IT'S COLLEGE TIME

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
shahab96
Veteran

Re: IT'S COLLEGE TIME

#16 Post by shahab96 »

I'm studying computer sciences at the Foundation for the Advamcement of Science and Technology in Islamabad Pakistan. I just finished second semester. Hopuefully I'll graduate in 2014. :)
The true measure of a man is what he does with his power.

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#17 Post by pondrthis »

Like AuCN I graduated at 20, but from Vanderbilt University. (But, uh... now I'm officially a third year Master's student... which is pathetic. It wouldn't be if I were still serious about the PhD, but biomedical engineering is just SO DAMN BORING.)

silversporksama
Regular
Completed: Senpai WataMite, Last Couple Minutes
Organization: Tokkimeki
Tumblr: Tokkimeki
Deviantart: Tokkimeki
itch: tokkimeki

#18 Post by silversporksama »

Not going to college yet, but I'm hoping I'll get smart enough to go to the University of the Philippines in two years (Thank goodness I'm not in the 5-year high school batch! Apparently, this year's incoming freshmen are, though. ohoho.)
So yeah. Major transitioning phase? If this thread still lives or is re-made in two years, I can post here and happily say bye-bye to my "All-girls catholic private school" subtitle. wootness!

Is it me, or are a lot of the pinoys here highschoolers/fresh grads? xDDD

also
SilverxBlue wrote:Unless my mom finally takes me seriously and sends me off to college, I'll be studying at a certain university named San Beda, I passed on one of our country's top universities (my dream school) but the tuition was a bit too expensive and since I was too lazy to apply for a scholarship, my mom is considering to let me study in a "Class-B" university instead.
I don't even.
....My sister's going to san beda for law school and I went there with her last week.

excuse me while I scream into my pillow.

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#19 Post by SilverxBlue »

silversporksama wrote:I don't even.
....My sister's going to san beda for law school and I went there with her last week.

excuse me while I scream into my pillow.
What...

wait..

what?
Really?!?!

And to think that I'm going to take law there years and years later. (Once I finish accountancy. XD)
Guess it really is a small world. XD
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#20 Post by manga_otaku »

Waaah everything is so different =.="
England is weird.
College is what you go to if you can't get into a sixth-form, which is Years 12-13 (aged 16-18), and THEN you go onto University >w<
Anyways, I plan on staying on in my secondary school, Years 7-11 (aged 11-16), for sixth-form before going onto university to study further Chemistry and Biology or Maths in Warwick University, Imperial (LONDON *o*) or University of York :)
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Kura
Regular
Completed: Chasing the Sun
Projects: RESET

#21 Post by Kura »

Haha, so many college folks around here. I wasn't even aware.

I'll be a junior this fall at Carnegie Mellon University (in the US), majoring in Chemistry and English. Also being the president of our GLBT organization, whoo.
manga_otaku wrote:Anyways, I plan on staying on in my secondary school, Years 7-11 (aged 11-16), for sixth-form before going onto university to study further Chemistry and Biology or Maths in Warwick University, Imperial (LONDON *o*) or University of York :)
Go for chemistry! Do it do it do it!
Devblog :: Kura's VN Projects and Resources
Complete Chasing the Sun [a meditation on light] :: In Progress RESET [guilt, love, existentialism, and video games]

choklitchan
Regular

#22 Post by choklitchan »

I'll be a freshman in college this fall; I'm studying biology with a pre-med concentration.
My college has its own ski slope... :O
XD
Finished:
Shrinkled
Mobile Food Madness (Polymorphic Games)
Works in Progress
The Truth of the Legends (Hiatus)

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#23 Post by Fawn »

Getting an associate's degree in Science focused on biology (I wanted chemistry, but I couldn't get scheduled correctly in order to take my other classes. Bio is easier though.). Transferring to a local university to get a batchelors in Computer Science and hopefully a minor in design. It would be awesome to get a minor in Chinese or Japanese as well, but I won't have the money for that most likely ;___;

I obviously want to work in the game or software industry. What do y'all want to do with your majors, though?

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#24 Post by babyfish »

Currently I'm in fourth year business school with an accounting concentration. I already have the requirements needed to graduate the program, but I'm taking a few more courses so that I'll be able to qualify for an accounting designation.

Still considering going for my Masters', but I'd rather work at least a year after graduation.
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

#25 Post by IonicMomo »

I'll be entering my third year at Michigan State this fall with a double major in political theory and anthropology. My original plan was to go on to graduate studies in political anthropology and eventually become a professor, but I don't know how feasible that's going to be given the current state of academia, funding shortages, and lack of tenure track positions, especially in the social sciences. I might just end up going to medical school, which is what my parents want of me. :P
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

Blue Lemma
Forum Founder
Completed: ToL, Shoujo Attack!, Lemma Ten
Projects: [RETIRED FROM FORUM ADMINISTRATION - CONTACT PYTOM WITH ISSUES]

#26 Post by Blue Lemma »

Seeing "COLLEGE TIME" scares me. You know that dream you have where it's final exam time and you realize you haven't been attending class at all and don't know what on earth is going on? Yeah, it never goes away :p
“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.”
- Napoleon Bonaparte

I've retired from forum administration. I do not add people to the "adult" group, deactivate accounts, nor any other administrative task. Please direct admin/mod issues to PyTom or the other mods : )

Elenakiara
Veteran
Projects: (WIP) Caesar's Fate

#27 Post by Elenakiara »

Blue Lemma wrote:Seeing "COLLEGE TIME" scares me. You know that dream you have where it's final exam time and you realize you haven't been attending class at all and don't know what on earth is going on? Yeah, it never goes away :p
xD Haha, actually, most of my nightmares of the sort show me lost as I look for the room where I have to take the exam or arriving there too late.
Working on a visual novel : Caesar's Fate (GxB) : Follow me on Twitter or visit my Website for updates!

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#28 Post by manga_otaku »

Blue Lemma wrote:Seeing "COLLEGE TIME" scares me. You know that dream you have where it's final exam time and you realize you haven't been attending class at all and don't know what on earth is going on? Yeah, it never goes away :p
I'm gong through finals at the moment. I don't dream about not knowing about what's on the exam, but when the exam is =.=
the awkward moment when you wake up at 6:30am in the morning testing everyone "DO WE HAVE AN EXAM TODAY?! IF WE DO WHEN IS IT?!"
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#29 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

I've had that dream too, though mine was when I was near the end of a semester and there was an entire unit I just hadn't been going to. For an outcome based course, that would have been disastrous D:

I got accepted into the honours program, but the stupid university sent it to the wrong address and it isn't transferable D:< And they were kind of 'Meh, your address must been wrong, you should have checked that' even though it was the ONLY letter that never got to my house. I was a little annoyed to say the least. I can probably still do it if I want since I still got the letter, but it was so unfair that it happened to be that letter out of all letters. *sigh* I don't have money for it anyway.

Friendbot2000
Regular
Projects: Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing

#30 Post by Friendbot2000 »

I am graduating from my Associates program at ITT Tech in May 2012. Then it is off to a four year school for my bachelors in Server Administration and Security at George Mason University. The fun part is that when I start George Mason I will have absolutely no time to do anything but eat, sleep, go to work, and study. *sigh* the price of being an adult...
Visit my game development group's Facebook page : Timekeeper Games
Mutagen : Journey to Haven's Landing Facebook Page
Follow our Twitter feed too : TK Games