Opening themes, and soundtracks

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Ayato Vu
Regular

Opening themes, and soundtracks

#1 Post by Ayato Vu »

I'm just wondering, so please don't kill the curious cat ^.^

Is there any whay to pull opening themes from AVI? I was trying to get the OPs from Final Exam Kujira, when my computer crashed, and was acting glitchy... (Thank od for system restore! ^.^!!!!)

(I also tried buying from stores, but to no luck... as well as buying online... My parents feel buying something over the box is evil.... >.<)
If there isn;t any way, does someone have it? O.o

DrakeNavarone
Veteran
Completed: see sig below
Projects: always; never not
Organization: Team BG

#2 Post by DrakeNavarone »

you can try Virtual Dub Mod...

http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/

With that, you can open an .avi file, go to the stream list, and export the audio as a .wav file

Then all you'd need to do is convert it to whatever file type you prefer, and maybe cut out any extra audio somehow, for example if you exported the audio for the whole episode instead of just the intro...

I use Audacity for any audio editing, and it sorta works as a converter too. I usually open the .wav file, clip out the extra parts, and then export it as an .mp3 (I think it requires a plugin though, LameMP3 encoding or something...)

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

btw, both programs are completely free (and so is the LameMP3 thing, if you do need it...)

That's how I do things... There's probably other, more convenient methods out there, but I use both programs for other reasons too, and so I just make use with what I have instead of grabbing some other program or whatever...
http://www.twitter.com/drakeynv
The Compendium of Drake:
Starlit Sky ~ Songs of Araiah ~ Mirai Imouto ~ Temple Glen ~ Fuyu no Tabi

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by monele »

Not sure there's an easier way than with VDub :). Program is light on resources and rather easy to use. Oh btw, VirtualDub would be enough for this job (VirtualDubMod adds functionalities)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#4 Post by lordcloudx »

I personally prefer SUPER on the tools section of http://videohelp.com
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

Ayato Vu
Regular

#5 Post by Ayato Vu »

I love you guys ^.^ Ill tyr it lata and tell you how it goes ^.^

Quin
Regular

#6 Post by Quin »

Another option: If you have Goldwave, it opens the audio portion of .AVI files, and you can then save them in whatever regular audio file type you prefer.
I'm not sure if they still offer a minimally crippled evaluation version or not -- back when I downloaded it years ago, it allowed you to do 150 commands each time you ran the program before you would have to restart the program... and the task you'd use it for only takes about two commands. I actually ended up buying it and use it for everything from making MP3s from CDs to producing podcasts to mastering albums.

Ayato Vu
Regular

#7 Post by Ayato Vu »

Hm.. so far i am trying to mess around with virtual dub... (took me half an hour to find out I already had the program! DOH! XD)

But i have downloaded the other programs as well, hopefully, I can just use Virtualdub ^.^ (Saves me some room ^.^)

I just tried goldwave, and it Pwns! ^.^ Thanks Quin!

Quin
Regular

#8 Post by Quin »

I'm curious whether the latest evaluation version of Goldwave does or doesn't expire after X days. If it doesn't, I'd recommend it to anyone who needs a program to work with audio. (I imagine it's still limited to 150 commands a session, but that's more than enough for most people's purposes when working on games, and you can always restart it.) I couldn't find any mention of expiring on the site, so I'm not sure.