What drawing softwares do you use?

Use this forum to help develop your game-making skills, and get feedback on writing, art, music, or anything else you've created that isn't attached to a game in progress.
Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: What drawing softwares do you use?

#31 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

LVUER wrote:If that's the matter, I think you could change the eraser pointer icon... at least I can in Photoshop Elements 5.0
Sometimes it is a circle and sometimes it is an arrow, if it is the fault, it is more of just a lag I think. I thought it was my tablet, but it doesn't really bother me at all. Not like when my circle turned into a cross-hair. It took me forever to figure out that was because I had caps lock on -.-'

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#32 Post by OtomeWeekend »

nah, my problem was my "should be" normal eraser is always and always become a background eraser and even with right clicking it and doing all the solutions google can name, it will only and really only be a normal eraser after i finished cursing it like hell, i can't help but feel that the software is teasing me.(preventing me from using ps less for texturing and other finishing touches).
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#33 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

OtomeWeekend wrote:nah, my problem was my "should be" normal eraser is always and always become a background eraser and even with right clicking it and doing all the solutions google can name, it will only and really only be a normal eraser after i finished cursing it like hell, i can't help but feel that the software is teasing me.(preventing me from using ps less for texturing and other finishing touches).
Ooooooohhhhh, I see. Mine is fine, but I can understand why that would be very frustrating. That only happens to me if the layers transparency is locked.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#34 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Locked or not it works like that to me. Reported it in adobe but it tells me to reinstall which didnt work at all( ´△`)
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#35 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

well, everyone here known that I'm a Linux/Opensource extremist ;) so the flagship is The GIMP, and I use also Inkscape, Blender, Xfig, and for the quick'n dirty doodling, one or another of the dozen or so of small paint/drawing program I have around.

and also I program in POV and the good old DKBTrace ;)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

Celianna
Veteran

#36 Post by Celianna »

If Photoshop CS2 is pre-historic ... then I don't know what that makes me, since I've been using Photoshop 7.0 since I was 11, which was ten years ago. I sometimes switch over to CS3 when I need the warp tool, but that's it, everything else gets made in 7.0, from drawing, to creating websites, to editing photos. It's faster, doesn't take that long to boot up compared to newer versions - and the 'link layers' button is still there!

Though it loves to corrupt my files if I save too often, that's a shame.

I also use CorelDRAW X4 when I need to draw mostly shapes, for designing a HUD/GUI or something, then import it back to Photoshop and pretty it up. I also use it to draw logos.
A GxB game about designing your own clothes.

Zylinder
Veteran

#37 Post by Zylinder »

Photoshop CS5 for everything. I think it's got the whole package for me, everything down to textures and editing colors on the go. SAI is nice for sketching though, and I use it sometimes to do lineart if I need it to be clean. (Long-live stabilizer!)

Shioriemei
Regular
Completed: Pink Carnations (GXB Otome)

#38 Post by Shioriemei »

I use Paint Tool Sai and Photoshop CS5 Extended.

Alphonse
Regular

#39 Post by Alphonse »

Just to put in my own two cents: for the past few months, I've been using Alchemy for ideas (I love that program), Gimp for Painters for actual drawing, and Photoshop CS3 Extended for editing pictures made in Gimp for Painters or designing whatever.

Celestie
Veteran

#40 Post by Celestie »

Zylinder wrote:(Long-live stabilizer!)
HELL YES!!! The reason why I use SAI for outlines.
Well, I also use SAI for coloring, but sometimes I use Photoshop (now a CS5 Extended) for coloring as well, mostly for effects and backgrounds (that aren't really backgrounds but just excuses of...SOMETHING) and...well, final touch?
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Niki
Regular
Projects: Water's Edge
Organization: Etoranze

#41 Post by Niki »

SAI for sketching, lineart and coloring, Photoshop CS4 for tweaking colors and adding filters. >< Everything I draw looks like crap unless I run it through a few color adjustment layers first...
Image (devblog) || tumblr

Shioriemei
Regular
Completed: Pink Carnations (GXB Otome)

#42 Post by Shioriemei »

Niki wrote:SAI for sketching, lineart and coloring, Photoshop CS4 for tweaking colors and adding filters. >< Everything I draw looks like crap unless I run it through a few color adjustment layers first...
me too D:

modesty
Regular
Completed: Line of Heroes
Projects: Captive Finwife, Trouble Brewing, Human Experiments

#43 Post by modesty »

Photoshop 7 for almost everything. ;3

I'm considering getting Sai though. I really like the lineart.

For sketching I usually use OpenCanvas 4+
And on a rare occasion for inks I use Inkscape...because vectors are my new love.

MaiMai
Yandere
Completed: [Phase Shift]
Projects: [ None ]
Organization: Paper Stars
Tumblr: maiscribbles
Deviantart: maiscribble

#44 Post by MaiMai »

SAI for coloring and lines, Photoshop CS2 for tweaking although I'll do some of my coloring in CS2 because of the custom brushes I downloaded.
Image COMMISSIONS AVAILABLE (check Tumblr sidebar)