All Boy School Impact! (Updated!)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
OtomeWeekend
Eileen-Class Veteran

Re: All Boy School Impact! ( a GxB VN )

#16 Post by OtomeWeekend »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:
That's it. I'll definitely play your game if the headmaster has a monocle :D
>.< sudden flashback of Musketeer le sang de chevaliers. lol
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." ---Mahatma Gandhi

I no longer use this account. Please refer to my new account, enta if you want to contact me. Thank you.

xxcautionxx
Regular

#17 Post by xxcautionxx »

Auro-Cyanide wrote:I don't really get why they would be offended she is female. Most males I know would be over the moon about finally being able to be around a female if they were stuck at an all boys school, especially if they were teenagers. I would think it would make more sense if they had distaste or were nervous about who she was, not what she was. Either her being raised as a commoner and traits she may display, or the fact she is causing disruptions in a royal family. That type of thing.
They´re not offended, it´s just like you said, they keep they´re distance, and are really curious of who she really is, since the headmaster wouldn´t say anything. They were also against it since... well, why would a girl whose background is shrouded in mystery even BE accepted into an all guy school? It´s just the questions that haunt them :3
Blue Lemma wrote:
Try to mix in surprises :)
Oh definetly, it just wouldn´t be much fun without them xD
Me- White! Oranges! Cats! The Simpsons! Square root of 61! TWENTY-FOUR!!.... What was the question again?
Friend- .... How are you....
Me- ..... 24?

Auro-Cyanide
ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

#18 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

xxcautionxx wrote:
Auro-Cyanide wrote:I don't really get why they would be offended she is female. Most males I know would be over the moon about finally being able to be around a female if they were stuck at an all boys school, especially if they were teenagers. I would think it would make more sense if they had distaste or were nervous about who she was, not what she was. Either her being raised as a commoner and traits she may display, or the fact she is causing disruptions in a royal family. That type of thing.
They´re not offended, it´s just like you said, they keep they´re distance, and are really curious of who she really is, since the headmaster wouldn´t say anything. They were also against it since... well, why would a girl whose background is shrouded in mystery even BE accepted into an all guy school? It´s just the questions that haunt them :3
I just don't think it would be a very common reaction amongst a teenage male population, but I'm not male. I would think their emotions would range from disinterest, to curiosity, to flat out attraction. Imagine the guys you know, especially the one's from high school. How would they react to the only female in the school. I know these games tend to romantise things, and you are free to do so, but a good way to get a good feeling of characters is to think about who they would be in real life, what it would be like to meet them, how they talked and acted.

The last bit is the question, and there should be a very good reason for it. I can think of a couple reasons, and all of them would occur to most people (including the characters). If it's none of those, it's going to have to make a lot of sense. I just hope her parents are not sticking her in the school so she can find a fiance.

phantomphan31

#19 Post by phantomphan31 »

Well the plot has definitely been used quite a bit (i suggest looking into what other games similar to this have and come up with something new like different mini games or events, etc.) But I have never played a game with this plot before (due to not being able to read japanese >:( ) I definitely will be watching this game and cant wait for its release! Im sure you will do a great job!
I support
ImageImageImage

xxcautionxx
Regular

#20 Post by xxcautionxx »

phantomphan31 wrote:Well the plot has definitely been used quite a bit (i suggest looking into what other games similar to this have and come up with something new like different mini games or events, etc.) But I have never played a game with this plot before (due to not being able to read japanese >:( ) I definitely will be watching this game and cant wait for its release! Im sure you will do a great job!
Yeh, I've recently found some games (I also found some manga and a K-drama xD, but that has nothing to do with this >.> ) with a similar plot, but like you said, they're in japanese. I think by making this game, it's kinda also for those people who like these types of plots, but don't know japanese that well to actually understand. (me being one of them, but i'm getting there :D )

Oh and to everybody, this game is progressing, slowly but surely. Turns out, programming really isn't all that hard once you get used to it, but maybe is too early to talk, I haven't even gotten to the main part yet. xD
Me- White! Oranges! Cats! The Simpsons! Square root of 61! TWENTY-FOUR!!.... What was the question again?
Me- ..... 24?

Melinoe
Regular

Re: All Boy School Impact! ( a GxB WIP )

#21 Post by Melinoe »

Hello! Just read this, and yeah, the plot is cliched, (I feel like a parrot) but give it time, and if it's funny enough, it'll be a joy to play. And I'll definitely play the game, not only because I play every (free) otome game I can find, but also because of the, uh monocle...

Seriously, though, give it 111%, because you're battling, like, two cliches here. But I'm pretty sure you have an at least decent sense of humor because of... "invading his man palace"... (So camp... Okay, I have no idea how to use that word...) The weird phobias are also kind of funny, but don't overdo it, y'know?

Is it going to be a long game?

I read a story a while ago with this kind of plot, it's right here. It's kind of girly, but your game is otome, so...

Anyway, looking forward to it!
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like." Lemony Snicket, The Slippery Slope

15385bic
Miko-Class Veteran

#22 Post by 15385bic »

I actually like the typical otome games but i do feel the story may need a lot of work esp with he princess reclaiming the throne thing. U gonna throw in some drama and danger? Good luck with the vn.

xxcautionxx
Regular

#23 Post by xxcautionxx »

Melinoe wrote:Hello! Just read this, and yeah, the plot is cliched, (I feel like a parrot) but give it time, and if it's funny enough, it'll be a joy to play. And I'll definitely play the game, not only because I play every (free) otome game I can find, but also because of the, uh monocle...

Seriously, though, give it 111%, because you're battling, like, two cliches here. But I'm pretty sure you have an at least decent sense of humor because of... "invading his man palace"... (So camp... Okay, I have no idea how to use that word...) The weird phobias are also kind of funny, but don't overdo it, y'know?

Is it going to be a long game?

I read a story a while ago with this kind of plot, it's right here. It's kind of girly, but your game is otome, so...

Anyway, looking forward to it!
Yeah i'll give it 200% :)

And that story you linked, I dont know, I didn't see much similarity other than a girl going to a school for guys. Actually, it reminded me of the J-drama "Ikemen desu ne", without the high school part.
Me- ..... 24?

PockieHoshi
Regular

#24 Post by PockieHoshi »

I'm definitely interested in this game,and so what about clichés? I love 'em x3!

Most of the shoujo manga and otome games are clichés anyway :)
Ill be keeping an eye on this.Oh,and if you need help with anything, I'm more than wiling to help :3!! (Well,except with programming and stuff,yep I cant program anything to save my life ;A;).

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#25 Post by Riviera »

Blue Lemma wrote:An all boys school? Sounds like a horror game to me!
Really, middle school and high school boys are the worst, ugh. Not to say the girls are all angels, either, but just imagining going to an all-boys school when I was little... Bleh!

As some have said, the premise sounds cliche. Not that that's an automatic game-killer, but it raises the bar for execution. Try to mix in surprises :)
Art v. story: I suggest finishing the script (not just the story, but the actual script) or coming very very close before you worry too much about art. Script work kills games, art work does not. Not OELVN games, anyway.
Honestly, I'd take this stuff here that BL said to heart. I mean, a lot of girls would have that reaction to being shoved into a school of nothing but guys. If only at first.

Anime and Otome games tend to either make the MC be treated like a princess or... a sex toy if she's in this sort of situation, so I'd stay away from those if possible.

There are gonna be lots of awkward situations you can capitalize on. It's an all-boys school, so unless there are female teachers there may not even be female restrooms. There is sure to not be a female locker room. She's gonna be the only girl on all of their sports teams, and even if she's the equivalent of a professional athlete the students and teachers may think they have to handle her with kid gloves because of that. They'll have to design a uniform for her if they do uniforms, or may have to alter a male uniform to fit her. Which means she may be going to a school with uniforms in street clothes for a while, and will stand out even more.

They're gonna have to make lots of accommodations for her, and not all the guys are gonna like it. She could make some enemies not just for her background, but because they're gonna have to go out of their way and change their routine just for her. They don't even know her as a person at first, so I can see some initial resentment.

Also, they aren't gonna be totally "durr how do I act around girls" but undoubtedly they've gotten used to just being around other guys at school. Some of em could slip and do stuff that guys don't usually do around girls.

There's a lotta stuff that can be done with this, so I'll be keeping an eye on it. :)
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

xxcautionxx
Regular

#26 Post by xxcautionxx »

Riviera wrote:They're gonna have to make lots of accommodations for her, and not all the guys are gonna like it. She could make some enemies not just for her background, but because they're gonna have to go out of their way and change their routine just for her. They don't even know her as a person at first, so I can see some initial resentment.

Also, they aren't gonna be totally "durr how do I act around girls" but undoubtedly they've gotten used to just being around other guys at school. Some of em could slip and do stuff that guys don't usually do around girls.

There's a lotta stuff that can be done with this, so I'll be keeping an eye on it. :)
I've took way too long to answer this D: Orz
The guys are used to girls, every saturday the school hosts a dance so:

1) Parents to visit their kids
2) Social interaction is not lost
and 3) As a test for their dance class (Yes teachers going around like ninjas giving you a grade for how you waltz)

so they aren't totally secluded from the outside world, just from monday thru friday and some saturdays ;)
Oh and the head master has a mansion type sort of thing, because going in and out of the school would just be too troublesome (so the only person secluded from the world is the headmaster xD ), so he just let's her live in a section that is closest to school, and its more of an apartmemnt condo mixture... thing xD :D
Me- ..... 24?

Riviera
Miko-Class Veteran

#27 Post by Riviera »

xxcautionxx wrote:
I've took way too long to answer this D: Orz
The guys are used to girls, every saturday the school hosts a dance so:

1) Parents to visit their kids
2) Social interaction is not lost
and 3) As a test for their dance class (Yes teachers going around like ninjas giving you a grade for how you waltz)

so they aren't totally secluded from the outside world, just from monday thru friday and some saturdays ;)
Oh and the head master has a mansion type sort of thing, because going in and out of the school would just be too troublesome (so the only person secluded from the world is the headmaster xD ), so he just let's her live in a section that is closest to school, and its more of an apartmemnt condo mixture... thing xD :D

Oh yeah, that's why I said "Also, they aren't gonna be totally "durr how do I act around girls" but undoubtedly they've gotten used to just being around other guys at school. Some of em could slip and do stuff that guys don't usually do around girls."

Cuz.. yeah, I'm sure some of em have sisters and friends that are girls that they hang out with outside of school. It's just... you can get used to certain spaces being a certain way.

Like how an all-girl college in a town near mine will let the students come to school in their pajamas. If they suddenly started letting guys attend, I'm pretty sure they'd stop that.
Will edit/proofread for cookies.

I do free voicework! Click here for samples

Tag-
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Circo della Sera

Re: All Boy School Impact! (name is a WIP)

#28 Post by Tag- »

This game seems so interesting, I'm definitely looking forward to working with the two of you~ :D
PM me if needed

xxcautionxx
Regular

Re: All Boy School Impact! (Updated!)

#29 Post by xxcautionxx »

Hi!
Just decided to bump this thread so people could see the pretty pictures done by Tag-
^.^
Sorry if it's not allowed >.<
Me- ..... 24?

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

Re: All Boy School Impact! (Updated!)

#30 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

DAMNIT WHERE ARE MY MONOCLES AND MEGANES D:<
I have no qualms with the character designs thus far :3 Although for some reason Ren's neck looks weird (might just be the angle though)...
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website