Torque Engine get massive upgrade..

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
Eiji
Regular

Torque Engine get massive upgrade..

#1 Post by Eiji »

get an eyefull of this gang...
I was hanging around the Garagegames.com site a week ago.. and stumbled onto this in their news section.
seems they now have a "shader engine" that costs 150 extra (you must have the starter SDK first).
from the looks of it.. its a rather nice upgrade.. so check it out..

http://www.garagegames.com/pg/product/view.php?id=28

the screenies are OUTRAGEOUS! and I think its more than worth the money for it.. (i've seen something on the site too for a "RPG Dialouge box" for Torque)..

Jerails
Veteran

#2 Post by Jerails »

Totally sweet. From the looks of it though, a commercial liscence won't be out for a while.
It's been a while, folks!

Eiji
Regular

#3 Post by Eiji »

Totally sweet. From the looks of it though, a commercial liscence won't be out for a while.
yeah.. I saw the screenies.. and they look PRO grade too..
I dont know if my friends and me will go with it for our MMOG.. but we could add scripts to do that ourselves.

however, you could (in theory) make a ren'ai game with a FF X-2 stlye interface...

Jerails
Veteran

#4 Post by Jerails »

Does that include a complete war-drobe set to choose from with different skills and abilities for each? :lol:
It's been a while, folks!

Eiji
Regular

#5 Post by Eiji »

Does that include a complete war-drobe set to choose from with different skills and abilities for each?
no.. its just the engine and scripting to make things like water, reflective surfaces and refractions (like looking thru a ghost).

things like wardrobe and skills get put in the scripting section.. and are NOT part of the engine.