I figure let's start a new trend.

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.

Do you think LemmaSoft forums would be a bit more lively with a post-time dating simulation thread?

Yes, I do think it would be more interesting to have a dating-simulation thread.
55%
Yes, but we must be wary of abusive players who may try to act like they can have any player they want.
No votes
It may be good, but only if Lemma allows it.
45%
No, it wouldn't help in any way, even if Lemma permitted it.
No votes
No.
No votes
No and never. I will petition Jerails' ban if he ever suggests one of these again.
No votes

Total votes: 11

Jerails
Veteran

I figure let's start a new trend.

#1 Post by Jerails »

CONGRADULATIONS DARLOTH!! You're our 100th member to this forum! Celebrate and be happy! As a prize, you can join the waiting list for the all new Tales of Lemma 2 strategy dating simulation that is in development thanks to LemmaSoft!!

(Note: Has anyone caught onto to this trend. Yes, I am getting bored, now that I have more free time on my hands I can actually do art, but since I lack the needed tools for distributing my art through the net, I'm afraid I can't exactly show my art. So I figure let's liven the mood and congradulate our newest member!)
It's been a while, folks!

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#2 Post by Sai »

Yeah, welcome to the forums.

But, I'm curious about the poll... What's that about...? It's probably just because I've only just woken up (yeah bad excuse) but I'm not sure what you mean by "post-time dating simulation thread" O_o

Erik
Regular

#3 Post by Erik »

Me neither - do you mean, a thread to post in after having played it? Or about old dating sims? Or sims that play in a past time? :P

Mari-chan
Tokimemo Goddess

#4 Post by Mari-chan »

Dating-sim board? Don't we already have one of those? Aren't I supposed to be moderating it? (Although since nobody has posted in it since April, that makes my job a whole lot easier...)

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#5 Post by Zintar »

100th Member!!! Welcome to the Lemma Fan Club Darloth!!!

Lemmasoft has passed another milestone. 8)
Feb 26, 2004 - Trinity Riot *hands Zintar the 101 Posts Award*
Feb 25, 2004 - Blue Lemma *awards the 2nd-2nd-Place Shoujo Attack Prize to Zintar*
Nov 06, 2003 - Blue Lemma *hands Zintar the Pointless Post Award*

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#6 Post by Blue Lemma »

I have no idea what's going on here :lol: "post-time dating sim thread"?

You wouldn't believe how much is going on behind the scenes right now with Lemma Soft... I'm working on stuff from the time I get home from work to the time I go to bed most days! Right now there's a lot of organizing people and projects, but I'm also still doing the ToL 2! I'm so sorry for the delay! I feel like I'm letting you guys down. :cry: But I think it'll be worth it when all the games come out! :) There won't be a dull moment once the floodgates open!

-------------------------------------------------------

*psst!*
For those who are reading this, let's have a little contest to pass the time! How about a ToL 1 fanfic contest? There will be actual tangible prizes! (I promise I'll get that avatar to you, Zintar! I've resumed drawing again! ^_^ ) Write something involving Miko, Alice, or the mushrooms - long or short, romantic or funny or whatever, and send it to me! :) bluelemma@lemmasoft.net
Let's have a judged winner and a random drawing winner 8)

Judged winner (decided by a neutral party, not me ^_^) will win:
A Masamune Shirow Intron Depot character mini-figurine

Random drawing winner will win:
A pack of Japanese Card Captor Sakura trading cards

(All prizes are new and still in original packing ;) )
So let's have some fun! Show Miko how much you love her! :wink:

Miko: :oops: :D

--------------------------------

batpig
Bishie Hunter

#7 Post by batpig »

dating simulation thread? ^^; what is it going to be like?

Jerails
Veteran

#8 Post by Jerails »

Alrighty then. I've only got 30 minutes then I have to start working on my papers, but I'll try to explain my little "idea" as best as I bloody can.

Okay...*Deep breath*...Haaaa...*Breath through nose*...Ooohhhmm...Okay.

My catchy little title "Post-time dating simulation" is just a fancy way of saying an RP thread where we all date each other for no other reason other than to get a happy ending...As you can see, it's ridiculously simple when explained, but it's going to end up becoming so stupidly complex some people may actually begin to lose interest.

I'm currently planning out my angles of attack for this idea of mine, but right now, I can tell you this : I seriously do NOT want to include stats into this dating-simulation thread. Considering how many different kinds of stats can be created, plus the fact that someone will actually have to keep track of everyone's stats, will not sit well for this idea. Because let's face it : Stats apply best when the person you're showing off to has to follow a strict line of coding lest he/she/it become subjected to a critical error.

I'm thinking more of a characterization kind of dating-simulation. Someone monitors everyone's progress in this petri dish of a thread, and there are no stats. Everyone simply lives where they want to live (City, Town, Ghetto, Mom's Attic, Forest, where-evah) and works how they want to work. Occasional meet ups between the players start developing relationships that grow as this thread continues on. Some people may end up sitting at a park bench for more than a week waiting for their date to show up, while others fly straight to the bedroom in a matter of four or five posts. It all depends on the character you want to portray yourself as, or you can just be the person you've always wanted to be, or be yourself if all else fails. If you don't like the way your character is turning out, you can cue some dramatic sequence of events that ultimately lead to your character's death or banishment from the place and start anew as a new persona. Of course, you have to remember consequences, you just died or was deported. Did you have a friend you left behind? Will they be affected by it? Of course they bloody will! This is the reasoning behind characterization: It requires so much bloody effort to bring yourself to life that you may become board to death with it and just bring about your own suicide to get away!

Of course, we only have about...10 or so people who regularly visit and/or post on the threads, so this is going to be a pretty small thing. Kind of like "Tales of Lemma 1" except we're all not going on a visit to the Auburn Forest (Unless this is some kind of date you and your partner have planned). Of course, it's all about camaraderie, so someone's gotta step up and turn this little land of 10 into a great big family! Hold contests just for the heck of it. Have a great ball in the town square, throw tomatoes at your friends in a no-holds-barred tomato-toss, or stare at the moon for two or three posts while holding your sweetheart's hand. Or you could just stalk your best friend until they give in and go homosexual just for you!

Well, I'm at the 15 minute mark, so I'm gonna take a breather. I guess from what I've put up you've got a small idea of how this works. Post-time is just my fancy way of saying "Time elapses as people post." Of course, this means I have to think up some ingenious plan on exactly how far time should fly per post.. Considering we're working with a small community, this shouldn't be a devastating problem. You already know what a dating-simulation is. If not, go to http://www.lemmasoft.com and click on and download Tales of Lemma 1. Play it for about 45 minutes and ask yourself, "What did I just do?" Then give me your answer when you're done.

*Deep breath...Choke, gag, hack, cough* Erhem...Well, that about does it for my little explanation. Now then, any more questions you need answered?

Sai
Winged Hybrid

#9 Post by Sai »

Thanks, that makes things clearer. I had a small idea that it might be a roleplay thing. Umm well... sorry to make the member count for it smaller but I've never been big with forum roleplaying and... well I'll just leave it at that for reasons, save myself sounding silly.
But I wish everyone else the best o.o And it certainly sounds like something that would get people posting if they chose to get involved.

Erik
Regular

#10 Post by Erik »

I haven't ever role-played on a forum so I guess this would be a nice opportunity to try it out. But about certain random things, like 'person A meets person B in supermarket C', will there be a kind of event/leader thing person who will insert happenings that are not for any persons in the story to decide? Or will the persons in the story decide things like that anyway?

Jerails
Veteran

#11 Post by Jerails »

That's why I said it was gonna get so ridiculously complex! There are too many possibilites for these sort of events, and that's what's racking my funcitoning brain cells! I'm trying to think about what to do for this idea of mine... I remember another forum I visited featured a battle arena that gave out money to purchase weapons every time you posted, but that's gonna lead to spamming. I'm sort of having a hell of a time thinking over here, but since I lack skills in coding and such (I'm the more artsy dood with above average learning capabilities, but I'm lazy...) I won't be able to do anything more than suggest this stuff and offer ideas and plans...

Now then, let a brotha think for a moment here. Show em mah motto.

\/ \/ \/ \/

Ecchi Tiff
Regular

#12 Post by Ecchi Tiff »

Fortunately, I think this forum is small enough that spamming to gain experience/gold/whatever would be noticed quite quickly :D
Kyra: "You can kiss my acetabulum!"
Lord Pathos: "Hmm, tempting offer, coming from a cute girl like you."
Kyra: "Ug, I think I'm gonna be sick. Tom, let's get this quy, quick!"

Zintar
Miko-Snatcher

#13 Post by Zintar »

Well, wat can I say - I had a similar idea. 8)

Though it was too big an idea for me to handle now
with my limited skills. :cry:
It had me brainstorming and was getting bigger and more
complicated. :x
And a bit creepy. :twisted:
Well, its on hold for now. :?

Anyway, good luck with urs - Jerails. :wink:
Feb 26, 2004 - Trinity Riot *hands Zintar the 101 Posts Award*
Feb 25, 2004 - Blue Lemma *awards the 2nd-2nd-Place Shoujo Attack Prize to Zintar*
Nov 06, 2003 - Blue Lemma *hands Zintar the Pointless Post Award*

Jerails
Veteran

#14 Post by Jerails »

Nay, I have a far greater idea. Let us work...TOGETHER! *That song with the lyrics, "Together forever, no matter how long. Now until the end of time," starts going in the background*

But seriously, this is a pretty large scale plan even for such a small community?

BlackSpider
Regular

#15 Post by BlackSpider »

Interesting indeed. I don't think I'll be able to join though. Such rpg threads require a lot of time and a good knowledge of English :oops: Anyway here's another idea I was thinking about last year. Well, it's simple enough. Someone invents the setting and characters for a story (it could be a dating sim or a visual novel) and then starts the first few lines of the script. Later when someone else visits the board he/she could add some more lines to the script. This would continue for let's say a few months until someone decides to implement that script in a game... IMO people are too lazy to write long and complicated scripts but I'm sure anyone could write a few lines of text once in a while.