why do we keep on saying "the band" and not call it by its name, you ask? Well, ask the writer of this game why she hasn't think of a proper band name yet.

Alex: What the hell are you talking about? See guys, he doesn't make any sense at all.

Greg: Shut up, Miss flat-chest.

Alex: HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU? I AM NOT FLAT CHESTED! I HAVE A B-CUP! A B, I TELL YOU!

Greg: Meh, you look flat-chested to me.

Alex: I look flat-chested, because I'm trying to dress up as a guy for your band's goddamn sake.

Greg: Let me touch it then, for proof that... *Got hit in the head by Alex.*

Alex: Lets just move to the next guy.

He is the lead singer and the band's bassist.
He looks and acts happy all the time, it's that thing about him that makes me suspicious.
Anyway, he is a real nice guy he likes to smile for no apparent reason and he loves to cook for us, (But for some reason, the guys hate his cooking) He likes to ask a lot of questions too. Here, talk to him.

Louie: (Smiles)Hi! Eh? Why is Greg over there unconscious?

Alex: *Covers her breasts by crossing arms* Nothing! He just insulted my twin-sister, so I decided to hit him.

Louie: Why would he insult your already-dead sister?

Alex: I don't really know.

Louie: Oh well, that's alright at least you were able to punch him.

Alex: Er yeah... well I should go now.

Louie: Okay, bye!

Moving on...

The drummer, he has a lot of fangirls but he already has a girlfriend, our band's guitarist.
He really is hot-headed and he scares me a bit, I don't know how Jennica manages to endure him.
I don't think we should talk to him but... oh well.. lets just make it quick.

Rey: What do you want?

Alex: Ah! Uhm... nothing! *Runs away.*

Rey: (Murmurs to himself.) I swear to God, that guy is gay.

Well that's all of them I guess.
???: HEY! How could you freaking forget me! Just because I'm not that important... TT_TT
Oh yeah, sorry about that. Go ahead, the spotlight is yours.

Hi! It's me Zander and yes I'm dead and No I don't think I'm a ghost, I'm better known as Alex's inner voice and she'll usually see me in her dreams! Pretty cool huh? Anyway, we look a lot a like so she doesn't have any problem living her life as me!
I miss being alive though, but.. Oh well at least Sis, is trying to give me justice by finding out who killed me, I don't really know who he/she is even if I am already some sort of ghost, but I have a strong feeling that it's one of the band members so I guess that's it I wish you good luck, bye now!

Anyway, you wanna see my profile? Here it is!

(Jen and Rey has a relationship but you can totally rip them apart! :twisted: )
Writer/Programmer: Me
Sprite: machinist
CG artist: stellacisem, (I'm still looking for one or two more, I don't want the CG artists to go through hell because of me. ^^;)
Musician: Konaa, senhiro
GUI(Yes, I have given up on it) - OdysseyStudio

Currently looking for;
CG artist (Machinist won't be able to work, so please anyone, help!) - One that is pretty active (At least here in the forums so that I'd be able to contact them easily) But no worries, I'm not the I'm-going-to-pressure-you-until-you-submit-one-CG type.
BG artist - (Optional) Since I found most of what I needed, I'll stick to them. Not unless, the perfectionist in me springs up and hates the BG.

Oh yeah and on a side note, please help me with the band name! I'm stuck with "The anonymous four" but it sounds very suckish!
Feedback is much appreciated!

Forgot to add the progress.
Story-80%
Script-30%
Sprite-90%
BG-70% (All of the BGs I have are only from the net.)
CG-5%
BGM-75%
Last edited by SilverxBlue on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:11 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Alera
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Tortichki // Zayay // Hero's Spirit
Deviantart: psyalera
itch: psyalera

Re: (My) dark little secret. otome (WIP)

#2 Post by Alera »

Wow- this sounds cool!!! Mystery~ <3 Sort of gender-bender, music, piano- all interesting!

I will be really looking forward to this.
Games:
❤️ Zayay [Otome?][BxPlayer][NaNo 2013]
❤️ Tortichki [Drag&Drop mini game]

Other games I've worked on:
My Heart's Flame Emissary of Starlight Freedom From Silence Sickness
And many more unannounced/secret projects. (. .)

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#3 Post by SilverxBlue »

Alera wrote:Wow- this sounds cool!!! Mystery~ <3 Sort of gender-bender, music, piano- all interesting!

I will be really looking forward to this.
Aw~ Thank you very much! :)
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Nimuell
Regular
Projects: Cold Hands, Beautiful Boring People

#4 Post by Nimuell »

Whoa *__* This really sounds so interesting! And mystery!
I kind of already got into this story, while I was reading description))
Rey: (Murmurs to himself.) I swear to God, that guy is gay.
This just made my day :'D

Heh, I also like that Alex has more personality to her, she seems quite tough girl and that's great ^^
Also pretty art!

Well, about BG I may be a bit of help, well... if needed. I can do some photomanipulations, and well... with some artistic touch to it. I don't know if this style will be suiting your character art, though.
Well, anyway it will look like this: Image From photo like this: Image

I can do it for you, if you want, or I could just do some sort of short tutorial.
^^; Oh well
Anyway :D I'll be looking forward to your VN.
Last edited by Nimuell on Fri May 06, 2011 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.nimuell.deviantart.com/

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#5 Post by Silvere »

SilverxBlue wrote:(Yes, I added GxG)
Okay, you got me interested! :D
SilverxBlue wrote:(Jen and Rey has a relationship but you can totally rip them apart! :twisted: )
Hurry up and release this game! :mrgreen:

Uhm, well - Sounds interesting *ahem*. Definitely on the "What I´m waiting for"-list. And nobody knows why it´s up there! Hoho.. Ho... .... .. Oh god, I´m so easily manipulated :<

Altough Gender Bender would be enough for me to wait a long time :D

Celestie
Veteran

#6 Post by Celestie »

I already like Alex. I like strong-willed lead-females (not to mention a pettanko and a genderbender, with a cute, albeit dead twin).

Ohh, the eligible girl is so pretty *A*

Actually, the entire art style is very nice. The synopsis is interesting, the interactions between the characters were nicely introduced here and I love them...hmmm, definitely something I'm looking forward *A*
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by SilverxBlue »

@Nimu-chan - Thank you very much! And glad to know that you found Rey funny. :)
Can you manipulate the photo to look a bit "animeish/cartoonish"?

@Silvere - Oh I see that Jen gets a fan now. :lol: Thanks anyway. :)

@Celestie- Thank you very much. :'D

And glad you guys like Alex's personality, I thought you guys will hate her tomboyish personality, And anyway, I just hate those girls that have no personality at all, so I don't bother writing about them. :)
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

machinist
Regular

#8 Post by machinist »

lol funny character introduction i like it xD

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#9 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Silverxblue wrote:Jen and Rey has a relationship but you can totally rip them apart. :twisted:
Lol. Gosh, I wanna play this game now! xD
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by SilverxBlue »

@ machinist - Thanks! :)
@ OtomeWeekend - Wow, I never thought that a lot of people would like the idea of ripping couples apart. :lol:

So, I guess I won't change the fact that Jennica and Reynard are dating. I was planning to, but never mind! :D
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#11 Post by OtomeWeekend »

SilverxBlue wrote:@ machinist - Thanks! :)
@ OtomeWeekend - Wow, I never thought that a lot of people would like the idea of ripping couples apart. :lol:

So, I guess I won't change the fact that Jennica and Reynard are dating. I was planning to, but never mind! :D
:twisted: It was fun to do in games(but never in real life)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Celestie
Veteran

#12 Post by Celestie »

SilverxBlue wrote: And glad you guys like Alex's personality, I thought you guys will hate her tomboyish personality, And anyway, I just hate those girls that have no personality at all, so I don't bother writing about them. :)
*glomps* I found a soulmate!!! Down with those flat female characters. Sure, tehy are supposed to be that way so people can either relate to them (since many think they themselves are flat and uninteresting - well, I think that about myself as well but I don't exactly see myself as that main character, at least usually) or project their own personality on the character.

It doesn't help. I'd rather have an interesting main character. ESPECIALLY a tomboy, and Alex also has shades of a tsundere, a little bit. *A*
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Nimuell
Regular
Projects: Cold Hands, Beautiful Boring People

#13 Post by Nimuell »

SilverxBlue wrote: Can you manipulate the photo to look a bit "animeish/cartoonish"?
Yeah, as I thought cartoonish style would go better with your character sprites. I'll try experimenting a bit on this today, I don't know if I succeed, though.
But anyway, I have some places in mind, where I could take photos of live concert and studio, I think.
SilverxBlue wrote: And glad you guys like Alex's personality, I thought you guys will hate her tomboyish personality, And anyway, I just hate those girls that have no personality at all, so I don't bother writing about them. :)
No way I would ever hate tomboyish girls))) They are just made of win! I think that's the thing most otome games lack - strong protagonist girl with interesting personality.

And I agree on this with @Celestie completely.
True happiness comes from the joy of deeds well done, the zest of creating things new. (c) Antoine de Saint-Exupery
http://www.nimuell.deviantart.com/

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran

#14 Post by SilverxBlue »

@ Celestie - :lol: I totally agree with you and Nimu-chan. Woah I never realized that I turned her into a tsundere, I was planning to make Reynard the tsundere not her.

@Nimu-chan - Thank you very much! :) And, yup most otome games lack it and most of them (especially the hentai ones) has this wide-eyed MC who is almost always clueless and helpless.

But remember though, Alex can be such a girly-girl sometimes. (e.g: refusing to cut her long hair and the flat-chest issue annoys her.) :)
Image Image
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#15 Post by Aleema »

Bands are my thing. You know what this means. I have to kill you now. :evil: