Photoshop Help

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

Re: Photoshop Help

#16 Post by mugenjohncel »

Ventara wrote:6.) Do you have any tips for a photoshop user? Stuff that made you go "Ohhh" or would've been really useful had you known earlier.
In worse case scenario that your Photoshop installation becomes corrupt or unresponsive or simply won't run due to something being messed up... you can do this...

After you press and run photoshop (all versions) immediately Press and hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT... this will give you a prompt asking you if you want to delete All Settings... Answering YES will revert photoshop back to it's factory defaults and will fix most photoshop startup problems...

"POOF" (Disappears)

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#17 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

1. There are a number of ways to do it, but all of them are rather fiddly/time consuming at some point. I dearly wish there was a trick to it too. There is the way you are doing it, there is the use of paint bucket tool but you have to have very complete line work, there is the way where you paint the inside of your character fully with one colour and than use a mask or a selection tool to keep the colouring within that colour (you can do the opposite with the background and delete the selection). At some point you always have to define where the edges of the picture are.

2. When you press Ctrl+T you can either rotate freely from the corner OR if you want to be precise you can rotate a specific amount of degrees. After you press Ctrl+T go to the top of the screen and you will see a number of variables. The third set (fifth box) controls the angles (you will see the degree sign). Simply type in the degree and press enter. Done.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#18 Post by LVUER »

mugenjohncel wrote:
Ventara wrote:6.) Do you have any tips for a photoshop user? Stuff that made you go "Ohhh" or would've been really useful had you known earlier.
In worse case scenario that your Photoshop installation becomes corrupt or unresponsive or simply won't run due to something being messed up... you can do this...

After you press and run photoshop (all versions) immediately Press and hold CTRL+ALT+SHIFT... this will give you a prompt asking you if you want to delete All Settings... Answering YES will revert photoshop back to it's factory defaults and will fix most photoshop startup problems...

"POOF" (Disappears)
Oooohh! O_O I never know about this... Thanks, uncle Mugen.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

AxemRed
Veteran

#19 Post by AxemRed »

Ventara wrote:1.) I've seen some people on youtube colouring hair in a much more efficient way than I am. It looks like they outline the hair, delete the background, colour messily, and then do something that deletes all the colour outside the hair. Right now, what I'm doing is just colouring messily, and then slowly going around erasing outside the hair. Is there a better way to colour (like what I've seen on the youtube vids)?
1. Magic wand [W]
2. Select area inside hair in the line art layer ("Refine Edges" if needed)
3. Invert selection [Ctrl+I]
4. Select the hair color layer
5. [Delete]

0ion9
Regular

#20 Post by 0ion9 »

1. That's just a matter of the lineart. If all your lines are properly closed (ie there are no gaps where white bleeds out -- all areas are enclosed.), then it's pretty easy to select the area that isn't the character -- you just use the magic wand (Fuzzy select in GIMP -- I actually have never used PS)
to select that area, on the lineart layer, then you switch to the color layer and clear that area (Edit->Clear in GIMP. IIRC it's also in the Edit menu in PS)