recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

For the rest of your otaku life.
OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

#1 Post by OtomeWeekend »

To all manga-readers, please share the mangas/manhwas/manhua/comics you are currently reading. Feel free to post even the ones you've finished that you like to share in this wide world. XDD

For meXDD
Currently:
-Ai Ore(Sequel to Ai wo Utau Yori Ore ni Oborero)
-Skip Beat
-Koukou Debut:Enren Debut(Sequel to Koukou Debut)
-Tora to Ookami(same author of Hana Yori Dango)
-Bokura ga Ita
-Kimi ni Todoke
-Ayakashi Koi Emaki(same author of Ai Ore)
-Koi Hajimemashite
-Shin Tennis no Oujisama(Sequel to Prince of Tennis)
-Metantei Conan
-Naruto(yeah, its tiring but i still love it)
-Starry Sky Anthology
-Hakuouki
-The World God only Knows
-Maid-sama

And for those I've finished, I currently remember:
-Lovely complex
-Nanaco Robin(same author of lovely complex)
-Beast Master
-Ouran High
and many more in the tip of my tongue.
Last edited by OtomeWeekend on Tue May 24, 2011 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

Re: currently reading manga...

#2 Post by LVUER »

- Needless (loli moe, panty shot of loli moe, naked loli moe, blood and gore, cool action, and good comedy... apparently they mix well ^_^ )
- Freezing (boobs and blood, what else do you need?)
- Ao no Exorcist (son of satan, how could a protagonist be more cooler than this)
- Nurarihyon no Mago (story of three generation of hero)
- Kekkaishi (a good one, never thought it would be this good, but sadly, I think this manga will end soon... and I bet in Japan this one already ended for quite some time)
- Claymore (I wish the protagonists have more air time, what's this mangaka thinking...)
- Beelzebub (a pretty good manga and very funny but the battle which is the main theme of this manga is surprisingly bland)
- Asuka Hybrid (not that good manga, but it's a gender bender manga and there's lots of moe and naked moe, so I'm in)
- One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, Meitantei Conan (only because I've read them for more than 300 chapters, gosh, I hope they will end soon T_T )
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#3 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Ahhh, my list is quite long ^^' I'm not even joking T^T I'll just link it cause it is easier.

http://www.mangaupdates.com/mylist.html ... &list=read

That is 214 that I am reading and 49 I have completed. Oh my god, I have no life.
Last edited by Auro-Cyanide on Tue May 24, 2011 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PyTom
Ren'Py Creator
Completed: Moonlight Walks
Projects: Ren'Py
IRC Nick: renpytom
Github: renpytom
itch: renpytom

#4 Post by PyTom »

Rather than simply listing long lists of manga - which doesn't help many people - let's change this thread to be one about manga you recommend we read, and why. I'll start off.

Wakusei no Samidate / Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer

I just finished this two nights ago. Since the art isn't all that great, this manga is all about the story - the story of a dozen or so people tasked with saving a world that some of them don't even like all that much. It might seems absurd at times, as the primary threat is a giant invisible hammer that threatens the world - but that absurdity kind of belies it being a serious story for the characters involved. Totally worth a read.
Supporting creators since 2004
(When was the last time you backed up your game?)
"Do good work." - Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom
Software > Drama • https://www.patreon.com/renpytom

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#5 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I tried reading Wakusei no Samidate, but I could never get into it. The bit on the first page or so was funny though.

One that I would recommend that I am pretty sure most people have not read and would be interesting to people here is Amanoiwato Hime and it's sequel Jitaku Keibihime Terrass. They are very funny and quite light reading.

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#6 Post by pondrthis »

Best manga I've ever read was Bitter Virgin. A very dark romance that covers quite a few disturbing themes in addition to a couple depressing ones. Has a fitting ending that gives you your happy ending kicks without taking a complete 180 from the chapters leading up to it. I will warn you that it is quite stressful to read, but also that you won't want to put it down because the art and story are so evocative. Four volumes in all.

Lumen_Astrum
Dystopian Princess
Completed: Soul and Heart, Twin Faces
Projects: Soul and Heart Replay; The Court of the Two Sides (tentative title)
Organization: Lion Box Studios
Tumblr: lumenizampel

#7 Post by Lumen_Astrum »

I never finish any manga I read, but I read Fushigi Yuugi Genbu Kaiden (ahh, where's that friend of mine where I borrowed the books? I'm one book away from the ending ;___;), Absolute Boyfriend, Katekyo Hitman Reborn... and well, Naruto xD

On comics, I read cartoon comics too, and the only one of it that I started and managed to finish is BONE comic saga.

choklitchan
Regular

#8 Post by choklitchan »

Skip Beat- A great story with unique art, loveable, thoughtful characters, in-depth, funny, doesn't waste time with filler episodes (though still very long), and I can't help but adore the main character kyoko, and the charming, hawt love interest Ren. Great mix of humor, and wit. The story doesn't stagnate, nor the characters. My all-time favorite manga.

Faster Than a Kiss- I love sweet sensei-student stories. A great fluffy read for those who feel like a good giggle. The story's a bit predictable, but I think that's part of the fun- you know what to expect, so you can relax and just enjoy the story.

Dengenki Daisy- I love the pretty, detailed art, and the characters just make me laugh all the time. It moves along nicely, and story is sweet and charming, though right now it's turning darker.

The most memorable in my mind at the moment...
Finished:
Shrinkled
Mobile Food Madness (Polymorphic Games)
Works in Progress
The Truth of the Legends (Hiatus)

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: recommended manga(formerly currently reading manga)

#9 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I changed the title :D

Well, then I'd suggest my recommended mangas!!!

Lovely complex- about a 182 cm girl and a 156 cm guy knows as a comedy duo but later the girl falls for the short guy and blahblahblah.... it was an awesome and funny manga. I also watched the anime XDD ITs thanks to this that I'm very fluent in Kansai-ben.

Skip Beat- funny, the best, but quite frustrating, :( It has taken a hundred chapters before XXXXXXXXXXXX *read to find out* I love skip beat though.

that's all for now(was lazy to type more XD)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#10 Post by yummy »

Here is a small selection. I have other names as well, but these ones stand out the most.

Bambino (seinen, cooking): The story of a young adult trying to get to know how a famous italian restaurant works, and how to achieve his own dreams.

Kami-sen (shounen, romance, school life): Izumi hot springs is in huge debt, and as loan sharks try to get the money, the deity Konoha sama appears, but it looks like she lost her memories.

Tomehane (seinen, romance, school life): The story of a returnee, who seems to have talent for calligraphy

Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (seinen, light novel, romance, ecchi, school life): The story of a boy haunted by a ghost girl, who seems to have died in a weird way

K-On (4-koma): Well, everybody knows about K-On. There are two new chapters about their new university life.

Kitsune no Yomeiri (shounen, romance, school life): A cute love comedy about a fox bride, who frees a boy from his natural unlucky life

Kokou no hito (seinen, sports, romance, school life): Mori is a rather gloomy transfer student. On his first day to school, he climbs the wall of his school without any security and gets to feel the rush of adrenaline of a climber's high, and ends up discovering his love for rock climbing

Waga Na wa Umishi (seinen, sea): the story of a prior coast guard who finally dedicates his life to boat salvaging

Zettai Joousei (shounen, light novel, romance, comedy, school life): due to a trauma, the hero fears any female. His sister decides to get him a shock therapy by making him go to a previous girls only school, with a now 9/1 girls ratio. Hilarity ensues.

That's all folks!

redcat
Regular

#11 Post by redcat »

I've read a wide range of mangas, from fluffy romance to bloody gore dark stories and many things between them.
I can't really choose wich one I should recommend here without knowing the demographic target.

Random picks :
Salad Days --> a compilation of short stories, mostly about highschool romance
NHK ni Youkoso --> Story about a closet otaku who's trying to regain his life
Gunslinger Girl --> Loli + guns + romance.
Meowwngg...??

Ventara

#12 Post by Ventara »

Well, I'm currently reading The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer, but since that was already mentioned, let me recommend

NG Life

This manga is BRILLIANT! This manga has scenes that will make you laugh out loud and scenes that will make your chest tighten. It's such a well told story with a really likable cast. This is probably my favourite manga. And it's licensed too! It's really underrated. Give it a go if you have time.

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#13 Post by Blue Lemma »

My favorites lately are Pastel and Suzuka because I like the drama and pretty girls ^_^ Kouji Seo (the Suzuka artist) is especially awesome.

For lighter fare, Yotsuba& is great because it has a charming innocence and subtle humor.

Death Note was great, too, and I marathon-ed the last half. Suspenseful, intriguing, and morally provocative...but everyone recommends Death Note :roll:
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#14 Post by LVUER »

Death Note... I don't know the anime but I read the manga. It's interesting until ...
that girls shows up, and for me, it went down-hill after that -_-
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

PervertPrince
Regular

#15 Post by PervertPrince »

The only ones I'm reading are Naruto, Dragon ball and 1/2 Prince. I love 1/2 Prince ^^
Eagles may soar in the clouds but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.