[WIP] Kismet: The Murder Files [REVISED] [Demo v.1 up~]

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

[WIP] Kismet: The Murder Files [REVISED] [Demo v.1 up~]

#1 Post by manga_otaku »

"Time is ticking..."
Demo v.1 is up~
I'm sorry. It's short. But you get to see blushing MC without glasses? (Awkward...drooling over yourself...O.O)
Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?jsb563bjlv5reu6
Tell me if it doesn't work. I'll upload separate distributions.
Kismet: The Murder Files

It's the year 2013 - after the supposed 'end of the world'. People are beginning to settle down again, but due to the dire loss of equipment, etc. life has reverted back to old edo style mixed with contemporary. Hierarchies emerge once again as the families who suffered the least after effects seize power and rise to the top whereas the now homeless and unemployed gather in shelters.

You play as a character who, along with many others, have formed teams to help those in need. Though you are still young, as long as you have passed a bar exam (literally) you can obtain a "Bandito" badge and receiver, certifying you as a "Bandito". As you begin your journey as a "Bandito" with your partner, you wake up from a strange dream. Later that day, you swipe your first mission - to find the Lady 'Hikami' Mitsuka. Believing this will be an easy shut and close case, you go off to find her. Along the way you realise that this isn't the simplest lost and found mission - especially not when the Lady Mitsuka is found dead.
In the exact place you had seen in your dream.
Her childhood friend, Fuzen, has been named as the culprit. Believing he has not committed the crime due to some gut feeling you go ahead to find the murderer in this case, encountering many others who may or may not be involved in the case.
What is this strange ability you seem to possess and will it help you?
Who is the man that appears in your dreams?
Who is the murderer and why?

Solve the mystery and discover the truth.

You
ImageImage
Megane~!
16 years old and a newbie "Bandito". You possess the ability to see someone else's present time in your dreams and your gut instincts are right on cue. With your partner, you try to solve the mystery behind Lady Mitsuka's death before Fuzen is convicted. Quite serious and has a loss of humour.
Katsutoshi
17 years old and a newbie "Bandito". Your partner who swiped the job. Cheery, gluttonous boy. His motto is "Anything is good as long as it pays!"
????
Age unknown, but seems to be 15-16? Mysterious person who appears in your dreams. He seems to know who you are yet you don't, even though he says you have met. Helps with the case.
Lady "Hikami" Mitsuka
This one doesn't appear at all...well the bloody one does, but not this one :D
13 years old. Is dead at the start of the game. The mission was to find her, but becomes a murder case when she is found dead. Why was she there and who killed her?
Miyako
16 years old. A strange girl who seems to be hiding a past. She appears one day, claiming that she knows something but won't tell you unless you help her.
Fuzen
1715 years old I felt a little disturbed that a 13 year old had a 17 year old childhood friend xD not that it's not allowed.... Childhood friend to the deceased Lady Mitsuka. Main suspect in the murder case. He is held under house arrest after his ring is found near the body.
Lord "Shigemitsu" Togai
16 years old. Another suspect, in your books, as the murderer. Another one of the 'high-class' families which survived well after the 2012 incident. Both the Shigemitsu and Hikami family was planning on wedding Lord Togai and Lady Mitsuka, yet Lady Mitsuka refused.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Story/Writing: manga_otaku
Sprites: a27052188 (Bassnovel) [& gundestiny?]
CG artist: ?
BG: Bassnovel
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Progress~!
Writing/Story: >10%~
Sprites: 50%~
BGM & SFX: 99.999999...%~
BGs: 99.999999...%~
CGs: 0%~
Last edited by manga_otaku on Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:43 am, edited 22 times in total.
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: [New] Kismet: The Murder Files {Needing help~}

#2 Post by HigurashiKira »

Wow, this looks rather interesting, I'll keeo my eye out on this!
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

manga_otaku
Veteran

#3 Post by manga_otaku »

HigurashiKira wrote:Wow, this looks rather interesting, I'll keeo my eye out on this!
Ahah xD Thanks~ Don't expect much though. It's my first and I'm having troubles already >w<

Sounds like I'm having a kid O.o LAWL.
Projects:
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

NewMember
Regular

#4 Post by NewMember »

Does kismet mean luck/faith in your story.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#5 Post by manga_otaku »

Well Kismet generally means fate/destiny, so I'm thinking of making fate and choice to play a massive choice in lives, etc.
Projects:

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#6 Post by Taleweaver »

What do you need help with?
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

manga_otaku
Veteran

#7 Post by manga_otaku »

Taleweaver wrote:What do you need help with?
With some more characters, male ones especially, and some scenes of death.
Link: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 38&t=10460
Projects:

manga_otaku
Veteran

Re: Kismet: The Murder Files [REVISED]

#8 Post by manga_otaku »

I've changed the program I'm using to make this and the sprites are different as well.
Enjoy :)
Projects:

Azania
Projects: ~Black Sorrow~

#9 Post by Azania »

Ah, I love murder mystery games! It sounds interesting! Can't wait to play it. >;O Good luck!
Image Currently working on: ~Black Sorrow~ GxB Otome game

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#10 Post by Snow Blossom »

Murder? Mystery? Cute sprites? I'M IN. XDD
My excitement aside, I was kind of suprised when I read their ages; at first I thought they were like 12... >.>

manga_otaku
Veteran

#11 Post by manga_otaku »

Azania wrote:Ah, I love murder mystery games! It sounds interesting! Can't wait to play it. >;O Good luck!
No problemo :) Kind of different from what I've made before so it may be different xD
Snow Blossom wrote:Murder? Mystery? Cute sprites? I'M IN. XDD
My excitement aside, I was kind of suprised when I read their ages; at first I thought they were like 12... >.>
Very young for their ages xD After effect of the disaster? xD
Screenshots:
Preferences menu
[NEW] Main menu
Last edited by manga_otaku on Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Projects:

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#12 Post by RemnantDream »

I enjoyed that last picture ^3^

This looks like it'll be good. Good luck with this.

manga_otaku
Veteran

#13 Post by manga_otaku »

UPDATE 10/06/11 wrote:I've added in two new features - a music room and messages!
I've been messing around with the coding and I've added a music room and a message system in the game through the receiver. People in the game may or may not send you messages during the game depending on your choices~!

I'm also trying to mess around with a profile gallery :) Have fun~!
Projects:

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#14 Post by Snow Blossom »

Wow the second picture is stunning. O_O
How do you draw such pretty and clean sprites?!! >:O

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by HigurashiKira »

Something that's bothering me a bit: The two characters seem to be drawn in two completely diffrent styles. Is that intentional?

And that last pic....beautiful....
Attachments
I noticed how you tried to fill her in all black.
I noticed how you tried to fill her in all black.
Hot fix.png (9.01 KiB) Viewed 3873 times
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~