Toketsu (KN)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
clannadman

Toketsu (KN)

#1 Post by clannadman »

"Toketsu..."
"It's a Japanese word."
"Some people think it means to freeze."
"Or to be frozen."
"Like a lake in the winter or a heart in the autumn."
"But this is just a misspelling."
"One I used too frequently."
"In a story I wrote long ago..."

A game about the inane nature of life and humanity.

I basically combined some numerous short tales I'd written and put them into one story. There are no sprites, only music and backgrounds and since it's a kinetic novel, no choices. It's sort of a test at my game-making skills before I release anything that I deem a little more professional. It's a little depressing and confusing since the narrative jumps between the perspectives of several characters within the timespan of half an hour.

Downloads:

Renai.us:
http://www.renai.us/game/toketsu.shtml
Attachments
menu.PNG
Capture2.PNG
Last edited by clannadman on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

exsul

Re: Toketsu (KN)

#2 Post by exsul »

Man, I'm sure this thread feels lonely without any comment.
So I'll say that I really liked this story and enjoyed the atmosphere. Thank you for this release.

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#3 Post by HigurashiKira »

Wow, this was just...I'm speachless. This was just beautiful, even if the message is confusing. I just loved the tone of this, it really needs more views.
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#4 Post by RemnantDream »

I remember playing a demo for this and I loved it. It's amazing. I probably said this then but your writing is beautiful ^^

clannadman

#5 Post by clannadman »

Thanks for the comments guys :) I was a little nervous about releasing something in such a confused state but I'm glad to see you liked it :P

rubythorns

#6 Post by rubythorns »

That was sad and beautiful. The art and grey tones really set the mood for the story.

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#7 Post by carosene »

Finally got around to playing this! Woo!

Very very interesting! I really enjoyed this. :D Your menus are beautiful, the art and words are nice, and oh dear god the music. o.o Great choices there. I'm sitting here in the middle of summer shivering. o.o Especially the track playing during the fire. Oh dear god.

I feel like this game is more of an emotional experience than a narrative, which I think is kind of what you were going for? It's a cool way to do things. :)
The game feels strangely personal and also real to the point where I wonder if it was inspired by a real tragedy.

Anywho, clannadman, keep up the good work! :D I'm looking forward to Rape of the Lock!
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

applegirl
Veteran

#8 Post by applegirl »

It's been a while since I played a KN that made me really think. Beautiful writing, truly beautiful. I tip my hat to you, I think this site needs more KN like this.

I have to keep my eye out for your next work.

clannadman

#9 Post by clannadman »

carosene wrote:I feel like this game is more of an emotional experience than a narrative, which I think is kind of what you were going for? It's a cool way to do things. :)
The game feels strangely personal and also real to the point where I wonder if it was inspired by a real tragedy.
That was kind of what I was going for. The story even tells you as you play it that there is no real plot to the story. Haha, I'm thankful it wasn't based on any personal experience :P
carosene wrote:Anywho, clannadman, keep up the good work! :D I'm looking forward to Rape of the Lock!
I will do and glad to hear it. The character artist, surelyyoujest, has done an excellent job on the sprites :)
applegirl wrote:It's been a while since I played a KN that made me really think. Beautiful writing, truly beautiful. I tip my hat to you, I think this site needs more KN like this.

I have to keep my eye out for your next work.
Thankyou for your kind words :)

bd648

#10 Post by bd648 »

Um... Seeing as how megaupload is down could you re-upload it on another site? I really want to play it cause i liked all your other ones so much.

Yonowaaru

#11 Post by Yonowaaru »

Oh man. I just reread this since the topic jumped up again. I had completely forgotten I had ever read this, but the name and description somehow made me remember.
I don't think I really 'understood' this the first time, but I suppose that now I do. I can say that I enjoyed this story. It was somehow... beautiful. Pure. I cannot express it in any coherent words, but... it is amazing. Reading stuff like this shows me I still have a long way to go.

To the person above me: I still have this story, so if you want to I could PM it to you. Just send a PM to me to confirm it, all right?

clannadman

#12 Post by clannadman »

bd648 wrote:Um... Seeing as how megaupload is down could you re-upload it on another site? I really want to play it cause i liked all your other ones so much.
The game is now on Renai.us (a Windows version is anyway).

Crocosquirrel
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Mobile Food Madness, Super Otome Quest
Projects: Academy Daze
Organization: Polymorphic Games

#13 Post by Crocosquirrel »

I'm not seeing a download link on renai.us?
I'm going to get off my soap-box now, and let you get back to your day.

Academy Daze- Back in production! Complete with ecchi-ness ;)

clannadman

#14 Post by clannadman »

DarkSpartan wrote:I'm not seeing a download link on renai.us?
It's been added. I think the admins take about 24 hours to approve it (just to make sure it's not a worm or something) so it should be up around this time tomorrow.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#15 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

This game is this week's Group Play http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 53&t=17097