Let's talk about pets ^^

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
platonicheart
Veteran
Projects: Learning to Love

Let's talk about pets ^^

#1 Post by platonicheart »

I really love cats. You know, the type who picks up a stray cat, gives it a bath, proper grooming, and feed it...declaring it's mine. In

short I'm a "cat-obsessed idiot." :lol: Though, I really don't know the reason but, I somehow dislike dogs...I mean they always smell

no matter what you do, or is does it all depend on the owners capabitlities??? :?

Anyways, does any of you have a pet of their own? Or you don't have one, but want to have one, or maybe you have one but don't

want to have one. What kind of pet would you prefer to keep in your home? Do you give special attention or treatment to your pets?

Are you willing to give everything for your pet? :)

Currently working on Learning to Love

proofreading: the beach and yuki academy

My DeviantArt: http://platonicheart.deviantart.com/

platonicheart
Veteran

Re: Let's talk about pets ^^

#2 Post by platonicheart »

Oh yeah, here's a picture of one of my cats...he may be lazy but he's cute ^^
Attachments
DSC00182.JPG
DSC00150.JPG

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#3 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I adore pigeons. :D I have one at home with a name of Rui :D
Dad takes care of her, and she will be dad's ... contestant for a race xD
I don't have a picture of her, though xD

We also have dogs, I have one too, but I haven't visited mine for a long time, so she doesn't recognize me anymore and claws at my legs everytime she sees me D:

My dog. :D

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#4 Post by SilverxBlue »

Why do you dislike dogs? They're adorable!
Our dog doesn't really stink that much so maybe it depends on the owner.
I try dressing him up a bit and he removes them in an instant. :lol:

His name is Kurt! :)
Attachments
Then a few months later... BOOM He's bigger and much much heavier.
Then a few months later... BOOM He's bigger and much much heavier.
here he was when he was still a little baby.
here he was when he was still a little baby.
kurt.jpg (8.1 KiB) Viewed 2124 times
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

redcat
Regular

#5 Post by redcat »

platonichearts wrote:I really love cats. You know, the type who picks up a stray cat, gives it a bath, proper grooming, and feed it...declaring it's mine. In short I'm a "cat-obsessed idiot." :lol: Though, I really don't know the reason but, I somehow dislike dogs..
That's just the same with me! :D *laugh*
Whenever I saw a cute cat on the side road (or at someone's house), I felt the urge to pet it and take it home... >_<
But whenever I saw a dog near me, I tend to avoid them, or at least took some distance (especially if it's a guard dog).
Dogs are just... scary (even if it's really cute)

I used to have pet cats in the past. Most of them were just alley cats (except two Angora cats which were abandoned by their owner). After my last cat died, I'm hesitated to have another pet. Losing "someone" close to you can make a big hole in your heart...
Last edited by redcat on Wed May 18, 2011 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meowwngg...??

platonicheart
Veteran

#6 Post by platonicheart »

redcat wrote:
platonichearts wrote:I really love cats. You know, the type who picks up a stray cat, gives it a bath, proper grooming, and feed it...declaring it's mine. In short I'm a "cat-obsessed idiot." :lol: Though, I really don't know the reason but, I somehow dislike dogs..
That's just the same with me! :D *laugh*
Whenever I saw a cute cat on the side road (or at someone's house), I felt the urge to pet it and take it home... >_<
But whenever I saw a dog near me, I tend to avoid them, or at least took some distance (especially if it's a guard dog).
Dogs are just... scary (even if it's really cute)
Yeah! But nothing beats if it's a kitten on the sideroad, I mean my "motherly side" just wakes up... I already have feeding bottles at home, specialized for kittens. Ow, guard dogs are definitely something, it's as if when they stand with the two feet they're even larger than you! Though, I don't find dogs scary, I just truly dislike it. (maybe this is a syndrome :lol:)

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#7 Post by Elenakiara »

I remember that when I was young and in Russia, I loved the little homeless dogs. D': <3 The puppies would come over and try to chew my knees because they were teething. XD

Here, I once went chasing after a stray dog (mini pincher) for a few hours! xD He tried to scare me by growling when I got him in a corner, but I let him walk around before finally giving up and trusting me enough to get close enough to pet him! The scary part was that his collar was turned so that if I wanted to put on my leash, I'd have to put my hand right in front of his face! I know that dogs, especially those who don't know you, don't like scary things next to them... ^^; So as I pet him, I slowly turned the collar until the little metal part was near his back and I got him! :) He was so nice at home, drinking the water I gave him and went to sleep beside me. Then, when my mom came back, he barked at her to defend me already! <33 Adorable. We couldn't find the owner in the neighborhood and had two dogs already (the laws here permit two dogs max only :( ), so we had to give him to the pound in our area. T_T Which I later found out was a for-profit one where so many animals were killed every day. Let me tell you, I cried so much when I learned that! I then signed so many petitions to stop for-profit shelters! But yeah... I shouldn't be too emo here. ^^;

I have two dogs, two cats, two ferrets and 7 birds (5 cockatiels and 2 budgies). :3 I feel like they each have their distinct smell and I love 'em all! <3 Though dogs really stink after the rain. xD
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

platonicheart
Veteran

#8 Post by platonicheart »

Gosh! The story of the dog was too shocking! Isn't it agains animal rights?!?!
Well, aren't you a solid pet lover here? :) You might become a good veterenarian! :D

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#9 Post by Camille »

I have two cats, Hideyoshi (normally we just call him Hide) and Yuki. I used to consider myself a dog person, but then I took in Hide and his sister (who has since passed away) when they were strays and now I'm definitely definitely a cat lover. XD

Image Image

And here's Yuki sitting in front of my computer (on the keyboard, no less!) preventing me from coding Machina Jewel. :| (you can see jEdit on my desktop haha)

Number one cause of scripting delays?

Elenakiara
Veteran

#10 Post by Elenakiara »

platonicheart wrote:Gosh! The story of the dog was too shocking! Isn't it agains animal rights?!?!
Well, aren't you a solid pet lover here? :) You might become a good veterenarian! :D
It -is- against animal rights and my province is the only one that still allows for-profit shelters. >.< We'll fight against it though! :3
And yeah, I wanted to be a veterinarian before, but I'm really bad with needles, blood or any kind of examination that vets do. xDD Since I'm studying for a business degree(human resources), I'll just try to work in an animal-related job. After-all, big non-profit shelters hire managers too. ;)

This photo contains photos of Kiara(black cat) and Maggie(grey cat) together. As you can see in the second pic, they get into small fights quickly! xD For the dogs, Goldy's the yellow one and Moussia's the brown one. The yellow cockatiel's one of my favorites! <3 We took a photo of her when she was a baby and one when she grew up! The two ferrets are names Laska(brown one) and Vanilla(white one xD).

This is a photo of the lovely dog that I had caught. :'( He was so sweet, even though he looked like a little gangster at times!

Edit: By the way, everyone, your pets look so cute and awesome! Keep them coming! ;) xD
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

Tachyglossus
Regular
Projects: Sprite Art for: "Final Banquet", "365 Days"

#11 Post by Tachyglossus »

I've had cats all of my life. I could scarcely count how many cats have come and gone during my lifetime. Well... maybe I'll try. *pauses a moment* Sixteen. Over the course of my life, I have had 16 cats, and that is not counting animals I have watched for other people or kittens we had but gave away, or strays that didn't stay more than a month.

Right now there are three cats living in my house, but I cannot claim any of them to be mine. Tymora is everyone's cat, My Apprentice belongs to my mother, and Selune is so neurotic that it's hard to tell.

I do not dislike dogs, I've just never had one. The way things are, I do not think I could take care of one proper, so I doubt I ever will.

Personally, I want to own reptiles. I'm thinking either some small domestic snake, or a bearded dragon.

I'm afraid I am not on a computer that has any decent pictures of my cats. Tymora is a small mix breed from the SPCA, but she has bengal-like features. She is small, gray with mottled dark spots, has green eyes, and has the softest fur I ever felt on a cat. Selune is a fluffy white cat, but not a persian, for her face isn't flat. She has one and a half eyes. One eye didn't develop properly and is much smaller and covered in cataracts by now. She's nervous and doesn't take care of her needs if she feels threatened, which is most of the time. My Apprentice is the cat I absolutely hate; he's a big fella with a thick, healthy coat despite is 13 years of age, and has a white shoulder and face with black stripes over a dusty gray-brown fur. He pees on things when he doesn't get his way and our house stinks because of him, but my mother won't get rid of him or discipline him properly.

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#12 Post by Fawn »

Oh goodness, the cat photos have infiltrated Lemmasoft! No area of the internet is safe from them! xD

I had a hairless Sphinx cat, we adopted her. Unfortunately when we got our second pet, a poodle, we had to give her away. (The poodle's a little diva and was trying to hurt the poor ol' cat)
I'd have to agree with the reptile thing, I'd love to have a snake. They're so adorable the way they curl around your arm and look you in the face like "Hey, what's up? Nice arm you have here."

Snowflower
Bishie Fangirl
Completed: Idol Crush
Projects: Shugojin!, RockRobin (openmodewriter), your highness
Soundcloud: jenna-yeon

#13 Post by Snowflower »

Well, seeing as how my part time job right now as a high school student is at a pet store... that actually sells animals... that kind of shows my love for the animals, no?

Anyway, I have 2 dogs XD (one of which I got while working, haha) & I am thinking about getting another one :)

Pictures will be added later
Completed: Idol Crush | WIP: your highness | Hiatus: Shugojin!| Follow Me on Twitter | Subscribe to YouTube
your highness @ 102k as of 2/13

Elenakiara
Veteran

#14 Post by Elenakiara »

@ Snowflower: While it shows that you love animals, I'd recommend adopting the next pet. In my city alone, there were dozens of puppy mills that were discovered in the past few years. I know that not all pet stores get their puppies from puppy mills, there are so many dogs waiting for owners! :3 I won't go too much into that though, since it might kind of turn into another conversation and be off-topic. xD

Back on topic: I can't wait to see the photos! :3

redcat
Regular

#15 Post by redcat »

*saving all the pet photos to hard disk*

Btw, does anyone have a pet with "peculiar" habit?
One of my cats used to love eating fresh sweet corn. Yes, you read it right... CORN.
The Angora one used to love eating sweet Papaya. She even tried to steal it from the kitchen when we weren't looking! :shock:

Me and my sister laughed when we discovered that cats could become vegetarians :lol:
Meowwngg...??