Konami and the Tokimeki Memorial Series for boys and girls

Discuss visual novels and story-based games that didn't originate on this forum.
gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

Re: Konami and the Tokimeki Memorial Series for boys and gir

#16 Post by gekiganwing »

An incomplete, rough TMGS2 DS translation patch has been released for the public at http://gokusaishiki.wordpress.com/2011/ ... s-patch-v1

(This news didn't seem 100% relevant to the TMGS1 translation thread, so I placed it here...)
"Welcome to WhiteSnow, a town filled with snow. Enjoy the world of snow."
-Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#17 Post by Aleema »

I was playing it last night. :D A LOT of stuff is translated, including the date choices. <3 Skinship and only a few cutscenes (double date) weren't translated. Recommended.

Phoenixgoddess27

#18 Post by Phoenixgoddess27 »

gekiganwing wrote:An incomplete, rough TMGS2 DS translation patch has been released for the public at http://gokusaishiki.wordpress.com/2011/ ... s-patch-v1

(This news didn't seem 100% relevant to the TMGS1 translation thread, so I placed it here...)
I'm not so sure what's "rough" about it. We beta tested seven times, checked everything file by file out of 2,912 and took two months of testing to make sure everyone got a high quality patch with as less errors as possible. Yes, it's incomplete. So the hell what? No first patch is complete. Do you know how long it would take to do a complete first patch? Be happy we're only doing two. We could have done it folder by folder, which would have resulted in 25 translation patches. We lost a great amount of sleep, put our testers through hell, worsened my insomnia, spent our holidays and birthdays working on this and you have the balls to call it "rough"? The least you can do is test the damn thing out before you call it rough. So far, only two errors have been reported. Two! Please, by all means, tell me how that's rough. 23 out of 25 folders, including the majority of the graphics are in the first patch. We did all of this within five and a half months, try being a little more grateful, perhaps? Be happy with what you got. We did it for everyone and not forcing it on you. So you don't have to play it.

Calling it an "incomplete, rough" translation patch is almost like calling it half-assed.

Aleema: I'm very happy you enjoyed the patch.

Inori

#19 Post by Inori »

gekiganwing wrote:An incomplete, rough TMGS2 DS translation patch has been released for the public at http://gokusaishiki.wordpress.com/2011/ ... s-patch-v1

And what exactly is "rough" about this translation?

Certos

#20 Post by Certos »

All I can say is. I. LOVE. YOU. GUYS.
Thank you for working so hard to complete this for us. It's like my dream was fulfilled overnight! 8D I almost fainted when I saw the new post in your blog, saying that the first patch was released.

Oh, happy days.

Phoenixgoddess27

#21 Post by Phoenixgoddess27 »

Certos wrote:All I can say is. I. LOVE. YOU. GUYS.
Thank you for working so hard to complete this for us. It's like my dream was fulfilled overnight! 8D I almost fainted when I saw the new post in your blog, saying that the first patch was released.

Oh, happy days.
Thank you for your support, Certos ^_^
We wouldn't have done it if you guys didn't want it :)

Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

#22 Post by Pyonkotchi »

Ahhhh
I really dont think they meant to insult you in anyway when genkiganwing said it was rough. Just that it wasn't a fully completed patch.
sometimes rhe words just come out wrong. nAn;;

Phoenixgoddess27

#23 Post by Phoenixgoddess27 »

Pyonkotchi wrote:Ahhhh
I really dont think they meant to insult you in anyway when genkiganwing said it was rough. Just that it wasn't a fully completed patch.
sometimes rhe words just come out wrong. nAn;;
A poor choice in words, indeed. But I don't think something someone spending a large amount of time on should ever be called, "rough".

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

An apology, and a fan project

#24 Post by gekiganwing »

I did not intend to insult the TMGS2 fan translation. The first public patch was something that I had been looking forward to over the last few months. I simply meant to imply that it might have bugs, typos, etc. That said, I apologize if my phrasing seemed rude.

If anyone's interested, I found a fangame project called "TMGS4Ever." It has a message board at http://tmgs4everfans.topic-board.net . There have been only a few recent updates.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Riviera »

Phoenixgoddess27 wrote:
Certos wrote:All I can say is. I. LOVE. YOU. GUYS.

Oh, happy days.
Thank you for your support, Certos ^_^
We wouldn't have done it if you guys didn't want it :)
Nice to see you here! I mentioned it on the patch's thread, but I'll say it here too: I can't say how much I appreciate what you guys did for all us TMGS fans. Now I can play the first AND the second game in english, plus I can recommend it to friends of mine who would not give it a second glance in japanese. Spread the otome love!~
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#26 Post by Aleema »

My sister, who isn't a gamer at all, ate up the first TKMGS translation like candy. She knew the entire game backwards and forwards, got the Principal's ending -- everything. You can imagine her excitement when I said the 2nd translation came out. "NEW BOYS?" Yes, sis. And they're cuter. Much cuter.

Played through Shiba and Wakaouji's routes with the patch, and it's ten times better than when I played it in Japanese. I played through half of Hikami's route in Japanese, but now that I know all the complex things he's saying, he's my next playthrough!! I predict BLUSHING~

@Phoenixgoddess27: I know why you were upset, but I do think you overreacted a little bit. I don't think "rough" was meant to be a critique of the project at all, just a warning that it's not official and not complete (which it's not). You've echoed these sentiments from what I've seen, in how it's just the "first patch" and such. I know you're proud of your work ... but two wrongs don't make a right. :) NOW FINISH THE 2ND PATCH B4 MY SIS COMES HOME 2 PLAY EEET. </joke>

gekiganwing
Lemma-Class Veteran

#27 Post by gekiganwing »

TMGS2 DS translation is now done. More info here: http://gokusaishiki.wordpress.com/2011/ ... inal-patch

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran

#28 Post by Aleema »

Izzz done!? My sis will be super happy! She's been playing with the endings untranslated and everything. Poor girl. xD

Celestie
Veteran

#29 Post by Celestie »

I never find too many males handsome enough in the games, to be honest. I tried playing GS1 and the stat-raising and bombs and such frustrated me to hell and back D:

I never got around to finish playing GS1 properly, though, I really should....and play GS2, as well. Hm, we'll see.

So I am one of those few (or maybe the only one?) who isn't that much of a fan of TMGS, but stioll wants to play them xD Talk about hardcore otome game fan....(it's more like a desperate otome gamer who can't read Japanese yet).
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#30 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Celestie wrote:I never find too many males handsome enough in the games, to be honest. I tried playing GS1 and the stat-raising and bombs and such frustrated me to hell and back D:

I never got around to finish playing GS1 properly, though, I really should....and play GS2, as well. Hm, we'll see.

So I am one of those few (or maybe the only one?) who isn't that much of a fan of TMGS, but stioll wants to play them xD Talk about hardcore otome game fan....(it's more like a desperate otome gamer who can't read Japanese yet).
EHHH!!?? Are you seriously saying this????!! *gives you a shield* prepare to all TMGS fans in the whole wide world! XDD

While the GS1 is quite frustrating(yeah thanks to all the bombs), i still love it. Tmgs 2 doesn't have much bomb like the first and the 3rd almost has no bombs at all! XDD Well, bombs and stat-raising is the Tokimeki Memorial legacies' sort of trademark and as for me, i do love bombs, since i can see the guys killing themselves out of love for you XDD

btw, if you can read japanese or understand it, many as well as me, recommends you play the untranslated ver. since in the translated, there are some events that were funny but not if translated :) besides, the translation endorse piracy. If you want another tmgs game to be released, let's support konami :)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.