PLEASE SUPPORT AN INNOCENT ANIMAL

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

PLEASE SUPPORT AN INNOCENT ANIMAL

#1 Post by Wright1000 »

I am an animal rights activist in India.
And a few days back, something horrible happened.
A dog was suffering and dying on the street and no human was kind enough to go and take him to a vet.
The only creature who cared for him was a donkey who went near him to check him.
But, there was a bulldozer nearby. Those foolish people thought the donkey got rabies from the dog and brutally killed the donkey.
(You can watch the video if you want, but please don't blame me if you feel like crying.)
So, I will be very thankful if anyone is interested to support me and the other activists to make the government punish the killer.
He at least deserves thirty years in jail.
If you want to support this animal, visit http://action.petaindia.com/ea-action/a ... n.id=11690
He who doesn't care about the environment doesn't care about his grandchildren.

Nebi
Regular
Projects: Greaves

Re: PLEASE SUPPORT AN INNOCENT ANIMAL

#2 Post by Nebi »

Yes, how they killed the donkey was cruel. Note that the people were not clapping or cheering while it was happening. I believe the neighbourhood had a genuine belief that the dog and the donkey were a cause for concern. India has a high rate of human rabies and that fear combined with the prevalence of stray dogs may have lead to the decision to kill the donkey. Note that the donkey may have been in physical contact with the dog's muzzle and/or possibly licked it. Rabies is not transmitted by bites alone.

You want justice by punishing the man operating the bulldozer; what about all the people standing off the side, or that taxi driver, or the company that owns the machine? Should they all be arrested and thrown in jail too for not doing anything? What if he has family to feed and barely makes enough money to put food on the table? I recall that it may still be considered taboo for women to work once married.

PETA could probably make better use of their time by educating the local population on rabies prevention or to implement a vaccination program for the stray dogs in India. Or pushing the government into action.

That man you want to send to jail could also be employed for this purpose. Better to have him do something than to waste away in a prison, which could be just as cruel.

Greeny
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: The Loop, The Madness
Projects: In Orbit, TBA
Organization: Gliese Productions

#3 Post by Greeny »

Nobody deserves thirty years in jail.
In Orbit [WIP] | Gliese is now doing weekly erratic VN reviews! The latest: Halloween Otome!
Gliese Productions | Facebook | Twitter

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Finding A Murderer, Memory Loss, Crime Investigation, Stay away from the graveyard, Last Day at School, Lonesome, Email, Hired Gun, Dusk, Hired Gun 2, Man-at-arms, Hired Gun 3, The Phantom Caller, Street Girl, Free love, The Story of Isabel Claudia

#4 Post by Wright1000 »

Nebi wrote:That man you want to send to jail could also be employed for this purpose. Better to have him do something than to waste away in a prison, which could be just as cruel.
I doubt such a cruel man will want to work for animals.

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#5 Post by azureXtwilight »

I think people has a reason of being cruel, I mean he's afraid that other people might've been infected with rabies as well... He doesn't want another person die.

Now that's only what I am thinking, but you could've destroyed a family by doing that.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#6 Post by Wright1000 »

azureXtwilight wrote:I think people has a reason of being cruel, I mean he's afraid that other people might've been infected with rabies as well... He doesn't want another person die.
Actually, this happened on August 8. Today is 19. All these days, research has been done by biologists and the result is that just by smelling, rabies cannot be transferred. So, the donkey was not infected and there was no reason to kill him.

(I think you didn't take a look at the video how brutally he was killed.)

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#7 Post by azureXtwilight »

I saw. And judging from those, it seems that that man wouldn't know about that isn't it? He lacked the education to know.

But that's just giving my two cents. I'm just thinking what would happen to his family if he is jailed... For 30 years. I don't say he shouldn't be imprisoned. He should be punished for several years, or better yet, forced to work for the animals. Even if he doesn't want to, law is law right? Who can go against the law under surveillance?
Last edited by azureXtwilight on Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

#8 Post by OtomeWeekend »

I'm personally an animal-lover. But isn't a 30-year imprisonment a bit over the board? Here in Japan, you can kill a person and you'll only be imprisoned for 5 years(minimumly)! If it was an accident you can actually get imprisoned for only maximum of 5 years but mostly about 2 or 3 years and a few months only and pay a backing/penalty for the lost. Of course, massacring many people will surely sent you to prison forever.

I was able to read the law against killing homeless animals in India and yes, it was illegal. Even if you just hurt the animal is illegal enough(i dunno the consequences about it).
Quoted it:
• It is illegal to kill homeless animals. Citizens may only report what they perceive as a nuisance to the municipal authorities. The municipality is required to maintain an animal pound for animals. Previously, municipalities would kill these animals (mainly dogs) cruelly by electrocution, starvation and burying alive. After 1992, it became illegal for municipalities to kill stray dogs. The High Courts of Delhi, Rajasthan, Gujarat, Mumbai and several other states have specifically forbidden the killing of stray dogs and have directed the municipality to introduce a sensible sterilisation programme instead. The Animal Welfare Board of India has established a code of conduct for municipalities. Failure to follow the code can invite contempt of court proceedings.
Now, I am not sure if the dog nor the donkey was reported to the municipal or not, but if it was then it could be legal and nothing to do with it, but if it was not and its just the citizens' own actions, then I'm sure the government would should pose some resolutions and give justice to the poor animals(killing isn't really nice, worse if neither of those animals has rabies at all).

Anyway, in my opinion, if ever he would really be imprisoned; I believe 30 years is too much, I'm not a cruel person, and as I've said, I love animals but 30 years is a bit... like, how about if someone accidentally hurted an animal, someone misunderstands reports it the police, the person got arrested, does this mean, he'd imprisoned for 15 years?
Last edited by OtomeWeekend on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#9 Post by LVUER »

It's cruel yes, but I can't say the person should go straight into jail. Perhaps those people just don't know what have they done and what they SHOULD done. I completely agree with the training but I don't really agree with throwing that person to jail. A different story if those persons (esp. the one who ride the bulldozer) to do social work... or to take care some donkeys for like 10-20 years.

But don't get me wrong. I really hate it when animal cruelty happens. I'm not an animal lover or activist, but even I know how to take care animals (or to kill them) more humanely.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Efreet
Regular
Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

#10 Post by Efreet »

I'm going to follow what others have said, yes this was a cruel act but the man responsible should not be imprisoned unjustly with a life sentence. I should expect this man to face prison time for only a few months, pay a fine and taught the correct procedures on how to deal with infected animals.

More importantly I would not support PETA, not after having read their shock/propaganda treatments ('Cooking Mama PETA Edition or 'Your Momma Kills Animals') nor having read about how they euthanised thousands of pets.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by Wright1000 »

azureXtwilight wrote: I'm just thinking what would happen to his family if he is jailed...
That is true, but you are forgetting that the donkey has a family too. Maybe they are all crying since they can't find him.
Efreet wrote: More importantly I would not support PETA, not after having read their shock/propaganda treatments ('Cooking Mama PETA Edition or 'Your Momma Kills Animals') nor having read about how they euthanised thousands of pets.
I don't know what you are talking about. Anyway, there is not perfect human rights or animal rights organization in the world. Every organization has got flaws. Similarly, there is no perfect human in the world.
Find me a human with no flaws and I will buy you a new car.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#12 Post by manga_otaku »

I understand your concern for the animals, but at the end of the day this happens all the time and you can't stop every single one of them.
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#13 Post by Wright1000 »

manga_otaku wrote:I understand your concern for the animals, but at the end of the day this happens all the time and you can't stop every single one of them.
You are right. But I will do whatever I can. I know it is not possible to change the world but that does not mean that I should not try.

Efreet
Regular
Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

#14 Post by Efreet »

Wright1000 wrote: I don't know what you are talking about. Anyway, there is not perfect human rights or animal rights organization in the world. Every organization has got flaws. Similarly, there is no perfect human in the world.
Find me a human with no flaws and I will buy you a new car.
Mind you I never proposed a perfect set of human nor animal rights, and just because there are imperfections/flaws doesn't mean one cannot try, nor does it mean that they shouldn't be under scrutiny.

What I was talking about was their way of euthanising what they considered unadoptable pets, if you looked around the company a bit more you'd know what I am talking about. There is a difference between diseased and suffering animals and 'adoptable' animals.

Wright1000
Miko-Class Veteran

#15 Post by Wright1000 »

It's not a company, it's an organization.
I don't need to look around it because I am already working for it.
But if you don't want to support the donkey, leave it at that.
Please don't start badmouthing PETA.