That Cheap and Sacred Thing - Drama/Sci-fi

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
Mihwa

Re: That Cheap and Sacred Thing - Drama/Sci-fi

#166 Post by Mihwa »

Geez that story was amazing!
I keep on wishing there was more of it, or to go into more detail about Autumn's interesting power.

GREAT JOB. XD

carosene
Veteran
Completed: That Cheap and Sacred Thing

#167 Post by carosene »

Thank you so much! :D
My justification for not explaining it is that Autumn wouldn't have a way of knowing. The reality is I haven't figured it out. XD
I'll work on that. XD
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Fawn
Moe Imouto

#168 Post by Fawn »

@carosene: I think it's actually nice to have it open ended- depending on the reader's point of view, they may come up with their own personal conclusions.
For example, my conclusions are that either: Robots, being simpler beings, are actually more compassionate than humans and care more about Autumn's pain; or that Autumn was born with strong brainwaves that can effect machinery...
Also I don't remember if I commented yet, but I love love love this game :) I hope it inspires others to make great scifi dramas like this in the future! Thanks for sharing this wonderful story :D

(I have some fanart I'm drawing for you, but I have commissions and stuff so it might not be finished for quite awhile... =v=; )

Mihwa

#169 Post by Mihwa »

Since you're not sure if you want to make a direct sequel, what if you make more games taking place in the same setting? Or even do one about each of Autumn's friends or mother... since they all seem like they have some interesting quirks.

Or just a new batch of characters in general.

I just love the setting and concept. XD

carosene
Veteran

#170 Post by carosene »

Fawn wrote:@carosene: I think it's actually nice to have it open ended- depending on the reader's point of view, they may come up with their own personal conclusions.
For example, my conclusions are that either: Robots, being simpler beings, are actually more compassionate than humans and care more about Autumn's pain; or that Autumn was born with strong brainwaves that can effect machinery...
Also I don't remember if I commented yet, but I love love love this game :) I hope it inspires others to make great scifi dramas like this in the future! Thanks for sharing this wonderful story :D

(I have some fanart I'm drawing for you, but I have commissions and stuff so it might not be finished for quite awhile... =v=; )
Thank you for commenting! X3 I hope it does too, I love this weird kind of genre.

FANART!!! 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D
Ahem.
I look forward to it~! 8D 8D 8D
Mihwa wrote:Since you're not sure if you want to make a direct sequel, what if you make more games taking place in the same setting? Or even do one about each of Autumn's friends or mother... since they all seem like they have some interesting quirks.

Or just a new batch of characters in general.

I just love the setting and concept. XD
Thanks for the ideas. X3 Don't worry, I'm definitely considering my options.

Aww, thanks for the love!
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Shioriemei
Regular
Completed: Pink Carnations (GXB Otome)

#171 Post by Shioriemei »

omg Q-Q so sad TT^TT

carosene
Veteran

#172 Post by carosene »

Be strong, young reader! o.o *sends out the crying comittee with tissues and hugs*
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

Shioriemei
Regular

#173 Post by Shioriemei »

Q.Q ty *sneezes on tissue* *hugs back* more tissues plz o-o

kittymaverick

#174 Post by kittymaverick »

Oh boy, that...was a GREAT VN...Very well written indeed!

When I started at first, I didn't really take the game quite that seriously (helps when the last VN you played had trolled you, epically...). Given my Asimovian tendencies and also being a fan of A.I., I kinda picked up on the references pretty quickly. However, I wasn't bored by them, so that's a great thing!
Here begins spoilers 8D
I had a huge snickerfest when Jude's name was revealed...I couldn't help it. XD It was like the company ran out of inspiration and went "Well, it's a sexbot. What's that guy's name? The one that plays the sexbot in that android movie?" "Jude Law?" "Yeah...Jude...that'll be its name!".
I also enjoyed the reveal of Jude's "error", and how Autumn is attributed to creating such errors. For a while, I was thinking that something about Jude's behaviour is almost a little too non-robotic at times. (Cue conspiracy theory of how he is really human, and was put up by Rick to masquerade as a robot to get laid...explains the enthusiasm, but leaves plenty of plot holes else where. Then other theory included hidden cameras on Jude...0A0)
Oh man, the part that started to tear at my heartstrings was the part where Autumn revealed to Jude what she was about to do to him. I was thinking "please tell him to run away with you....please tell him to run away with you!". Autumn's choice crushed me in a way, but I guess it comes to show how at the point, she still cared more about Elly than Jude. That made Jude's destruction all the more potent. Not to mention that CG...showing the kiss from angle, then the other...my heart imploded when I saw the 2nd view >8(.

While I would not mind a sequel, I do kind of wonder whether Autumn may be more aware and thus cautious about her interaction/exposure to androids/robots in general. Given that there is now already two quite "clingy" robots to her now, she probably would try to avoid having a third come into her life (Well, there's Mary...but at least she doesn't have any official commitment program directed at Autumn). Would Autumn become the type of person who clearly abuses her ability to override programming, or would she not use it at all, or would she use it for some sort of benefit of some kind?
Hope to see more stuff from you in the future! Looking forward to them!

Shioriemei
Regular

#175 Post by Shioriemei »

kittymaverick wrote:Oh boy, that...was a GREAT VN...Very well written indeed!

When I started at first, I didn't really take the game quite that seriously (helps when the last VN you played had trolled you, epically...). Given my Asimovian tendencies and also being a fan of A.I., I kinda picked up on the references pretty quickly. However, I wasn't bored by them, so that's a great thing!
Here begins spoilers 8D
I had a huge snickerfest when Jude's name was revealed...I couldn't help it. XD It was like the company ran out of inspiration and went "Well, it's a sexbot. What's that guy's name? The one that plays the sexbot in that android movie?" "Jude Law?" "Yeah...Jude...that'll be its name!".
I also enjoyed the reveal of Jude's "error", and how Autumn is attributed to creating such errors. For a while, I was thinking that something about Jude's behaviour is almost a little too non-robotic at times. (Cue conspiracy theory of how he is really human, and was put up by Rick to masquerade as a robot to get laid...explains the enthusiasm, but leaves plenty of plot holes else where. Then other theory included hidden cameras on Jude...0A0)
Oh man, the part that started to tear at my heartstrings was the part where Autumn revealed to Jude what she was about to do to him. I was thinking "please tell him to run away with you....please tell him to run away with you!". Autumn's choice crushed me in a way, but I guess it comes to show how at the point, she still cared more about Elly than Jude. That made Jude's destruction all the more potent. Not to mention that CG...showing the kiss from angle, then the other...my heart imploded when I saw the 2nd view >8(.

While I would not mind a sequel, I do kind of wonder whether Autumn may be more aware and thus cautious about her interaction/exposure to androids/robots in general. Given that there is now already two quite "clingy" robots to her now, she probably would try to avoid having a third come into her life (Well, there's Mary...but at least she doesn't have any official commitment program directed at Autumn). Would Autumn become the type of person who clearly abuses her ability to override programming, or would she not use it at all, or would she use it for some sort of benefit of some kind?
Hope to see more stuff from you in the future! Looking forward to them!
ikr Q-Q
those 2 cgs were so heartbreaking D:

knizz

#176 Post by knizz »

I meant to post in this thread sooner but I've just been busy. I like the story a lot. Please consider making a sequel.

hyeonie

#177 Post by hyeonie »

I actually registered just so I could comment on this. This was great! I've never cried reading a kinetic novel before.. T_T
Regarding a sequel...I kind of want one and kind of don't. I want to leave it as it is because it's like it's up to me what happened after that....but at the same time, I realllllyyyyy wanna know what happened! haha~
So...I'd like a sequel!...I think xD

carosene
Veteran

#178 Post by carosene »

OMFG TCAST WON THE VISUAL NOVEL FESTIVAL.
*runs around the house until I smack my head into a wall*

SO I typed up a long reply yesterday, and it didn't post, and I got depressed and busy and didn't type up a new one. o.o Plus I was reliving my adolescense by watching Fruits Basket.

@Shioriemei:
Be strong! o.o I send in the second wave!

@kittymaverick:
D'aww, thanks so much! X3
I'm glad the references weren't bad, and I'm glad the story wasn't repetitive as a sci-fi story, I'm a bit of a newcomer to the genre. XD
Everyone is like "I didn't think Jude was an android until the end" and I'm like... XD Well... oops...
Don't implode, kitty heart! o.o *grabs heart pump*
Thanks for the thoughts and questions on the sequel. :3 I'm definitely considering my options.
Thanks! X3

@knizz
I meant to respond sooner but I've been busy. XD It works out.
I'm glad you liked it! :D

@hyeonie
Dawwwwwwwww thanks! X3 *also sends you the crying committee* *they bring hugs and tissues*
Thanks for your sequel thoughts! :D
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA

BlueFeather

#179 Post by BlueFeather »

it was a really good game i liked it a lot :)
but i thought it was kind of short :(

carosene
Veteran

#180 Post by carosene »

Aww, thanks! Glad you enjoyed!
Yup, it's short. ^-^ Sorry!
A Complete Kinetic Novel
Blog DA