Demonic Harmony (GxB otome) WIP (ON PAUSE)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Mickychi
Veteran
Projects: Current: Prologue: Caged Bird

Demonic Harmony (GxB otome) WIP (ON PAUSE)

#1 Post by Mickychi »

Hi this is the first game I plan to make with renpy hopefully it will be good, If anybody wants to help with something I would gladly appreciate it and will credit you. I need to find someone to make sprites, backgrounds, maybe music, and maybe someone to help me write the story/dialouge. I plan to make this game into two or three parts depending how it goes, if it turns out good I might even make a series of it.

I put together this logo for Demonic Harmony Melody in about 15 minutes so please don't comment anything bad about it.

I don’t see why it matters
Whatever race we are
Weather that race is holy or demonic
Arguing is pointless
After all
Light needs darkness
And darkness needs light
Or the balance will crumble and along will we go with it

Summary:
You play as a young girl who seems about the age of Seventeen going to a new school , but this school is different than normal schools because it’s the best school that teaches all races Holy or Demonic. As you go along you will meet all kinds of people, it’s your choice to decide which route you’ll choose which will lead you to different situations and places. Also along the way you will learn more about the character you play as and her past.

Races:
Humans:
Beings which can either be Holy or Demonic Being depending on their decisions in life, they have few with abilities to learn high level magic but most are on some level of skill with fighting with a weapon.
Angels:
Holy Beings who have been at war with Demons for the past hundred years but have recently stopped due to a truce with certain agreements. Their life span is much longer than most other races only on head to head with a Demons life span in between 1200 to 2000 years.
Demons:
Demonic Beings who have been at war with Angels for the past hundred years but have recently stopped due to a truce with certain agreements. Their life span is much longer than most other races only on head to head with an Angles life span in between 1200 to 2000 years.
Elves:
Like Humans Elves can either be Holy or Demonic Being depending on their decisions in life, Holy Elves are known as just Elves while Demonic Elves are known as Dark Elves. Their life span is in between about 300 to 500 years.
Animara:
A Being that looks human but has animal features like a tail or ears, depending on the type of animal one is, is how you can tell whether their a Holy or Demonic Being. Their life span is between 100 to 300 years depending on the type of animal.

Characters
Tsuki (name might change later)
The protagonist of the game and who you play as, she is headstrong, smart, mostly calm and peaceful unlike others who always are arguing weather holy beings or demonic beings are better.

Sebastian Harran
An angle that looks about eighteen years old in human years, like most angels he doesn’t like demons in fact he hates them with a passion especially Kuro Exvarai. Lots of Angel students look up to him and adore him due to his magic level and fighting skills.

Kuro Exvarai
A demon who looks eighteen years old in human years, he absolutely hates Angels especially Sebastian Haran. He is a powerful Demon who is looked up to by many other demons.

Ryan Aku
A seventeen year old human who attends the school, he doesn’t have the ability to use magic but is trained with a sword.

Hannah Akume
A sixteen year old looking Angel who adores Sebastian greatly, she is often seen with Thorn.

Thorn Vivara
A sixteen year old looking Demon who adores Kuro, she is often seen with Hannah.

Van Xagaran
A sixteen year old looking Demon, he doesn't cara about Angels like other Demons do as long as they stay away from him when he doesn't feel compertable.

Ferkye Avasle
A Wolf Animara who looks nineteen years old in human years, he is an easy going guy who just wants to have fun and become as strong as he can.

Sora Avasle
A Wolf Animara who looks twelve, she is Ferkye's younger sister and loves to follow him around and tease him whenever she gets the chance to.
(More infomation to come)

Please leave a comment

Progress so far:
Story: 10%
Coding: 8% (Only the words)
Sprites: 4% (Being done by my artist Version)
Backgrounds: 0%
Music: 0%

Statistics (So far):

The game contains 459 screens of dialogue.
These screens contain a total of 4,371 words,
for an average of 9.5 words per screen.
The game contains 14 menus.
Last edited by Mickychi on Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:38 am, edited 10 times in total.
Check out my WIP Prologue: Caged Bird!

LadyAvori
Regular

Re: Demonic Harmony (GxB otome)

#2 Post by LadyAvori »

I just needed to point out two things.

I found it a little difficult to read Demonic Harmony on the logo. I like it over all but once I got to the Angel's side of the logo there is a lot going on back there that interferes with the words. I really like the text you chose though. Maybe just mute the colors in the background to make the words stand out a little more, or simplify the feathers in the Angel wing to limit the interference.

Also you are misspelling Angel.

Other than that, I really like your idea and can't wait :)

Nekosousei
Regular
Projects: Scattered Starlight Dating Sim (GxB, GxG)
Organization: Neko Sousei

#3 Post by Nekosousei »

Wow this looks realli interesting, I can't wait!

I love demons :D

Taleweaver
Writing Maniac
Completed: Metropolitan Blues, The Loyal Kinsman, Daemonophilia, The Dreaming, The Thirteenth Year, Adrift, Bionic Heart 2, Secrets of the Wolf, The Photographer
Projects: The Pilgrim's Path, Elspeth's Garden, Secret Adventure Game!
Organization: Tall Tales Productions

#4 Post by Taleweaver »

Is it just me or does the logo read "Demonic Harmoney"?

What's "Harmoney"? Is that money you get for making a pirate laugh? :)
Scriptwriter and producer of Metropolitan Blues
Creator of The Loyal Kinsman
Scriptwriter and director of Daemonophilia
Scriptwriter and director of The Dreaming
Scriptwriter of Zenith Chronicles
Scriptwriter and director of The Thirteenth Year
Scriptwriter and director of Romance is Dead
Scriptwriter and producer of Adrift
More about me in my blog
"Adrift - Like Ever17, but without the Deus Ex Machina" - HigurashiKira

Mickychi
Veteran

#5 Post by Mickychi »

LadyAvori: Its the logo readable now and thank you for pointing out that Angels was spelled Angles.

Nekosousei: Thanks really appreciate feedback.

Taleweaver: Ahaha thanks for pointing out the spelling mistake I fixed it now.

Showsni
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Showsni »

Whilst we're pointing out spelling mistakes, "Elf's" shouldn't have an apostrophe; the plural is elves.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#7 Post by Riviera »

More spelling..
Angles:
Holy Beings who have been at war with Demons for the past hundred years but have recently stopped due to a truce with certain agreements. Their life span is much longer than most other races only on head to head with a Demons life span in between 1200 to 2000 years.
Sebastian Harran
A angle that looks about eighteen years old in human years, like most angels he doesn’t like demons in fact he hates them with a passion especially Kuro Exvarai. Lots of Angel students look up to him and adore him due to his magic level and fighting skills.
*angel

It'd also be an angel.
Kuro Exvarai
A demon who looks eighteen years old in human years, he absolutely hates Angels especially Sebastian Haran. He is a powerful Demon who is looked up upon by many other demons.
*who is looked up to by*

Other than that, it has potential! Could be interesting.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Mickychi
Veteran

#8 Post by Mickychi »

Showsni: Thanks I knew something wasn't right with Elf's but it was just one of those momments where the correct word is on tip of your tounge but you can't remember.
Riviera:Thanks for pointing out mistakes.

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Riviera »

Mickychi wrote:Showsni: Thanks I knew something wasn't right with Elf's but it was just one of those momments where the correct word is on tip of your tounge but you can't remember.
Riviera:Thanks for pointing out mistakes.
No problem. Let me know if you need any proofreading help with the game, or just have questions about spelling/grammar type issues. :)

Mickychi
Veteran

#10 Post by Mickychi »

Riviera: Ah okay thanks for the offer I might get you to proof read over some things when I write more of the story, when I need you to do this I'll pm you is that okay?

Kairyn
Projects: Kingdom's fate

#11 Post by Kairyn »

Well maybe I could help you with the story or dialogue. I could also do quick sketchs of your characters, and even sprites, but I'm not that good with CG if you're planning to include them. :)

Mickychi
Veteran

#12 Post by Mickychi »

Kairyn: Okay I'll pm you if I need any help, and any chance that you can send me a example of your work so I can see if it's the type of style I want.

Kairyn
Projects: Kingdom's fate

#13 Post by Kairyn »

Well, can't find my scanner's cable at the moment so I'll have to show you some old work..
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... stScan.png
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... ineart.png
http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb4 ... nished.png
The last lineart is not mine, it's just to show you better how I color.

LadyAvori
Regular

#14 Post by LadyAvori »

Yes, it is much easier to read now! And I tend to misspell angels the same way when I'm typing to fast. The stupid L always wants to come first :P

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Riviera »

Mickychi wrote:Riviera: Ah okay thanks for the offer I might get you to proof read over some things when I write more of the story, when I need you to do this I'll pm you is that okay?
Sure, that's fine :D