Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - updated JULY 11, 2012

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
phantomphan31

Re: Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - UPDATED JULY 13th, '11

#211 Post by phantomphan31 »

I definitely agree that the chibis themselves are great and deserve to stand out on their own without the sprites.
I support
ImageImageImage

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#212 Post by SilverxBlue »

I agree with what Camille and Snow Blossom.
It kinda feels "crowded" when the sprites are also there. So chibis only, should be fine.

And are you still looking for a beta-tester? If so, I'd gladly volunteer myself! ^_^
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

Kay

#213 Post by Kay »

ooh! Please include me for proof reading, if possible : )

Also, I presume the chibis will be animated a la Tokimemo? If so, then having the big sprites would detract from them, even though they're really pretty. I think it will be more of a treat to see the art if they aren't on the screen quite as often. Mixing it up is good : )
Image credit to Murry Lancashire.

babyfish
Veteran
Projects: Maid of Midsummer (LifeSim)
Location: (' )< Swimming in your fishbowl, nomming on flakes.

#214 Post by babyfish »

So far the lean seems to be chibis only, so I think it's safe to go with that then. XD Thanks for the input, guys!

@Kay and SilverxBlue: Included you two both as proofreader and beta-tester, respectively! Thanks a bunch for your interest!
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

azureXtwilight
Megane Procrastinator
Completed: Fantasia series (ROT and ROTA), Doppleganger: Dawn of The Inverted Soul, a2 (a due), Time Labyrinth
Projects: At Regime's End
Organization: Memento-Mori VNs, Team Sleepyhead

#215 Post by azureXtwilight »

I agree that chibis should stand alone~
So when do we get to beta-test? :3

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: May-chan, The Country with no People, Him&Me

#216 Post by ririruetoo »

@babyfish
I was wondering about proofreading though, will we just be sent the script, or will we be playing the game beta and look for spelling errors that way? ( I'd prefer the latter, but script is fine too!)
ImageImageImage

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

Re: [WIP] Maid of Midsummer - UPDATED JULY 13th, '11

#217 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

This game. HHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGG I swoon at Dante *faints* Your first game on Ren'Py, and it looks so pretty *_* Where did you learn the GUI? I'm still a newbie, and I've been trying to find a good tutorial to explain User Interface. Can you direct me to the source of your awesomeness? Did I mention that you are a total badass for doing this entire project solo? I should kiss the ground you walk on.

Also, I'd love to be a beta-tester/proofreader for you. So when does the demo come out?
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

babyfish
Veteran

#218 Post by babyfish »

@ azureXtwilight: Again, it's a bit early to say when exactly I'll need to beta test, since there's still a bunch of things I need to add into the gameplay. In the meantime though, keep posted and I'll let you know via PM when a beta test version is ready!

@ ririruetoo: If people decide that they find it easier to proofread while playing the game instead of reading the script, then I'll give them the game beta to work with. That said, I expect that both proof-readers and beta-testers exhaust all options available to the player as much as possible, as to clear the demo of any major bugs and typos before its release.

@ Rewritten Ennui: Most of the GUI I did for MoM is based on screen language, something you can find more about here. I'll admit that I had trouble finding a good tutorial for creating a GUI, but I did find Aleema's Menu Customization Tutorial to be incredibly helpful.

I've also signed you up as a proofreader. Thanks for volunteering, and for all the praise :)! Keep posted and I'll let you know when the demo is ready!
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#219 Post by ririruetoo »

@babyfish

I for one find it easier to play the beta then read the script. For the game I'm making, I deciced it would be easier for me to proofread it if I just copy and pasted the whole script to a word document....The document ended up being around 180 pages! @_@ I made the game and I had trouble getting through the first page!
ImageImageImage

Celestine
Veteran

#220 Post by Celestine »

:roll: Sorry been gone for (long) 3 days. sigh So tiring.

But I would go with the flow, chibis should stand alone. It kinda adds as a cute humor to the story.
Plus when I saw the 2nd pic I was a bit confused like is this their thought bubble :lol:. And then I read the bit you wrote underneath and then understood what was going on.
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

spiritsongtress

#221 Post by spiritsongtress »

I would love to see this game come to fruition, and the lovely drawings? Now will it be 'comericial or free'? Is the quesiton?

ririruetoo
Miko-Class Veteran

#222 Post by ririruetoo »

@spiritsongtress

It's free! Yaaaaaaaaaaaay~! Although I think you can donate money to help fund the project.
ImageImageImage

RemnantDream
Veteran
Projects: Pickles and Strawberries

#223 Post by RemnantDream »

babyfish wrote:ririruetoo: If people decide that they find it easier to proofread while playing the game instead of reading the script, then I'll give them the game beta to work with. That said, I expect that both proof-readers and beta-testers exhaust all options available to the player as much as possible, as to clear the demo of any major bugs and typos before its release.
I actually work better this way too :D So, for me you can sent me the beta for the game and I'll proofread and test it :3

spiritsongtress

#224 Post by spiritsongtress »

I'd like to help in some way! I have a B.A. in English Lit!

babyfish
Veteran

#225 Post by babyfish »

@spirit - sounds cool! If you'd like to be a proofreader, I'll add you on. :)

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, I'm in the middle of trying to get a career off the ground and focusing on that!
(Work in progress)

(' )< -babyfish