[WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 7/20/2011+poll!

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: [WIP GxB] Machina Jewel | first post updated 6/20/2011

#106 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

o.o... You even make my sketches look amazing. I'm just going to hand everything over to you to be prettified from now on.

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#107 Post by Aleema »

Fff, that coloring is crazy good. :( I wish I had her coloring skills.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#108 Post by Camille »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:o.o... You even make my sketches look amazing. I'm just going to hand everything over to you to be prettified from now on.
Pffft! You make it sound like that's hard. XD Not hard to make a nice-looking teaser when the sketches were so pretty to begin with! (someday I will stop abusing old paper and watercolor textures... that day is not today...)

I still have to open up Yukinari's sketch and stare at it every so often, he's so fluffy and cuuuuute. ;3; So excited to work on BCM, haha.
Aleema wrote:Fff, that coloring is crazy good. :( I wish I had her coloring skills.
Me too. T_T She really improved once she got into art school. (she's at SVA in New York now) Apparently taking all those painting classes actually improves your digital art, too, because you get a better feel for how coloring/blending is supposed to work. Anyway, that's why I have to kick her every time she's belittling her art. |D

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#109 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Just wanted to say I'm totally following this and EEEK you have voice actors! *_*

So excited!

carlyxjack
Completed: none
Projects: only one

#110 Post by carlyxjack »

The art and the storyline are gorgeous. I specifically like the fact that the heroine is a strongwilled girl.
I really wanna play the game already ><

Celestie
Veteran

#111 Post by Celestie »

Camille wrote: Me too. T_T She really improved once she got into art school. (she's at SVA in New York now) Apparently taking all those painting classes actually improves your digital art, too, because you get a better feel for how coloring/blending is supposed to work. Anyway, that's why I have to kick her every time she's belittling her art. |D
...maybe I should join art classes, too. I eman, I have enough problems with poses and coloring, too....o_O

Ahem, intelligent girls can be sacastic, too or that is what I believe (and my friend is a living example, unfortunately it's difficult to judge her now) I think no matter what, I'll fill up sarcasm. xDDD

Yay, PayPal took the entire 4 days to fill up my account. Now if I don't decide to use up what I have left after buying Dengeki Girls Style July, I have enough to donate once you take donations :3 no, I am totally not trying to suck up to you or anything- *is shot*

WHO DOESN'T WANT TO PAIR UP PWETTY BOYS?! *A* So after MJ I know exactly what I'll be stalking~
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

shwippie
Regular
Completed: Double Romance
Projects: Rolland's Candy Shop. Mitzi's Fable
Tumblr: shwippie
Deviantart: shwippie

#112 Post by shwippie »

Oh wow, this does seem really different in terms of concept :D I like it a lot! And the art is so pretty and suits the story well *w* looking forward to this~
Image Image Image

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#113 Post by Camille »

Aww, thanks for all the nice comments. We've worked really hard to make Charlene a unique and relatable heroine and I think, as far as pure GxB games go, that we've got something different here. I hope that all fans of romance and a decent mystery will enjoy our game when it's done in the winter. :3

@Celestie: Haha, in MJ, intelligence and sarcasm tend to go hand in hand. Eloquence and kindness also tend to go hand in hand. Just a hint~~ Technically donations are already open (you can click the button on our Khobi site, just leave a note telling us who you are. That way when the game comes out, if you donated enough to get the walkthrough and/or expansion, we can send it to you then. *_* I hope you enjoy BCM, too, then. That game should probably be done by late spring of 2012. (seems so far away when I put it like that...)

I thought I'd reveal some more about the guys today since the descriptions are so bare. I filled out this character sheet for each of them, but obviously there's a lot of spoilers, so i'm only posting the first part of the sheet and
-censoring all the spoilers that are still in the "basic info" parts. I hope everyone loves them as much as we do. As usual, they are in order of appearance (story-wise). Azhar is pretty much a walking spoiler, but I'll try to give a little insight as to his character. XD ...actually, Alonzo's even worse, huh...

Name: Lucien James Ashdown
Designation: The son of the Duke of Edinburgh, a university student and Charlene’s tutor.
Positive Traits: He’s intelligent, honest, and generally altruistic. Despite how he may sometimes act, Lucien is kind, honorable, and wishes to do the right thing.
Negative Traits: He’s blunt, idealistic, and sometimes has trouble seeing the “bigger picture”. Lucien can also seriously hold a grudge.
Ego flaw: His idealism. Though he truly wishes to be a good prime minister and work for the people,
Ambition: He wants to be the prime minister of Windsor, which would make him second only to the king.
Interesting facts: He loves animals, especially cute ones. Though to say that he has a "soft side" is stretching it a bit, he is gentle with animals. Lucien is also the type who would dote on his daughter if he had one.

Name: Tetsuyoshi Nakajima
Designation: A foreign student from Hapon studying abroad in Windsor for his last year of secondary school.
Positive Traits: He’s honorable, trusting, and kind. Tetsuyoshi also tries hard to please.
Negative Traits: He’s critical of others, very old-fashioned, and tends to blame other people for his own problems.
Ego flaw: His pride/very strong honor and dignity. Pride cometh before the fall? Also his white knight complex.
Ambition: He wants to escape his “family”, both his controlling mother and his distant father. Deep down, however, what he really wants is to be
Interesting facts: Tetsuyoshi's extremely afraid of technology, particularly steam technology. He still freaks out whenever the steam post (mail) comes and Sergei (his roommate) has to snap him out of it.

Name: Azhar Ibn-Ghalib
Designation: The premier pianist for the Rose of Windsor, an underworld information dealer, and
Positive Traits: He’s eloquent, generous, and loyal. Though he’s good at lying, Azhar never breaks a promise. He’s also very patient, calm, and good with kids.
Negative Traits: He’s possessive, somewhat selfish, and holds grudges forever and ever and ever. Azhar is also very guarded and generally distrustful of others.
Ego flaw: His loyalty. His deep love for a person can change to deep hatred and he’ll have no qualms about killing said person in that case. Though he’s intelligent, once he believes something, it’s very hard to convince him otherwise.
Ambition: [ONE BIG FAT SPOILER! hint: it has something to do with revenge]
Interesting facts: Azhar is a super spendthrift. He owns only one outfit and blackmails (he prefers the term "casually brings up an incriminating story") the tailor into mending it for him. He doesn't actually get paid for his work at the Rose, just gets the bare minimum to survive, which is fine by him.

Name: Alonzo
Designation:
, the current pirate captain of the Neptune’s Jewel.
Positive/Traits: He’s upbeat, friendly, and brave. Alonzo also works very hard and is a kind-hearted leader.
Negative/Traits: He’s superstitious and always tries to run away from his problems. He also has no qualms in hurting others if it’s necessary for his goals.
Ego/flaw: His sense of leadership and loyalty. He will do anything for those he cares about, even at great cost to himself.
Ambition: He wants to atone for the mistakes he made in the past by
, but ultimately Alonzo would just like to escape Windsor and live a quiet life somewhere else after he
Interesting facts: Alonzo has a very close relationship with Jean and Carmine and joined the crew of the Neptune's Jewel as a cabin boy when he was only 12 years old. (he's 21 now, so you do the math) He can play the violin!

Any comments, questions, or concerns? :'D

PrettySammy09
Veteran

#114 Post by PrettySammy09 »

Just saying that if Alonso can play the violin, he's SO going to be my first playthrough. UH HELLO SEXY CLASSICAL MUSICIAN. 8DD

The characters look really awesome in general - really nice and well thought out. Lucien is also pretty appealing, just from all his little personality tid-bits.

EternalDream
Veteran
Completed: Secret Santa
Projects: Memory Lane

#115 Post by EternalDream »

I so want to be a beta tester but I don't have time these days QvQ
(Which is also the reason I don't comment often on this...)

But just dropping by to say that it's looking great!
After reading the descriptions, I think I'll be going after Azhar first~ <33

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran

#116 Post by Camille »

PrettySammy09 wrote:Just saying that if Alonso can play the violin, he's SO going to be my first playthrough. UH HELLO SEXY CLASSICAL MUSICIAN. 8DD

The characters look really awesome in general - really nice and well thought out. Lucien is also pretty appealing, just from all his little personality tid-bits.
Haha, all the guys can play instruments. Lucien plays violin, too, and Azhar plays piano (of course). We put a lot of thought into the characters, so I'm glad you find them awesome and appealing. ;; But yes, Alonzo is sexy. XD He's the overall favorite.
EternalDream wrote:After reading the descriptions, I think I'll be going after Azhar first~ <33
Azhar is my personal favorite, so I'm really glad to hear that, as he's generally been overlooked by fangirls so far. XD <3

Speaking of Alonzo, the voice actor sent in his lines for chapter one today so here's a preview of Alonzo's first appearance in the game, just because his voice actor was the first to send in his lines. Note: This is still a working preview--there are a few lines missing (mostly stuff I asked him to fix) and some volume issues. But hopefully this is a good look at what the story is like. FYI, he's voiced by Andrew Armstrong. (Andrew Armstrong as Alonzo... lots of A's!)

dubunny

#117 Post by dubunny »

shdfhush fangirling over alonzo's voice, he sounds handsome if that's possible which is totally fitting and LMFAO when he sees Charlene is a girl hahahaha. I love the music towards the end of the video too :')

@Celestie: Yep, it's Clive! I know, right? I love Clive fanart :)

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#118 Post by babyfish »

All I can say is, "Allons-y, Alonzo!" <3

Seriously, this looks absolutely beautiful so far, I can tell this is going to be an awesome game, and I have high expectations for it. :)

No pressure or anything, of course.
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#119 Post by azureXtwilight »

I want to volunteer as beta tester, I've been stalking this thread but I've got nothing constructive to say other than "awesome" TT_TT

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#120 Post by Aleema »

azureXtwilight wrote:I want to volunteer as beta tester, I've been stalking this thread but I've got nothing constructive to say other than "awesome" TT_TT
Yeah, that's why I'm barely posting, too. All I'd say is "guy with beads in his hair GUY WITH BEADS IN HIS HAIR"

Though, honestly, I do like the game and how it's coming along and your GUI makes me tingle (I luvz me a good button), but I have to say, I'm a little left wondering when I'm going to see the steampunk. It looks like an historical fantasy -- which I love -- but the steampunk aspects aren't really obvious. I mean, if you're doing a steampunk date sim, isn't a mechanic/inventor/cyborg love interest basically a requirement!? They're all just daper folk. ;_; WHERE'S THE ROBOT MONKEY? Where's the steeaam? The punnnnk? xD

Other than that, carry on. :)