What's your favorite type of cookie?

Forum organization and occasional community-building.
Forum rules
Questions about Ren'Py should go in the Ren'Py Questions and Announcements forum.
Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

What's your favorite type of cookie?

#1 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

I was bored and decided to search through the old posts here, and I found no topics that were dedicated to the discussion of cookies. "Blasphemy!" my mind thought. So, it's about time we started talking about cookies :3

Personally, I like oatmeal cookies, baking them and and eating them. I don't know why most people don't like oatmeal in general; is it because it's healthy? Oatmeal cookies are both healthy and yummy, so everybody wins!
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

Re: What's your favorite type of cookie?

#2 Post by Hayzel »

I can't....decide....chocolate chip...snicker doodle....chocoate chocolate chip...rocky road...sugar....;-; Too many...

Hayzel
Veteran
Projects: Echo: Legend of the Centennial Bells, The Making of a Visual Novel, MLPFIM: The Flower Blooming Festival

#3 Post by Hayzel »

I can't....decide....chocolate chip...snicker doodle....chocoate chocolate chip...rocky road...sugar....;-; Too many...
Weird double post O.o sorry about that
Last edited by Hayzel on Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#4 Post by sake-bento »

Chocolate chip and sea salt. : D Seriously good stuff. I like the salty and the bitter taste. I'm also a big fan of chocolate chip oatmeal. For the record, I really like dark chocolate, so any cookie with dark chocolate chips = YAY for me.

Sapphi
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Boku no Taisetsu na Yumeko
Projects: Twelve, PAW ★ PRINTS
Organization: Kitsch-soft

#5 Post by Sapphi »

I like oatmeal too. It would be my favorite kind, except I'm often craving chocolate and so I resort to chocolate chip cookies.

I really love windmill cookies too... they're cookies that are shaped like windmills (of course) and have what tastes like cinnamon, maybe some ginger, and what I think are almonds. Not sure of their actual name, but they are delicious.
"It is [the writer's] privilege to help man endure by lifting his heart,
by reminding him of the courage and honor and hope and pride
and compassion and pity and sacrifice which have been the glory of his past."
— William Faulkner
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬..+X+..▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#6 Post by Fawn »

I second Sake. Speaking of which, Sake, do you eat straight dark-chocolate with seasalt bars? @v@ They are sooo good, I have to restrain myself from eating the whole bar in one sitting hahaa...

Also, my mom makes these amazing apricot-pecan cookies. She puts pecans and whole wheat flour together in a food processor so the pecans become part of the flour and makes it really creamy, then adds bits of dried apricots. They're soo good, actually they one a blue ribbon last year at the state fair xD we were so proud!

papillon
Arbiter of the Internets
Completed: lots; see website!
Projects: something mysterious involving yuri, usually
Organization: Hanako Games
Tumblr: hanakogames

#7 Post by papillon »

I like oatmeal as long as there's no raisins in!

I usually add oatmeal to a lot of cookies I make, so I have chocolate chip oatmeal or chocolate coffee oatmeal (which strangely no one but my family ever seems to like)

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#8 Post by manga_otaku »

Butter butter butter~! OVERLY BUTTERLY COOKIES ^^

And the classic chocolate chip :)
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#9 Post by Fawn »

@papillon: Chocolate Coffee Oatmeal? I'd love to try that... mmm, mocha late cookies...

Efreet
Regular
Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

#10 Post by Efreet »

I really like Marks & Spencer's pistachio and almond cookies. I think I'm losing my sweet tooth, but those cookies aren't too sweet and not too plain, just right. Those and the checkered pattern cookies like these:

Now I'm starting to feel hungry...

OTM
Regular
Projects: Oubo

#11 Post by OTM »

I was going to say chocolate chips- but there's always been one type of cookie that I could NEVER resist.

I'm not sure what type of cookies they are but whenever I see this jar/box/thingy, I can never resist snagging cookies.

manga_otaku
Veteran
Completed: [KN] Saving Project: Blind? (Part One)

#12 Post by manga_otaku »

Speaking of Marks and Spencers - their Dutch Shortcakes are brilliant.

You know...the one's that are funny shaped with one half covered in chocolate and the other left as it's buttery goodness?
Projects:
WIP|[KN] Day Of Reckoning|
Completed|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part One|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Part Two|[KN] Saving Project Blind: Final Part|
Is available to help with proof-reading (Grammar freak...) Maybe voice-acting in the near future x]

Stripe
Regular
Projects: secret!

#13 Post by Stripe »

Millie's Cookies ;____; ohhh man if you don't live in the UK you are missing out, seriously, they are DIVINE

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#14 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

papillon wrote:I usually add oatmeal to a lot of cookies I make, so I have chocolate chip oatmeal or chocolate coffee oatmeal (which strangely no one but my family ever seems to like)
That is exactly what I'm talking about. During the holiday season (or whenever we feel like putting in the extra effort), we bake dozens of dozens of cookies, literally tripling the recipes of two (or more) different types of cookies. Most of the time we bake oatmeal cookies and triple chocolate chip cookies. My family adores the oatmeal cookies, but everyone else seems to abhor them D: They see the chocolate stuff and devour that first, and then the oatmeals go last. 'Tis a sad tale indeed :cry:
P.S. I never bake oatmeal cookies with raisins anymore; dried papaya is the way to go!

@ OTM: Royal Dansk cookies are Danish Butter cookies. I'll have to agree with you when it comes to these; I can't help but om nom nom on them :p
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Efreet
Regular
Projects: Denial, Guilt [On Hold]

#15 Post by Efreet »

manga_otaku wrote:Speaking of Marks and Spencers - their Dutch Shortcakes are brilliant.

You know...the one's that are funny shaped with one half covered in chocolate and the other left as it's buttery goodness?
Oh I remember having those, or something similar. They were deadly... :D Though now I suppose I need to go hunting for Millie's cookies...