Sound Effects

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

Sound Effects

#1 Post by ririruetoo »

I am in need of sound effects for the visual novel I'm working on Him and Me. Yet all the sound effects I've found have been a. Way too short
b.Not what I need c. terrible sound quality.

Can anyone help me out here? Like a good sound effect for walking home in the evening ( birds chirping, crow cawing) and at night ( wind blowing) or stuff at school ( bell ringing) and random stuff ( being smacked into noises, doors opening/closing) stuff like that. (^_^) I look forward from hearing from you!

-Ririrue

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

Re: Sound Effects

#2 Post by Camille »

Have you tried the Free Sound Project?

Kimiko
Regular

#3 Post by Kimiko »

There are a lot of sites, e.g. SoundJay, Soundbible, FindSounds or - like Camille already mentioned above - the Freesound Project.
Just google "Free Sounds" or "Free SFX" and you'll find something! ^-^
I'm going to smile like nothing's wrong. Talk like everything's perfect, act like it’s all a dream and pretend it's not hurting me.

Sexo Grammaticus
Regular
Projects: human instrumentality and vocals section

#4 Post by Sexo Grammaticus »

Every town has a glut of aspiring musicians. Find some friendly ones, borrow their microphones (and the musicians if they're into sound engineering / want producer credits / are stoned / are bored / are all of the previous) and foley the things you want yourself. It's not as hard as you think it is and you'll get exactly what you need.
i have no signature and i must obscure game reference

pondrthis
Veteran
Completed: G-Senjou no Maou Translation

#5 Post by pondrthis »

Sexo Grammaticus wrote:Every town has a glut of aspiring musicians. Find some friendly ones, borrow their microphones (and the musicians if they're into sound engineering / want producer credits / are stoned / are bored / are all of the previous) and foley the things you want yourself. It's not as hard as you think it is and you'll get exactly what you need.

It's way harder than recording music. I personally would have said, "It's harder than you think it is."

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#6 Post by manga_otaku »

I've got most of my BGM and SFX from here. I'm not sure if this is what you wanted though xD
I also use the links off wiki.renai.us
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]