[WIP] Rabbit Chase (GxB)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

[WIP] Rabbit Chase (GxB)

#1 Post by EternalDream »

After a long break after my last game (Secret Santa) I present you my next game~
(Note: This one is a bit different from the last WIP I made so please don't merge the 2 together or something ^^;;)

(Logo made by Auro-Cyanide)

Rabbit Chase
by eDream
Development Blog: Click :)

Genre: Romance, Comedy(?), Mystery, Gender Bender, Otome

Main Characters
Roan Burkes (default name) <17>: The MC of the game. Won't go into much personality stuff because her personality changes depending on the choices the player makes.

Blaire Mitchell <16>: The "princess" of a famous electronics company called MiTell. A spoiled girl who must have everything in the world go her way, often makes the people with her have a hard time deciding what to say to her. One of the people that has probably never tasted humiliation, defeat, or rejection.

Jay Mitchell <17>: Blaire's older brother, he's the one that spoils her the most because he has a huge sister complex. He's quiet and doesn't like talking much, also doesn't show a wide range of emotions. Studying abroad in Korea in the beginning of the game. (I don't like his name that much since it sounds awkward to me... so I might change it later)

Heki Plestmond <17>: The latest top singer in the medias, is rumored to be a player who dates many girls at once but doesn't commit to one. He has a cheerful outlook in life and like giving words of encouragement, and support to those that need it.

Seth Kaufman <18>: A waiter of a local popular coffee shop. He's mysterious and kind... at least on the outside. Always seems cool and composed, saying everything everyone wants to hear from him.

Jeremy Sayfri <16>: Blaire's classmate. He seems to be the only one that Blaire talks to at school but at the same time, the 2 don't seem like they like eachother at all. He seems a little clueless, and is a bit clumsy at times. He's cheerful and an overall positive person. But why would Blaire like talking to someone like him?

Game Summary

"Your only hope is to catch the white rabbit."

You play as Roan Burkes, a girl who is often mistaken as a boy in appearance and personality. Her family owes the Mitchell family, the family behind MiTell the famous electronics company, a LOT of money. This is due to the fact that her father bought so much stuffed animals for her they went bankrupt. (The reason why she hates them so much). One day when Roan was little, the daughter of the Mitchell family, Blaire, wanders off and gets lost in Roan's house. She falls down and is helped up by Roan. Blaire thought Roan was a boy and falls in love at first sight. Her parents were overjoyed when they saw that whenever Blaire was near Roan, she became all sweet and nice instead of her usual spoiled brat self. They immediately make a deal with Roan's parents: they'll clear the debt between them as long as Roan can keep on letting Blaire believe that she's a boy until Roan's 35th birthday. From then on, Roan was forced to live as a boy...unless she wanted her family in debt again. Years later, Roan soon realizes that at this rate, she'll probably have to end up marrying Blaire which she absolutely doesn't want, since it will mean that she will have to play the role of "Roan as a guy" for the rest of her life. She goes to Blaire's parents and declares that she wants her freedom to be a girl back. Blaire's parents doesn't let Roan quit because they liked the change that she brought upon Blaire. Then, they decided to make a bet which was a game: If Roan can find a unique rabbit keychain before the day Blaire's fiance is announced, then Roan can return to living life as a girl... or at least get her "freedom" back.

** As a side note, it's possible to accept everything and just go through with Blaire's route and end up with her. (For now, I'm not sure if it will change in the future)**

Screenshots: I currently don't have any, but will update this with it later...

Staff:
Story: me
Art: me
Programming: me
Music: Kael
** So basically I'm pretty much working alone... except for composing music. I'm not good at it at all.

Progress:
Script: 2%
Art: 1%

Notes:
- I'm starting this probably in the beginning of July which is when I'm free again
- Beginning of July: also when I can post up pictures and start writing in my blog
- Once the development blog posts it's first post, it's going to be updated every week
- If you're curious about the quality of the graphics for the game... you can look through my gallery at deviantART. Imagine that, but with slightly better quality because I improve, I improve~

The only reason I'm posting a thread here is because I'm confident I can finish this...
Last edited by EternalDream on Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

Re: [WIP] Rabbit Chase (GxB)

#2 Post by RemnantDream »

This sounds like a really good idea. I'm looking forward to this. Good luck finishing ^^

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

#3 Post by GeneDNC »

I really like the premise for you game, it sounds like it could be hilarious. ^__^ Good luck!

Snow Blossom
Veteran

#4 Post by Snow Blossom »

Very nice! I love these gender-bender themes! XD And buying too many toys is just about the most hilarious way to go bankrupt ever.

Glasskitten
Regular
Completed: I confess to nothing! \(>o<)/

#5 Post by Glasskitten »

This has to be one of the first gender-bender plots that has truly fascinated me. :)
Grand list of things not officially canceled:
Salt -- the heartwarming story of brain-eating space worms
Tangent -- an epic poem and/or novel about a borderline-autistic Martian imp and her relationship with God
Kittens of the Darned -- a grimdark soap opera about sexy catgirls (Indefinitely postponed until I learn to draw and color realistically)
The Other Mary -- the most perfect fic about the most perfect Mary Sue EVER
Rockheart -- a short story about a monster who kills everyone
Corrupted -- a completely different short story about a monster who kills everyone (late Worst Visual Novel Ever)
Checkpoint 36a -- the transcription of a short multi-ending dream about time travel and undead schoolgirls
In Which the Princess is Kidnapped -- an entry in the "ordinary girl ends up in an alien universe and tries to save it" genre
Pictogram Scramble: Magical Friendship Bunny Ivy -- a Flash game about a magical girl making friends (Indefinitely postponed until I learn how friendship works)

EternalDream
Veteran

#6 Post by EternalDream »

This sounds like a really good idea. I'm looking forward to this. Good luck finishing ^^
This has to be one of the first gender-bender plots that has truly fascinated me.
Thank you! >w< I'll work hard to try to finish it as soon as possible. =w=b I think I can get a good chunk of it done since I'm pretty much going to be dedicating my whole summer break for this. :)
I really like the premise for you game, it sounds like it could be hilarious. ^__^ Good luck!
Very nice! I love these gender-bender themes! XD And buying too many toys is just about the most hilarious way to go bankrupt ever.
Haha, thanks! I plan on making the game as humorous as possible (which is why comedy is one of it's genres) but I'm not sure if I actually can make people laugh lol Which is why there's a question mark beside it... :'D This is always a problem that I have... I sometimes try to be funny but I can never get it across... ;3;

BTW, I'm going to upload some sketches of the characters when I find time to do them so people can get an idea of the characters' appearances ;D

Candedus
Regular

#7 Post by Candedus »

Good luck ^ o ^

btw, your art is cute = D

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#8 Post by SilverxBlue »

Glad this one is back up again, will look forward to this!
Good luck~ :)
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

stellacisem
Regular

#9 Post by stellacisem »

a very interesting otome VN! :D I really liked the sound of this. I'd be glad if I can be of help. Hope to see this progressing all good!
I waited for [more than] ten years, eleven months, thirty days, 12 hours and 26 minutes. then i finally had to admit i wasn't getting an acceptance letter from Hogwarts.

EternalDream
Veteran

#10 Post by EternalDream »

Candedus wrote:Good luck ^ o ^
btw, your art is cute = D
SilverxBlue wrote:Glad this one is back up again, will look forward to this!
Good luck~ :)
Thank you~ I will try my best to not make this on hiatus again ><
stellacisem wrote:a very interesting otome VN! :D I really liked the sound of this. I'd be glad if I can be of help. Hope to see this progressing all good!
Ah so glad you find it interesting /@v@/ Well, maybe when the game is almost complete you can help me beta test it? =>

stellacisem
Regular

#11 Post by stellacisem »

EternalDream wrote:
stellacisem wrote:a very interesting otome VN! :D I really liked the sound of this. I'd be glad if I can be of help. Hope to see this progressing all good!
Ah so glad you find it interesting /@v@/ Well, maybe when the game is almost complete you can help me beta test it? =>
Sure, I'd love to! :D
I waited for [more than] ten years, eleven months, thirty days, 12 hours and 26 minutes. then i finally had to admit i wasn't getting an acceptance letter from Hogwarts.

EternalDream
Veteran

#12 Post by EternalDream »

@ stellacisem: yay : D

I'm going to actually start working on this project now that I'm out of school. I'll be updating it with sketches soon... after I recover from my horrible exams lol

EternalDream
Veteran

#13 Post by EternalDream »

Um... I got busy again recently (sorry!) >< But I will try my best to work on this~
Anyways, did a rough sketch of obtainable guy number one. Meet Jay~ Really small picture because it if you look at it closer it's extremely messy haha. I guess I'll just call this concept art.

I'm only going to add this one to the first post because I need to correct his name too. I'll be uploading the rest of the headshots like this little by little and when I'm done with all of them I'll edit them into my first post. =v=/

Death_HUG
Veteran
Projects: A Mysterious Note

#14 Post by Death_HUG »

Wah! Jay looks really cool! Your art is so nice~.*-* Your story sounds really cool too. Just wondering, does Jay know any Korean?

mcandy
Regular
Projects: ~Lucky~ (GxB)

#15 Post by mcandy »

YAY gender bender!!! XD Hopefully you can finish sooon!
Working On VN Projects!
Check them out!
~Lucky~ (GxB) - Romance, Mystery, Comedy, Slice of life, School
Who is He?!(GxB) - Romance, mystery, comedy, school

MY DEVIANTART PROF!
Click here~!-You can view all of my artworks here :3