House 666 (horror, mystery)

Ideas and games that are not yet publicly in production. This forum also contains the pre-2012 archives of the Works in Progress forum.
PrivateEyes
Regular
Completed: House 666
Projects: Shattered Eternity

House 666 (horror, mystery)

#1 Post by PrivateEyes »

Well guys, I have finally decided to make a KN after literally stalking this site for a few months now lol So here's a brief summary about my story.

In the late fall of 1975, freelancer detective Edward Arcanus goes to the infamous town of Insigma, determined to uncover the mysteries within its borders. Once being a satanic town as well as the secret experimentation zone of the Nazi regime, the entire history of the town is veiled in bloodshed and madness. However, the truth might be too much for him to handle as he begins his exploration of House 666...

Edward Arcanus
Original artist: ebimayo

Edward Arcanus comes from a family branch directly connected to the famous Phantom Thief Lupin. However, the family tree was considered a black sheep (since all the previous generations wanted to be detectives, not thieves) and all connections to Lupin were soon forgotten. Ever since he was a child, Edward has always been a cheerful kid interested in mysteries, folklore, and myths. Always at the top of his class and making friends easily, he was a genius who graduated university at the young age of 17. He has never been in a serious relationship, as his obsession with mysteries usually turned possible pursuers off. However, he might have had feelings for Shari Ovaltsk because shortly after her disappearance, he became moody and cynical, as well as have left his veteran position at the agency.

Shari Ovaltsk
Original Artist: Bikuto Ryuu

With her haughty and cold personality, Russian detective Shari was not an instant favourite when she transferred into Edward's detective agency. Paired up with Edward, their light and day personalities continuously clashed yet at the same time, it was also the very reason why they grew to trust each other. Rumours had spread that they were engaged, for she had sewed the Ovaltsk family crest onto Edward's suit pocket (the same one as on her wrist). These were merely speculations however. Shari shortly disappeared during a solo mission in the late winter of 1973...

Rosy Eni
Original Artist: bitaraga

A busty individual, she is the librarian of Insigma. Strangely enough, she seems to be the only individual left in the town. Could there be more to her than meets the eye?

Well guys beforehand let me explain. This story will be more about the sounds and creepy factor than character interaction. If the game is well liked enough and I have time when university starts, I will make a back story explaining the relationship between Shari and Edward. Any questions, comments, or concerns, please let me know! :D

Edit: Here's some props and background I made

Also here's the first screenshot. I'll upload 2 or 3 more if anyone is interested.

Last edited by PrivateEyes on Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:23 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Why live if in the end, we all die? I guess to suffer? I really have no clue.....

Please visit my Youtube channel! :D http://www.youtube.com/user/YugiohGX913?feature=mhum

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

Re: Nightmare House (still pondering on title)

#2 Post by HigurashiKira »

Dat art....
And we could always use more mysteries. Looks like I'm gonna have to keep my eye out for this game~
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#3 Post by Camille »

This sounds interesting! :O I like the art and the concept a lot. Best of luck! /o/

PrivateEyes
Regular

#4 Post by PrivateEyes »

Nice to see you guys like it :P I'm still trying to learn the codes and stuff but its going well :)
Why live if in the end, we all die? I guess to suffer? I really have no clue.....

Please visit my Youtube channel! :D http://www.youtube.com/user/YugiohGX913?feature=mhum

GeneDNC
Veteran
Completed: Freezing v1.0

Re: Nightmare House (still pondering on title)(horror, myste

#5 Post by GeneDNC »

The story sounds really interesting and good luck with finishing.

I want to add though, you should credit where your art comes from because I am 99% sure Edward Arcanus is Kyon from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I don't recognise the ladies though. :)

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#6 Post by Blane Doyle »

The story sounds very nice but... I agree with GeneDNC. It is rather obvious these are recolors, could you credit the artists please?

PrivateEyes
Regular

#7 Post by PrivateEyes »

Oh sure I apologize about that :D I'll be sure to give them credit for the original artwork

Edit: Alright took me like an hour but I hunted down all the original artists' names XD

MightyPeanut
Regular
Projects: Sinner's Eve

#8 Post by MightyPeanut »

While you don't have to, I would suggest changing the name of the VN. There is already a PC game out there called Nightmare House.

PrivateEyes
Regular

#9 Post by PrivateEyes »

Oh right there is one called. The new one even came out as of late lol Yeah, as you can see though, the name is still under thought. Any suggestions?

PrivateEyes
Regular

Re: House 666 (horror, mystery)

#10 Post by PrivateEyes »

Alright just an update so far

Props: 95% complete
Sprites: 56% complete
Story: Not started yet
Backgrounds: 100% complete

HigurashiKira
Miko-Class Veteran

#11 Post by HigurashiKira »

You know, it's best to start with the story, otherwise you'll be hard-pressed into having to use everything you have for art assets :P
I have moved to a new account. Please contact me here from now on. T/Y~

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#12 Post by Aleema »

This looks all kinds of cool. Their eyes are ... like ... crazy cool. The photoshopping in general is really awesomely funny. The monocle+fedora (I fully support any character with both) ... Rosy's tramp stamps (so many, she's got one on her damn thigh!) Succubus red flag, if I ever saw one.

Nazi ghosts? Nazi ghosts plz.

PrivateEyes
Regular

#13 Post by PrivateEyes »

Oh no worries about the story bud. One skill you learn by taking drama for 5 years is making scripts within a very short time frame :P And yeah I'm glad you liked the sprites because once you see the other ones, you might be in for a pleasant surprise :D

Edit: What I meant by that is that the story is completely planned out in my head. I just find it easier to flesh out the story further once I see my characters.. well.. in the flesh XD

PrivateEyes
Regular

#14 Post by PrivateEyes »

Alright I made a main menu screen for my game. What do you guys think?

Aleema
Lemma-Class Veteran
Organization: happyB
Tumblr: happybackwards

#15 Post by Aleema »

No, I like the BG of the house in your opening post a loooot better. If you put that on the BG of the main menu instead, I would be content.
(Also, not sure of the tone of your game, but that screen looks rather comical. :P)