ssǝʇunoƆ ʇɹ∀
Completed: http://auro-cyanide.tumblr.com/visualnovels
Projects: Athena
Organization: Cyanide Tea
Tumblr: auro-cyanide
Deviantart: Auro-Cyanide

Re: Your first ever video game.

#31 Post by Auro-Cyanide »

Shhhhhh, jeez, this is hard to remember. I remember playing games on the sega, stuff like sonic and one that was like sonic but not. And some colouring games.

I remember being addicted to this one game on the PS1 and I used to go to my sister's house to play it on her husbands PS1. I couldn't remember what it was called and then I FOUND IT! The Adventures of Alundra! I loved that game. I don't think I made it very far and I'm pretty sure I got stuck on a riddle. Not my first game, but the first one I have strong memories of.

Celestie
Veteran

#32 Post by Celestie »

I'm boring and my parents refused to let me use computer too much or get games or game consoles...I got an old, used Game Boy when I was TEN/ELEVEN and Pokemon Yellow & Blue to play it. And at my friend's sometime around that age, too we played some Pokemon game for the PlayStation...the one with those many minigames that were so much fun 8D Yeah, my game-experience started with Pokemon. And right now I still haven't finished Pokemon Black. *is slow*
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#33 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Celestie wrote: And at my friend's sometime around that age, too we played some Pokemon game for the PlayStation...the one with those many minigames that were so much fun 8D
No official Pokemon has ever appeared on a game station that was not a Nintendo console! I believe that you meant to say Nintendo64, and the game you were playing sounds like Pokemon Stadium *bricked for being a nerd* But yeah, Pokemon Silver version was one of my all-time favorites back in the day. I haven't gotten my hands on Black or White, nor do I plan to. They'll have to release yet another game for 3DS anyways >_>
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#34 Post by Camille »

Rewritten Ennui wrote:No official Pokemon has ever appeared on a game station that was not a Nintendo console! I believe that you meant to say Nintendo64, and the game you were playing sounds like Pokemon Stadium *bricked for being a nerd* But yeah, Pokemon Silver version was one of my all-time favorites back in the day. I haven't gotten my hands on Black or White, nor do I plan to. They'll have to release yet another game for 3DS anyways >_>
Aww if you're a Pokemon fan, you should go for Black and White. D: I've played every Pokemon game released and I think that in terms of story and gameplay, Black/White is the best of the lot. This coming from someone who loved Gold and Silver, as well. XD

Rewritten Ennui
Veteran
Organization: TwinTurtle Games

#35 Post by Rewritten Ennui »

Camille wrote:Aww if you're a Pokemon fan, you should go for Black and White. D: I've played every Pokemon game released and I think that in terms of story and gameplay, Black/White is the best of the lot. This coming from someone who loved Gold and Silver, as well. XD
Meh, I've always thought that Pokemon games were lacking in story/plot (exceptions are Pokemon Colosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness, but those aren't really in the main series). The triple battle stuff sounds tempting and all, but I'm mad because they didn't release any new Eevee evolutions :( Plus all the new starters look weird. What the heck is Oshawott supposed to be?!?!
I've swapped accounts to CheeryMoya, so this account is no longer in use. Refer to the new account if you want to contact me.

Twinturtle Games Website

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#36 Post by Camille »

I like Black/White because the story is a lot more interesting. Well, I mean, there actually IS a story this time and you interact with the gym leaders and other characters a lot more. I don't know what other Eevee evolutions they can really add at this point. 0_o And pfffft Snivy is awesome, don't say that! Oshawott's an otter, lol.

Celestie
Veteran

#37 Post by Celestie »

Rewritten Ennui wrote: No official Pokemon has ever appeared on a game station that was not a Nintendo console! I believe that you meant to say Nintendo64, and the game you were playing sounds like Pokemon Stadium
...then it was that. I only remembered it being an older console xD Sorry 'bout that. Thanks for correcting~ And yeah, Pokemon Stadium sounds about right.

Oshawott I have to stop typing Mijumaru is also a samurai, or it and its evolutions display a samurai's development. And agreed, it has a really nice plot compared to the last few Generation games. It does help that all characters (I mean the PC and his friends/rivals) are more in teenager ages. Graphics are nice, too. But I also agree that a lot Pokemon look odd...D:
But everything's getting darker and more serious...for example some Pokemon and their descriptions.
Do decide yourself, I assure you, you might miss out something really nice if you don't play it, but you decide 8D
*pending signature, as in, I don't have any if this signature doesn't allow any 100px high images TAT*

tecm

#38 Post by tecm »

The first game I really played was probably super smash bros on the n64. that'd be what really got me into gaming. course Now I'm part of the pc gaming master race, so eh. As for pokemon B/W. I just got soulsilver (is that one word?) and I don't play on my ds enough to justify buying another one

phantomphan31

#39 Post by phantomphan31 »

For me it was Harvest moon friends of mineral town for gameboy color that my parents got for me for christmas when i was 11
I support
ImageImageImage

Version
Regular
Projects: On Hiatus

#40 Post by Version »

Hehe, mine was Super Mario Bros for the game boy color.. my dad beat the whole game in the time it took me to get to the third world ;v; *kept running into mushrooms*
Omo, omo, omo, aigoo.
Sorry for all of these: [!!!!]

KomiTsuku
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Dreams of the Skies, Anton's Vacation, Luka, The Halberd and The Tiger, Rising Angels, Pyrite Heart, Rising Angels: Reborn, The Halberd and The Fox, VN Tycoon, RA: Hope
Projects: Rising Angels
Organization: IDHAS Studios
IRC Nick: Komi
itch: idhas

#41 Post by KomiTsuku »

dott.Piergiorgio wrote: also, somewhere during the 70s I have an handheld football game which I quickly find an sure-fire pattern.
It scares me that I'm 99% sure I know, and have played, the football game you are talking about. >.<;

So many young gamers... Mine was Adventure on the Atari 2600. I still have my old Atari and Odyssey 3000. Yeah. Find someone who knows what one of those old boxes is.

Desu_Cake
Veteran
Projects: Secret, Secret and Secret

#42 Post by Desu_Cake »

One christmas I got "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego" and "Myst" as presents. I can't remember any further back than that.

sake-bento
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://sakevisual.com/games.html
Projects: Every Sunrise, Shinsei
Organization: sakevisual
Tumblr: sakevisual
Deviantart: sakevisual
itch: sakevisual

#43 Post by sake-bento »

The first game I ever played was Ernie's Big Splash for DOS. Good times.

My first console game was Duck Hunt for the SNES. It was the first in a series of games that helped me realize that my reflexes and hand-eye coordination will never be good. It's also the only FPS I've ever enjoyed, despite the fact that my mother kept schooling me on the skeet shooting course.

GJsoft

#44 Post by GJsoft »

*CONTENT DELETED*
Last edited by GJsoft on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Funnyguts
Veteran

#45 Post by Funnyguts »

My first games were a bunch of educational stuff for the Commodore 64. I can't remember any earlier than that.