[BL]Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

[BL]Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells

#1 Post by Hayzel »

Echo
Legend of the Centennial Bells

(Formerly Lost Dreams)[/left]
[/right]Overall Plot Summary:
Keith Summers is your average nineteen year old guy attending Southern Bell Academy, a private vocational school for boys. There he is studying to become a great chef so that one day he can open a bakery and sell cakes, his childhood dream. Now in his second year, certain events have lead him to fall in love with one of his friends or even someone unexpected. Unknown to him, every time he resolves his feelings with another his world resets anew, so he is forever without lasting love. What has he done to suffer such a fate?

Episode 1. A Lost Truth
Ready for a new year of school, Keith's all geared up and ready to go, that is until he finds out his parents will be unable to send him any money while on their vacation. Wanting to show his responsibility, he gets a job through Derek, a friend from school who mostly keeps to himself. With the two suddenly spending time together, can Keith get his friend to open up to him? And if he does, what secrets will come out.

Team:
Writer: Hayzel
CG + Sprites: Cinerous
Music: Konna
Editors: Miyuki / DarkSpartan / Vally
Special Graphics: Hijiri

Progress:
Written: 100%
Re-Write: 0%
Art: 1%
Edited: 100%
BG: 90%
Music:80%
Completed: 61.83%

Some Screen Shots:

Characters
Keith Summers
"Just another fresh start y'know"
At nineteen, Keith is your average down to earth guy. He tends to be outgoing, stubborn and energetic, often having trouble focusing. Despite his stubbornness he has a hard time saying no to his friends or other's that need help. He also has cannot stand to see people treat other's badly.

Sky Valentine
"I sort of envy him... I wish I could be that free."
Sky was assigned as Keith's upperclassman during orientation for his first year at campus. Since then the two have become best friends. Though twenty, he is still easily manipulated by his father and when on campus where others might be watching he acts calm and serious. He studies in his father's economics department. In private he doesn't mind cutting loose a little.

Ray Hart
"Yup. I know you so well I can manipulate your hero complex."
When Keith turned eleven, Ray moved into the house next door and the two became fast friends. Together, they were inseparable until Keith went off to Southland Academy a year ago. Now that he's eighteen, he has come to be with his childhood friend and study Culinary Arts so that he may one day be abel to cater for Keith's cakes. He's somewhat shy at first glance but has somewhat of a strong will.

John Smith
"Hmph. I will do as I please. "
A student Keith's age with the (poor) alias of John Smith. It is rumored he belongs to royalty, the son of a foreign diplomat or in witness protection...though because of his attitude no one gets close enough to him to find out.

Kazuma Honda
"It is a great privilege to share history and customs and experiences with different people from around the world."
An exchange student of twenty that studies abroad for his history degree. He is studios and always eager to learn something new about the customs of the region is in. Kazauma also enjoys going out to public events and hangouts to see how they differ from his home country.

Fredrick Perry
"Heh. You’ve got some nerve brat to talk to a teacher like that. You should speak to grown men with proper respect.."
A stern man of twenty-eight that doubles as a professor of Anatomy and of English. He does not like to see his students fail and strives to help them succeed on through their own means. He's also a stickler for proper grammar.

Derek Bright
"I will do my best."
Having been orphaned at the age of sixteen, he worked hard to earn a scholarship to Southland Academy. Now nineteen and wanting to fulfill the promise of graduating from college that he made to his parents, he lives from pay check to pay check to support himself. Around people he is outgoing and cheerful, but alone he is quite introverted.
Last edited by Hayzel on Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:33 pm, edited 70 times in total.

IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

Re: Lost Dreams [WIP- BxB Novel][Update 6/27]

#2 Post by IonicMomo »

I'm baffled as to why this has received no response yet, especially given the relative shortage of indie BL games in English. I think the premise is cute, at least a few of the love interests seem intriguing (although there are a lot!), and I like the character concept you have for Keith. (Some people might say that it's unrealistic to have a world where pretty much everyone seems gay, but honestly there's a lot less realism in stuff like GTA.) Anyway, it looks charming, and I look forward to your progress!

I'm curious as to how you're going to structure this. Based on the chapter listing, it looks like the MC is going to interact with/have a story with a different person in each chapter?

(Orion is an anthro geek? XD I'm an anthropology major too, so that's kind of funny. Do vocational schools really work like this--you can major in things like economics and history? I don't have any experience with vocational schooling myself, but most of the ones around where I live are two-year "career colleges" that teach skills like welding and auto repair rather than liberal arts. But things might be different wherever you are.)
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#3 Post by Hayzel »

I'm so glad someone finally commented <3! Oh wow we live in the same state too. You must have caught one of my waves X3 Yes Keith gets a chapter with each of the characters in each chapter. It's sort of run like if a dating SIM was unraveled, so his action as at the beginning of each chapter changes the outcome. There are also other instances in which things change just to keep him from running into someone more than once. Yes Orion is an anthropologist, but that's cause he needs a cover and his specialty is obviously greek mythology. Vocational schools prepare people for jobs, usually low key, so I made it into a Private school so it would fit my means. They also focus on general education too. So I put a spin on something I guess XD

Hayzel
Veteran

#5 Post by Hayzel »

armornick wrote:Oh my, reverse Strawberry Panic :D
Sounds interesting so far.
Strawberry what? And thank you.

armornick
Regular

#6 Post by armornick »

Well, Strawberry Panic is about a girls-only school filled with lesbians. I really recommend it for yuri-lovers. It's a parody, but it's really good for a parody.

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#7 Post by RemnantDream »

Why am I just now finding this? It looks like it'll be really good. I already like Lucian :3 And personally, I think the world needs more BL.
Good luck with this. I'll be looking forward to this.

Hayzel
Veteran

#8 Post by Hayzel »

Thank you guys so much <3 I'm happy to be getting support <3

IonicMomo
Regular
Completed: Mail Order Bride
Projects: Untitled GxB game

#9 Post by IonicMomo »

So you're from the mitten too, eh? I don't even know how I missed that earlier!

Anyway, from what you describe, the structure of the story seems really unique. I don't think I've ever seen a VN done that way before, where you really do play out a whole arc with each character. (Then again, I don't play very many VNs...) It actually seems like an interesting method to juggle a lot of potential love interests while still giving them all some depth and a share of the story. Are the last few chapters "Keith/???" because the identity of "???" depends on the choices you make in the previous chapters?
Current Project: Untitled GxB Game, Untitled NaNoRenO 2011
Completed Projects: Mail Order Bride

Hayzel
Veteran

#10 Post by Hayzel »

IonicMomo wrote:So you're from the mitten too, eh? I don't even know how I missed that earlier!

Anyway, from what you describe, the structure of the story seems really unique. I don't think I've ever seen a VN done that way before, where you really do play out a whole arc with each character. (Then again, I don't play very many VNs...) It actually seems like an interesting method to juggle a lot of potential love interests while still giving them all some depth and a share of the story. Are the last few chapters "Keith/???" because the identity of "???" depends on the choices you make in the previous chapters?
Mitten = Love

You don't make any choices haha XD The last ones are ??? cause they are spoilers if I say who they are.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Lost Dreams [WIP- BxB Novel][Update 6/29]

#11 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Ah, so it is a kinetic novel. I suppose that makes it easier to structure the arcs.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: Lost Dreams [WIP- BxB Novel][Update 6/30]

#12 Post by teacup »

A BL kinetic novel!! I'm definitely curious about Edward, Orion and Lucian. And I'm interested to see how the other characters are involved in the story too. This looks very promising :)

Hayzel
Veteran

Re: Lost Dreams [WIP- BxB Novel][Update 6/30]

#13 Post by Hayzel »

teacup wrote:A BL kinetic novel!! I'm definitely curious about Edward, Orion and Lucian. And I'm interested to see how the other characters are involved in the story too. This looks very promising :)
Thank you so much <3 XD I figured the most obscure ones would be most popular XD

Hayzel
Veteran

Re: Lost Dreams [WIP- BxB Novel][Update 7/2]

#14 Post by Hayzel »

Since my artist is being slow with art I decided to treat everyone to a pin up/teaser of Keith that I drew. I'm not good as LiLi is XC.
To explain, if you notice his tag it has a crudely sewn in sun that his mother sews in so he doesn't get his boxers mixed in with others when he does is laundry.

Hayzel
Veteran

Re: Lost Dreams [WIP- BxB Novel][Update 7/7][Character Game

#15 Post by Hayzel »

!!!!!!!!!!! Title screen <3 And the logo, I love the logo. Yes it's simple but so is Keith!
Anyway I hope you see that I've started a little game up there. I love answering questions and it assists in character development. I'm getting closed to getting halfway through the first game in the writing and my artist is working super hard! Unfortunately my editors have gone missing for the moment haha.