Email- A Love and Horror Story

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

Email- A Love and Horror Story

#1 Post by Wright1000 »

A story about love and horror.

Story: Our protagonist is sad. His bride-to-be Emma just died. And he thinks that his friends and family doesn't really love him. They decide to send him to a holiday resort so that he can forget Emma. But on the train, he received an email from Emma. How is this possible? Play the game to find out.

Credits: Everything in this game was done by me alone.

Download: http://www.2shared.com/file/Nv20dYOG/Email-win32.html
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

Re: Email- A Love and Horror Story

#2 Post by GeneDNC »

This sounds interesting, but to be frank I would love to see some screenshots before I decide on downloading or not.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#3 Post by Wright1000 »

Sorry, but no.
The game is very short and I that is why I will not show any screen shots.
But the game is only 10 MB. So, don't be afraid to download.

ElviraNyx

#4 Post by ElviraNyx »

Aww, I felt kind of sad when
Emma Autumn died

I wanted the Story to go on just a little longer, It was a bit too short. It was nice though. :)

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#5 Post by RemnantDream »

Wright1000 wrote:Sorry, but no.
The game is very short and I that is why I will not show any screen shots.
How do you expect to draw in people if you don't show them anything? If it's so short, just show one screen shot. Or if you feel that's too much then at least put up the sprites. Anything at all is better than nothing and one short paragraph about the game.

fleet
Eileen-Class Veteran
Deviantart: fleetp

#6 Post by fleet »

@Wright1000.
I downloaded and played. It was a clever story. I agree with your decision to not upload a screen shot.
very respectfully,
fleet
Some of my visual novels are at http://www.the-new-lagoon.com. They are NSFW
Poorly done hand-drawn art is still poorly done art. Be a Poser (or better yet, use DAZ Studio 3D) - dare to be different.

wingzofdarkness
Regular
Completed: Lads in Distress (NaNoReNo16 demo), Straight Up: Sister-zoned!

#7 Post by wingzofdarkness »

RemnantDream wrote:How do you expect to draw in people if you don't show them anything? If it's so short, just show one screen shot. Or if you feel that's too much then at least put up the sprites. Anything at all is better than nothing and one short paragraph about the game.
I understand that you are someone who needs a visual in order to be coaxed into trying something out. Some people look for quality stories rather than art. Like fleet posted, it was a good idea that there was no screen shot of the game because it was respectful.

@Wright1000 I couldn't download the game because my firewall won't turn off. Is there another way you can upload this game?

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#8 Post by RemnantDream »

I just realized I may have come across as a bit critical, and I apologize. That was not my intention. When I said that, I was only saying that to help Wright. In this post, almost everyone that commented said that, to them, art was one of the most important things in a VN. I was just trying to state that maybe if he showed a bit of art, it might attract more people. I do respect his choice, but I was only trying to offer some advice. Again, I apologize if I came across as critical because I was only trying to help him :/

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#9 Post by Wright1000 »

If anyone wants to see a screen shot, before downloading the game, you can pm me and I will show you one or two.
But, since this is a very short game, I thought a screen shot will be a spoiler.

wingzofdarkness: Maybe something is wrong with your internet connection. Please try again. I will try to upload another version when I get time.

Applegate
Miko-Class Veteran

#10 Post by Applegate »

A definite improvement in the liveliness of writing. At first I thought your writing was mechanic, but this piece is obviously not so. Well done.

dstarsboy
Veteran

#11 Post by dstarsboy »

I am with RemnantDream and Gene on this one. I only have a very limited time to try out some games on these forums and when I do, I'd like to know I'm not wasting it on something that someone put no effort into or was just screwing around with.
Wright1000 wrote:If anyone wants to see a screen shot, before downloading the game, you can pm me and I will show you one or two.
But, since this is a very short game, I thought a screen shot will be a spoiler.
However, this was a great response and I'm definitely gonna try it tonight. Thanks for being so patient with us "visual coaxers" and keeping your cool. :)
Current Projects:
The Isle of St Marcus

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#12 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

well, IMVHO only the interactive fiction (aka text adventures) don't need screenshot, but I think that will be an interesting experiment posting some quotes from the text instead of screenshots.... :idea:

For the rest, my usual chagrin for the lack of an -linux or -all release... ;)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Wright1000 »

Sorry, but I can't release a linux or mac version just for one person.
If more people say that they want a linux or mac version, then I will upload, but not just for one person.

Silvere
Veteran
Projects: Dimaen - A drug just for you

#14 Post by Silvere »

Okay, downloaded it - But MSecurity Essentials is spitting out virus warnings. Nevertheless, I was cool(yeah!) and blocked that thing, playing the game:

This one was better than the old games.
Still, I think you should try not to repeat anything like for example: "I should check my Mails" -> "I open my Laptop to check my Mails." or something like that. It´s annoying - at least for me.
Additionally your English seems very simple, but that´s most likely because of you not being a native speaker. It was exactly that boring me throughout the game.

Oh - the scream! Holy! My ears :< I´m playing with headphones and the scream was definitely a LOT louder than the background music .___.

All in all there still is an improvement to see, so - Go on! :3

choklitchan
Regular

#15 Post by choklitchan »

Wright1000 wrote:Sorry, but I can't release a linux or mac version just for one person.
If more people say that they want a linux or mac version, then I will upload, but not just for one person.
I have a mac, and it worked fine for me. I just placed the game in the Game Directory where I put the VNs I'm working on, select the game on the launcher, and it played.
Finished:
Shrinkled
Mobile Food Madness (Polymorphic Games)
Works in Progress
The Truth of the Legends (Hiatus)