GxG Teacher/Student-- help needed!

A place to discuss things that aren't specific to any one creator or game.
Forum rules
Ren'Py specific questions should be posted in the Ren'Py Questions and Annoucements forum, not here.
seven idiots

GxG Teacher/Student-- help needed!

#1 Post by seven idiots »

Not sure if this is the right part of the forum, but I think it should work... here I go.

So for the game I'm currently writing a outline for, it's your standard highschool dating sim. However! There's a teacher in it. Teacher is planned to be available to date.

But I'm having some trouble thinking of ways to open her up that way. I'm planning on having it be a more difficult route to find, a "hidden" route if you will. Our main character is a well intentioned airhead cutesy nicey kind of girl, and for her route I'm intending on having some themes of the teacher taking care of her, being a mentor or "big sister" type of figure, if that gives anyone any ideas.

I'd also like to have the main character make the first move, since it's majorly creepy if a 28 yr old woman moves in on a 15-16 yr old girl.

SO! Anyone have any suggestions for how to get this to work? Any cliches I should consider in getting these two together?

EzzyAlpha
Regular

Re: GxG Teacher/Student-- help needed!

#2 Post by EzzyAlpha »

YES! Awesome. This is totally my type of romance.

You could make a path where the MC ignores school and the teacher makes her have extra classes.

HikkiPanda
Veteran
Projects: Marchioness' Teacup

#3 Post by HikkiPanda »

maybe the MC is having a hard time on deciding on what she should do after graduation and she hasn't submit her 'decide your future career questionaire' .. or something like that?

you can combine this with her taking the extra classes like Ezzy suggest :D, but I prefer if it's because she already study hard but still failing (since she is a kind and well intentioned air head)

clannadman

#4 Post by clannadman »

You could have the teacher make an unintentional first move. For example, your MC is being picked on by a group of girls and the teacher comes in and tells them off, then asks if you're okay and takes you to her office so you can sit down and have a chat if you need one.

If you want it to be a hidden route, you could then try giving the player a choice that makes the bullying scenario happen. For example, if the player decides to get a soda and it's the last one in the machine that one of the bullies wanted etc.

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#5 Post by papillon »

While not necessarily relevant to your particular case I can think of several potential approaches for a teacher/student romance.

The classic opener is for a student having grade trouble to openly flirt with the teacher in the hopes of getting better grades through romance. The teacher should, of course, decline. With amusement. However, this can lead to a series of interactions where the student keeps flirting playfully, both of them now knowing that it doesn't mean anything, until suddenly one of them realises that they do feel something. Or someone else overhears the playful exchange and they get in trouble for it and while frantically trying to defend their reputations, fall in love for real.

Another easy one is the desire to be recognised as an adult. If you're getting a lot of attention from your mentor/bigsister type, but it's all sort of pat-on-the-head, what-a-cute-kid attention, this can lead to a strong desire to prove yourself, to do something really impressive that will make her think of you as something special, or to try and make her jealous... anything to change the way she sees you.

If the student goes through some traumatic experience and gets hugs and support from the mentor, that's also a good time for one of them to have the surprise revelation of "oops, this hug feels so good, I feel more than friendship for you".

Or there's always the mistaken identity. If they meet somewhere outside of school in costume and flirt with each other without realising that they are student/teacher, this can give them something to start from...

seven idiots

#6 Post by seven idiots »

Awesome advice, thank you! I'm still unsure of what to do with this but I'm definitely thinking about a lot of this. Extra classes and tutoring hadn't actually occurred to me for some reason! Right now I'm most heavily leaning on going that way. Thanks everyone!