Web hosting with css and javascript/plugins enabled

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Elze
Veteran
Tumblr: Poepii

Web hosting with css and javascript/plugins enabled

#1 Post by Elze »

I'm currently scripting some .html, .css and .js files for a website, so I'm looking for a web domain / hosting space where I can just dump the whole folder on. Does anyone know of such a site that's free? It's for a school assignment.

I'm also looking for sites that are more customizable by nature. Not for the above assignment, but for personal use. I was going to use wordpress, but I find the site rather restrictive. & if I want to customize css, I need to pay extra. Is blogspot or blogger a good site for this? I'm totally lost here, so any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

shahab96
Veteran

Re: Web hosting with css and javascript/plugins enabled

#2 Post by shahab96 »

Well I don't really know about any server where you can host your own folder without paying. But as for sites with customisable css, have you tried sites.google.com?
The true measure of a man is what he does with his power.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#3 Post by mugenjohncel »

Elze wrote:It's for a school assignment.
If it's for your school assignment and just temporary hosting specifically for your school assignment... maybe I can help you a bit...

I've been hoarding domain names lately and some even have hosting tied to it (most are currently empty though...)

"POOF" (Disappears)

Edit:
PM me in case you needed it so I can set you up with my IT guy so you and him could talk to set up that thing you need for your assignment (Unbelievable it may seem... I am dumb in this whole web thing... )

Edit 2:
Wah!... I failed to notice the post date of the OP (Elze)... Oh well, the offer is on the table... I'll give you 10 days to respond after that this offer expires...

Edit 3:
Hmm... (I know I shouldn't be doing this but my curiosity overrides my judgement this time) this GoDaddy control panel thing sure is dauntingly complicated (can't recall how did I managed that one site by myself... I sure wish there is a tutorial for NOOBs like me how to add sub-domain, users, passwords and stuff) Guess I'd rather not touch anything or else, I might screw up something really bad... better wait for the professionals tommorrow...

Edit 4:
Damn... I feel so dumb and helpless without my IT guy... I knew I should have enrolled in a web class or something...

Elze
Veteran

#4 Post by Elze »

Ah yes that will be very helpful! Thank you! ;u; I'm still coding it, but will be done in a couple of days. Can I contact you when I'm done?

It's definitely purely for homework. I only intend to host it for a few days till teach looks through and gives me a grade. I won't share the link with anyone else. (not like I'd want my flimsy attempt of a website to be seen anyway D: )

LOL don't fret about it. Thanks for trying! I'm still struggling with all this programming jargon myself.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by OtomeWeekend »

might be out of topic but... since its rare to see uncle mugen around.....

....I really <3 your avatar uncle mugen XDD

Btw, I'm a complete noob about all this programming and coding sites etc.... sorry for oot X((
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#6 Post by mugenjohncel »

Elze wrote:Ah yes that will be very helpful! Thank you! ;u; I'm still coding it, but will be done in a couple of days. Can I contact you when I'm done?
*We took the liberty and setup one for you... (check your PM)

Hope this helps... oh and I'll just let it stay this way in case you needed to tinker and experiment using online... so go ahead and do whatever you wanted... who knows, maybe in the near future I might outsource the maintenance of my other sites to you... for a um... **Reasonable Fee :mrgreen:

"POOF" (Disappears)

* We = My IT guy did it, not me
** Reasonable Fee = Cheap Philippine Pesos :mrgreen:

Elze
Veteran

#7 Post by Elze »

Replied the pm ytd, just saw this reply. Thanks again!
& haha thanks for the offer, but probably not anytime soon. At least not till I graduate lol.