Seeking programmer :UU

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Pyonkotchi
Veteran
Projects: Magical Warrior Diamond Heart, unLucky Love, Phantom Thief Asterism
Tumblr: magicalwarriordiamondheart
Deviantart: PastelPyon
itch: Pyonkotchi

Seeking programmer :UU

#1 Post by Pyonkotchi »

for my project, Memory;Eternity. (link in sig :U)
One should be familiar with the Ren'Py engine and Python all that good stuff someone who knows what they're doing, cuz god knows I don't :D

I did a little bit of what I could do on my own, but there is only so much that a little pyonbutt can dooooo~ :<
Basically I wanna have things like Turn-Based battles, Stats screen, Inventory and shop and such. /oh god I feel like I'm asking for a lot >3<
I'll explain it in moar detail if ya agree lolderp :>

I also hope to find a nice BG artist, I was gonna use free resources, but its hard to find nice, fantasy bgs, and the ones I do, are from like, 7 different sources, and frankly, having so many styles of BG just doesn't look that good :<

I guess I'm looking for fantasy type backgrounds,
I need someone capable of making things like castles, caverns, dungeons, temples, flowery meadows, snowy mountains, etc.

Basically the stuff probably find in a typical fantasy set game.

I don't really care if its 3D rendered or hand drawn. as long as its consistent, (and meshes with the sprites well >3>)
I'm really not confident in my BG drawing abilities. not yet, so i'd *prefer* full done ones, but If I must, then i guess ill try to help the best of my abilities n_n;;

EDIT: FOUND ONE :'D

I can't pay. there I said it, but I swear, if there is anything I can do please don't hesitate to ask, I'll seriously owe you one ;3;
Last edited by Pyonkotchi on Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 pm, edited 6 times in total.

lolwtfalicia

Re: Seeking programmer and if possible, BG artist

#2 Post by lolwtfalicia »

What kind of backgrounds are you looking for? It would be great if you could supply a list of BGs that you need along with some references. This will help people decide if they want to help you, and if it's within their capability to help you.

As for me, I'm willing to help, if I can. I've been using Google Sketch-Up to make furniture sets and rooms lately, and while I'm not particularly great with things that are extremely asymmetrical, I can definitely give it a shot. If I can't do it in the program, I can use a reference image to do line-art. Also, did you just want line-art or did you want it colored? I ask this because you're an artist that is pretty capable and you might want to do it yourself.

TL;DR: Give me a list and I'll see what I can do. I will tell you straight-up whether or not I'm able. (:

Pyonkotchi
Veteran

#3 Post by Pyonkotchi »

so I herd I edited the first post <_>

lolwtfalicia

#4 Post by lolwtfalicia »

I think it will be a challenge for me, particularly the organic types, but there are plenty of resources that I can use to help me out. I will need a crap-ton of references, but I don't mind searching the internet and helping you out with things like that. I will PM you and send you some examples of what I'm working on at the moment. (:

Even if it doesn't work out then I wish you the best of luck. The game seems really interestinggggg.

Pyonkotchi
Veteran

Re: Seeking programmer :UU

#5 Post by Pyonkotchi »

W00t! still looking for a Programmer though,

I edited the first post agaiiinnn, I forgot to add some more details lolderp B|

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

Re: Seeking programmer :UU

#6 Post by Greeny »

I might be willing to work with you as a programmer, but I'll need to know exactly what I'm getting into:
- What kind of deadline are we looking at? How long do you expect to be in development?
- How much of the project is finished right now?
- Do you need a programmer for gameplay (those things you mentioned) or also for graphics (coding the GUI) and script (say statements, menus)?
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter