Looking for artist to collab on a 48-hr game this weekend

For recruitment of team members to help create visual novels and story-based games, and for people who want to offer their services to create the same.
Forum rules
Do not bump threads - post some new content instead.
Jake Elliott

Looking for artist to collab on a 48-hr game this weekend

#1 Post by Jake Elliott »

I'd like to make a short visual novel / game for the Mini-LD 48-hour game jam this weekend (July 29th-31). I'm not much of a visual artist, so for the last game I made I just used public domain photos (here's that game: http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 11&t=10920).

The theme of the game jam is "War." I'd like to make a short game about characters who are distantly affected by an ongoing war in another country. The game would mostly be conversation between characters & then between conversations the player would use the "day planner" mechanic to adjust how the war is going.

I'll do the programming & writing. We could collaborate on conceptualizing the story & the characters if you'd like, or I can just do that too & you can focus solely on the artwork. I'm imagining it'd just be two characters & one background, because of the time constraint.

If you're curious to try out any of the other games I've made before responding, you can find them on my website: http://cardboardcomputer.com/

EzzyAlpha
Regular

Re: Looking for artist to collab on a 48-hr game this weeken

#2 Post by EzzyAlpha »

I'm available but I'm not that good. You can check my deviantArt on my sig.

DaFool
Lemma-Class Veteran

#3 Post by DaFool »

Hmmm... your name sounds familiar... like some IGF finalist
(...oh wow I'm right on.)

War, huh? If this had been an LD game I'm pretty sure it would have won:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... =11&t=9456

Do you have an exact artistic style you're going for? Like, really rough to show the grittiness of war? If you post art samples it will help artists here if they want in.

Jake Elliott

#4 Post by Jake Elliott »

Ha, 'Ewe of the Falklands' is great -- thanks for linking that!

I'm not really looking for anything specific, just someone who wants to collaborate on this one short project over the weekend.
EzzyAlpha wrote:I'm available but I'm not that good. You can check my deviantArt on my sig.
Cool! I like this image a lot - http://diana-m.deviantart.com/art/Steam ... -185273469? - the kind of sketchy, simple storybook look :) Well yeah, if you're interested let's do it! The spirit of the Ludum Dare jam is that all the work happens in that 48-hour period this weekend. But we can brainstorm a bit between now & then I think :) Is there any kind of character/environment that you feel like you want to draw? The characters could be people; or they could be animals, robots, household appliances ...

EzzyAlpha
Regular

#5 Post by EzzyAlpha »

That image was made from a pencil sketch colored digitally. I couldn't do it again since my scanner is unusable but I could mock up something similar perhaps.

Not really. What were you imagining?

Jake Elliott

#6 Post by Jake Elliott »

Damn, it doesn't look like I'm actually going to be able to work on a game this weekend :( Sorry to be a flake, Ezzy -- but some time in the future we should work on something!

EzzyAlpha
Regular

#7 Post by EzzyAlpha »

It's fine :). We totally should work on something when you have the time :D