Art Dumpage! Show your art ^^

Questions, skill improvement, and respectful critique involving art assets.
mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#181 Post by mugenjohncel »

It is my first animation within this program called Moho, which is only $100. I used a bone system.
Ulp!... and just when I am beginning to have fun with Poser.
(I absolutely love Poser for its uh... user friendliness)

(must...resist...temptation...to...buy...MOHO...or...try...animation...Tonight...Aghh!)

F.I.A
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Winter Shard, EVE, Hyperion

#182 Post by F.I.A »

These are un-attended for however long, so I guess they are getting dumped till that interest in fighting game making whacks on my head again.

F.I.A's attempt at spriting(After having way too much dose of Eternal FIghter Zero), with a graph paper and Paint program...
Standing sprite with a jab
Walking sprite

Character design and concept belong to Ragnarok Online by Gravity.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#183 Post by monele »

Not bad at all ^.^. All this pixely goodness reminds me of zee good ol' days ^^

TMBpower
Regular

#184 Post by TMBpower »

Well, it's been absolutely forever since I last stopped by.O_O Wow, I LOVE all the artwork in the last two pages. BCS has beautiful coloring.

This is my most recent. Celebrating the birthday of both me and a dear friend of mine.:mrgreen:

http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/4775/photoxb4.jpg
Volunteer CG artist, if your story interests me (which is very likely!).
PM me if you want me on your team!
Current Project: None

Iaman
Regular

#185 Post by Iaman »

Well, here's my latest piece... Drawing for a webcomic and having a life kinda cut down on your "drawing for the fun of it" time... ;_;
Attachments
Blargh!
Blargh!
warrior.jpg (163.85 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
I have no pants!

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#186 Post by lordcloudx »

here's a new one. A fanart of misuzu and ayu.

How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

yuirei
Regular

#187 Post by yuirei »

Here's an artwork I made for a contest (and the reason why I have my subscription at deviantART now ^-^) Constructive crits appreciated XD

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/36663886/

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

#188 Post by lordcloudx »

it's too blurry!

... my linework that is, but your linework is amazingly sharp and precise yuirei.

Great coloring job too. Not much more can be said about this work. As what has already been stated in the comments on your account, you probably know where your own mistakes are. Those mistakes are extremely negligible anyway.

and once again... another kabayan! galing natin! haha!
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

yummy
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Suna to Majo

#189 Post by yummy »

yuirei wrote:Here's an artwork I made for a contest (and the reason why I have my subscription at deviantART now ^-^)
That's quite a nice art. Maybe the image dynamics are what is lacking on your drawing, but as I randomly browsed through your entire gallery, I found out this one did only lack this.
By image dynamics, I meant how the character behaves.
She just seemed a little too static IMHO.

Nevermind, the coloring is very nice and it reminds me of what I could see in the best ren ai games that are being released by now.

So I definitively give you a thumbs up :)
Keep up the good work ;)

mugenjohncel
Hentai Poofter
Organization: Studio Mugenjohncel

#190 Post by mugenjohncel »

Here's an artwork I made for a contest (and the reason why I have my subscription at deviantART now ^-^)
Love the coloring and smooth line.

Constructive crits appreciated XD
Constructive Crit?... Hmm...

"Sent to PM"

yuirei
Regular

#191 Post by yuirei »

yummy wrote:
yuirei wrote:Here's an artwork I made for a contest (and the reason why I have my subscription at deviantART now ^-^)
That's quite a nice art. Maybe the image dynamics are what is lacking on your drawing, but as I randomly browsed through your entire gallery, I found out this one did only lack this.
By image dynamics, I meant how the character behaves.
She just seemed a little too static IMHO.

Nevermind, the coloring is very nice and it reminds me of what I could see in the best ren ai games that are being released by now.

So I definitively give you a thumbs up :)
Keep up the good work ;)
Thanks for the very nice comment :D Indeed I know I lack that "movement" in my pictures .. I'm having a hard time giving dynamics, because my eyes are not trained enough T__T I will try to patch this weakness up before I do graphics for my first VN ^^

Thank you again ^^

Rika-chan
Regular

#192 Post by Rika-chan »

Here's a few of the most recent pieces of mine. Mostly I'm just sharing, and not really looking for C&C, because I already know what the problems are with these pictures, but I'd just like to hear your responses.

First, they're in descending order from the date of completion. Also, I'm terrible at backgrounds, so please don't comment on that, with the exception of the last picture. I actually tried on that one.

This is a portrait of a character in a story I wrote. It has four parts, this character is from part three. I plan to turn part one into a KN.

This is another character from an idea that I'd also like to turn into a KN. I'm debating about whether to do this one or the other one first.

This is a character from another story that I need to finish writing. It may become a KN someday, we'll see.

Finally, this is another character (please don't ask how many stories I have running around in my head, too many is the answer) that might become an actual game. I don't know at this point.

I should mention that I did my avatar too.

monele
Lemma-Class Veteran

#193 Post by monele »

I can't say why exactly but these drawings have appeal. There are things bothering me but overall it's pleasing. Kinda like finding a girl pretty despite some flaws ? *shrugs* ^^;...

Watercolorheart
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Controlled Chaos / Sum of the Parts / "that" Midna game with ZONEsama
Projects: Sparse Series/Oddments Shop original cartoon in Pevrea; Cybernetic Duels (fighting game); Good Vibin'
Organization: Watercolorheart Studios
IRC Nick: BCS
Tumblr: adminwatercolor
Deviantart: itsmywatercolorheart
Github: Watercolordevdev
Soundcloud: Watercollider
itch: watercolorheart

#194 Post by Watercolorheart »

http://www.deviantart.com/view/27978332/

Yum, nice one, yuirei (Sorry, probably mistyped that.)
monele wrote:I can't say why exactly but these drawings have appeal. There are things bothering me but overall it's pleasing. Kinda like finding a girl pretty despite some flaws ? *shrugs* ^^;...
You know what they say about eyes, and the windows to the soul? I think that's what's going on here. Nice, appealing eyes and pretty colors, even though the quality isn't sound yet.

You can see the potential there, you know what I mean?

RedSlash
Veteran

#195 Post by RedSlash »

Rika: Your artwork is very unique. I actually feel that they would be really suited in some kind of fairy tale.

yuirei: Your art is very nice as well!