(P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended!

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks
Completed: (P)lanets - the life of normalcy has ended
Projects: Circum[N]avigate

Re: (P)lanets!

#76 Post by teacup »

Thank you all very much for your support :)

@Hayzel
Haruhi's not gay, and he also has an ending. ^^ Although he doesn't come to Planets right away, he does come a little later. And no, you're fine. I like hearing your thoughts, positive and negative, don't get me wrong!

@Taleweaver
Fair enough.

@Mirage
Ahh there was supposed to be a pet store background! I don't know why it didn't show?
Also, could you mind telling me which parts you found mundane? Just out of curiosity...
Thanks for playing.

@vivienlow
Of course, uploading now ^^
Mirror's up on the first post :)

@Elze
Thank you so much :D I'm glad you liked it despite the flaws. I still have a lot to learn, but as it's my first game, it was more of a learning experience than anything else.
Also I'm glad Ryuu is your favorite character XD He's my favorite too (Even though I'm not suppoed to have favorites lol) and I had the most fun writing his route.
Fanart from you? I would be so happy ;A;!!

Mirage
Veteran

#77 Post by Mirage »

@teacup
Ok, I lied, I ended up playing Ryuu's path. He's so much likable when he isn't picking a fight. >.<;;; I mean he's fun and all, but he's so mean to kaius.

As for mundane scene, I mean it as in her daily routines are explained in details...perhaps way too much details. As an impatient person that I am, I just wanted to go straight to the interesting parts. I'm also not a fan of Ruiko, so her scenes are rather dull to me. I was also started to feel bored by the nth time Ryuu picking fight with Kaius.

Camille
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: Please see http://trash.moe
Projects: the head well lost
Organization: L3
Tumblr: narihira
Deviantart: crownwaltz
itch: lore

#78 Post by Camille »

Secret game stalker here! :D First off, I plugged this game to a bunch of my otome game-loving friends since most of them don't really frequent LSF. My friend Hinano, who runs a pretty popular otome game review blog, reviewed the game (very positively) and even drew some fanart, so hopefully you check it out. She liked it a lot and she's played like 50+ otome games, so. XD Hopefully her review is insightful for you.

As for my opinions, I've only finished Lucan's route so far, but the game's really enjoyable to me. Aside from the odd error (sometimes the text overflows the textbox and there are many times where you used "site" instead of "sight", etc), it's a very solid otome game. The characters were all interesting even if I'm not big on characters like Kaius, and Lucan's route was awesome!
People who said his route was boring?? Geez, no way! I'm really glad you gave him more backstory/etc than just being the nice homemaker guy. I kind of guessed that he had the imprinting psych after what happened to that one girl, but it was still interesting when he revealed it all. A very touching scene and believable reasons for him doing what he did. ;_; I do wish the darker parts of his personality came out more, but I'm a weirdo like that and anyway he was fine the way he was. XD Two things about the story I thought were a little strange:

1) The whole scene with everyone going into town... Nobody apologizes to Marin for just ditching her and letting her almost get raped, not even Lucan, who's usually overly worried about how Marin's doing. It's not mentioned at all afterwards. It really seems out of character for Lucan to just ditch her like that, too.

2) How Lucan got expelled. I would think that once the principal found out that Lucan had such a power, he'd want to keep him in school even more so Lucan could learn how to use his power and so they could keep an eye on him more... The idea of just sending such a powerful psychic home without any other consequences seemed really out of place for me. What if he runs rampant and becomes an evil dictator??
Also, I actually think the pacing of the story was pretty close to perfect. You can't have action all the time and I don't think the pacing of the story was too slow or anything.
It was a nice balance between her school and her social life, though honestly I think having a bit more focus on Marin's powers/her classes would have been good. I felt as if the whole plot only served to send her to that school so she could meet some bishounen. :/ It was really sad when her powers disappeared just as she was finally getting used to them.
In general, I really enjoyed it. :D I'm excited to play Ryuu's route and go through the game a bit more.

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#79 Post by teacup »

@Mirage
All right, those are valid points ^^
And yeah, Ryuu is a bully to Kaius. I probably made them fight a little *too* much, but I'm glad you were still able to find him likeable in his own path.
Also if you play Lucan's route,
it gives an explanation to why Ruiko is the way she is.
@Camille
H-Hinano played my game? OAO;;;; I've been following her blog for years LOL (I actually only knew about renpy because of the game she made years ago, so really it's thanks to her!) Thanks for telling me, definitely gonna go leave her a comment. ^w^!!
Anyway, I'm SO glad that you enjoyed it! Especially I'm happy that you liked Lucan's route since there are a lot of mixed feelings toward him.
(As for Lucan getting expelled, you do have a point there. =w=; But since Lucan said he wanted to reverse the effects of what he had done, Oginuma-sensei probably figured he wouldn't do it anymore and decided sending him home was a better alternative to arresting him, lol. That's my explanation, although you are also right.)
But nonetheless, I'm very relieved to know you're having fun and I hope you continue to enjoy the other routes, Camille :D And thanks for telling your friends!

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#80 Post by lepapillonrouge »

AHMAGH

I saw pictures of Planets on Hinano's tumblr and I was like crying internally out of happiness. GJ!

I'm going to start now, so I'll be posting some screenshots on my tumblr too, and I'll probably be back with feedback when I'm done.

http://kurouge.tumblr.com/
deviantART
---------------------

Yunome
Regular

#81 Post by Yunome »

Congrats on finishing the game! It looks be-U-tiful :D

I'm kind of a, ahem, lurker but I enjoyed your game so much I felt that I really had to comment.

First things first, I've only finished Kaius's route (Perfect ending, babeh 8D) but I really, really enjoyed it. He was so cute and you did a great job developing him as a character and pacing everything. The artwork was really just great and I loved the music you got. There were several times where I would just sit and listen to the music (ahem, the main menu...>.<) and I would dance to the song that you played during, well many scenes, but one instance I remember is Ryuu talking during the first P.E. class. I would so dance to that xDD
To be honest, I got really sad when the game ended because I wanted to go and continue playing because the story sucked me in and I really cared about the characters. I really, really hope you continue making games! They are such a wonderful experience. Thank you so much for making this great game ^_^

Have a wonderful day and relax a bit, you game maker you!

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#82 Post by SilverxBlue »

Inally got the time to play and I must say it was totally worth it!
Like Camille, I plugged the game as well, but in a certain otome game translation forum (The forum where TMGS2 was translated) and they seem to like it but they notice that it's a bit similar to Starry Sky. I also found it quite similar because Lucan was very much like a certain character there. ^^;
Anyway, I'm already done with Lucan's path and I'm maybe 80-85% through Ryuu's path.
I found a bug though, but it's nothing big really.
When you and Lucan visit Oginuma-sensei's office to know what happened to Ryuu, there is a part where Lucan's sprite overlaps with that of Oginuma-sensei's.
Now my thoughts on the game.
Lucan's path wasn't really that boring and I don't know why but I feel like Lucan is giving me some sort of Yandere vibe the way he tried to scare Ryuu with a smile was just... and when he licked Marin's hand I was all O_O. I did find something out of the ordinary though. It's Rui, she did tell Marin that she doesn't want to see her with her Lucan-sama ever again but then even if Marin continues to "pursue" Lucan, Rui doesn't react or anything (And I'm pretty sure she's still brainwashed during those moments).
But his path was really enjoyable though, I wish I could see what his sisters looked like because I find them adorable but I'm sure it would be a lot of hard work for you.

And also, I'm one of the girls who want Lucan's metabolism!!! I envy how he could eat so much sweets and not worry about getting sick or getting fat. TT_TT

As for Ryuu, I'm not yet done with his path but I totally love the whole energetic vibe his giving off even if he's trying to fake it.
And I feel so sorry for him when he told Marin that he just wants her to treat him like a normal person. Though I can't help but wonder why he hates Kaius so much. (Or maybe he just likes to provoke him?)

I was trying to aim for Haru first but I ended up in Lucan's path so maybe I'll go for him for my third playthrough then save Kaius for last. So I might give another comment. ^^;

Oh and by the way, I totally cracked up when Haru "proved" to Lucan and Ryuu that he was a boy. It was probably my most favorite scene ever! The way Ryuu was reacting was just golden! "I have never seen one of those in real life! Only on the internet!" :lol:
I still can't get over that scene up to know.
Anyway, that's it! I might give another round of comments for the two other guys, by posting again or editing this post! :)
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

teacup
Holder of Tasty Drinks

#83 Post by teacup »

@lepapillonrouge
XD Ah, awesome! It's fun to watch your tumblr and see where you are in the game.
I also wanted to cry tears of joy when I saw Hinano played it, lol.

@Yunome
Aww thanks!! Rofl, I'm glad you liked the music that much!! XDD
Anyway, what a nice comment. This has given me motivation to make more games. I feel much better now, thank you so much~!

@SilverxBlue
Thank you for showing the game to your friends! I see how there are some similarities between Lucan and Suzuya, although I assure you it wasn't intentional =w=; I hope there are enough differences between them too.
Lucan's not quite a yandere, but... he is the only character who has a 'bad' ending... (Seems like most people didn't get it though since it doesn't provide a CG) Also, Rui didn't react to Lucan and Marin anymore because they started hiding their relationship from everyone after the fangirl incident. (For example they started eating lunch in an empty classroom instead of out in the open for everyone to see). Sorry if that wasn't clear enough!
&& Hahaha I'm happy you liked that scene, it was probably one of my favorite ones to write! I actually hesitated to include it at all (I was really afraid of crossing a line there, rofl) but I'm glad I did. XD;
Thank you so much for giving your thoughts :D I hope you'll post how you feel about Kaius.

Blane Doyle
Miko-Class Veteran
Organization: Autumn Eclectic

#84 Post by Blane Doyle »

FINALLY GOT THE HARUHI ENDING. I AM QUITE PLEASED. Mostly because I managed to finish the game fully at all, I can't believe it was that simple. How did I miss it? XD

I have to say, that well WELL worth every minute I put into playing, even if the Haruhi ending was a tad hard for me to get... or perhaps especially because of that? As I have stated before, that was a lot of fun to play and that is the biggest part of a game for me. ... actually, I wouldn't mind playing this over if I need a pick me up, it put me in a great mood every time I finished a route.

Muse
Regular

#85 Post by Muse »

I'm back! I'm definitely in the group of people that love your game. It's very cute and fun! (It doesn't hurt that I love gender bending and crossdressing, so Haru is a huge bonus for me. :D)

Teacup, I know you said you aren't looking for critique, so I won't give it, BUT I do have a question. Do you want correction on typos? How about grammatical mistakes and awkward sentences? I did find some of those, and while they aren't spelling errors, some parts are missing words here and there or using some odd tenses, or some sentences seem really extreme in the wording, but I have no idea what falls under critique and what would fall under good corrections. Do you have any ballpark idea of what you want or don't want corrections on?

SilverxBlue
Miko-Class Veteran
Completed: Caught in Between: A childhood prologue
Projects: MDLS, Alice Hunt(Temporarily on-hold), The Guardian's Spell and one other unannounced thing.

#86 Post by SilverxBlue »

teacup wrote:&& Hahaha I'm happy you liked that scene, it was probably one of my favorite ones to write! I actually hesitated to include it at all (I was really afraid of crossing a line there, rofl) but I'm glad I did. XD;
It was perfect! I'm glad you stopped hesitating, a very awesome scene would have been gone if you did. :O

Okay, I'm finally done with ALL routes.
And I loved it, it was kinda hard to pick a favorite, but I have to say it's Kaius and Haruhi comes to a close second even if I despise shotas.
I was aiming for Haruhi first and I have to admit, I had a lot of difficulty that I had to look at the walkthrough you provided and I never knew it was something as simple as that! I almost decided to hit my head on the wall because of it. ^_^;
His path was really cute and sweet, I can almost relate to him because he tries his hardest to please his parents and his parents don't even freaking care about him. Maybe that's why I liked him even if I hate shotas in general.

And I was really surprised to see he had a growth spurt. When they finish talking about it, I half-expected Oginuma-sensei to arrive and tell the two of them that he has to take Haru to (P)lanets because he had a high energy level or something like that.

As for Kaius, his backstory was just so beautiful, I only thought that he was just another jerkass-tsundere-for-no-reason most otome games have, but he was totally different. I never expected his past to be a really sad one. I was already shaking a bit (Out of sadness, of course!) when I read the part of his revelation.
And it's really nice to know why Ryuu hates him so much now. I was really confused the entire time Ryuu tries to pick on him. I just thought he was a bully who likes to mess with him.
And Oginuma-sensei is a really great father! (Even if he is quite embarrassing.) I find some parents in most VNs boring and I just tend to ignore them but I can't say the same for this guy.
All in all, it was really good. There are a few things that confused me a bit (I may be quite slow sometimes, so forgive me!), but the way you wrote the dialogue or screenplay or whatever (I can't find the proper word, sorry!) totally makes up for it!.
So thank you so much for making this and I hope to see more from you in the future! ^_^
Image Image
"A fool who doesn't think is more foolish than a fool who foolishly thinks." - Franziska Von Karma
Weeeeeee~
不愉快です !!!

GARLICBREAD

#87 Post by GARLICBREAD »

Congratulations on finishing your game! It was cute and I didn't expect so many CGs!
I just kind of wish there was an ending where Marin keeps her powers. Wait there wasn't one like that right? I put it on automatic so I might have skipped a lot. o3o;;

lepapillonrouge
Miko-Class Veteran

#88 Post by lepapillonrouge »

All right, I finished Kaius and Lucan's paths.
I actually enjoyed both of theirs.

Originally, in the demo I was put off by Kaius's aloofness, but when I was playing, I was like...well, why not.
I totally thought (it sounded like it) that they were secret childhood friends, especially after the memory erasing part of the story, but I guess that wasn't the case.
But playing Kaius's path is absolute moedeath. Some guys have their moeblobs, and so do I.
I guess because he was such a ...well, for a lack of better term, a major tsun for half the game and then the kittens showed up and the dere side just kept coming afterward.
It was absolutely adorable.
But that rapist scene kind of through me off a bit when he used his psyche. It was giving me flashbacks to a certain pyro character from a certain fantasy GxB. Not that I was really mad or anything.
Also, I laughed at when he thought that Marin and him we're going to , ahem, do it.

Named my cat Makoto. >3> But thinking about it now, should've called it Piro. (Now raise your hand if you've ever played/watched Kanon...don't say I'm the only girl here who's watched it. orz Off topic, but Key VN based anime and Kaminomi are really the only shows that I can watch without complaining about the men:women ratio.)

Then I played Lucan's. He was my favorite in the demo (mainly because Kaius and Ryuu were so angry at each other I was like >w>), but I had a feeling he was going to be a bit too nice for my tastes. He's kind of almost...Mary Sueish except he happens to be a guy. Perfect housewife indeed. Also, he's going to give her diabetes! He's still pretty though.

The whole imprinting business made it more interesting because it's a weird twist on the guy with many fangirls cliché, which story wise made him a bit more original than Kaius. Also, I liked his sisters. I wonder if they look like mini clones of him hahahaha.

I'm planning to do Haruhi, then Ryuu (mainly because Ryuu's impression in Kaius's arc = not very good, so use two other routes to avoid playing while biased!). Overall, I've really enjoyed it so far.

Also, when it comes to Haruhi, I'm sort of surprised that I like him a lot, even before playing his path. Traps are sort of conventional in various Japanese media (more in anime/manga, of course!). But not often in otome games, but that's because a lot of otome gamers (me included) don't really like the girly men as much as people think, so traps often become side characters. And shota-type characters are not that popular either, usually. But I think Haruhi's appeal (well, to me at least) stems from that he's obviously younger and is sort of a little brother to Marin, but also the fact he isn't like begging for her attention 24/7 (I mean he asks for her to stay but he doesn't get all possessive, thankfully!), that he's defying his parents by being himself (being a trap) and is used to being isolated for this, that he's also getting bullied but has somehow overcome it without Marin, and maybe because he doesn't show up that often so that we see too much of his bad sides (which we see a lot of with two certain guys). IDK. I'm excited and I don't know why I explained that anymore orz.

...yanderes...well, I don't know if you could correctly label Ryuu a yandere. He's just scary sometimes hahaha. Interesting. But scary.

The BG choice worked out, although as Hinano pointed out, cherry blossoms only bloom in spring. >D;
Except, well, there was that one BG that was obviously a photo BG compared to all the illustrations. I don't blame you if you couldn't find a illustrated BG that fit your description of Kaius energy blasting down some poor trees.

The music choice was pretty fitting. Compared to some other games I've played, I really liked how the soundtrack was very bright and energetic sounding most of the time.

Weakest area would probably be the plot, but it's more of a story about the characters, right? ...but, it's just...I wish there were references to the choices you made to a get a character's path in some of the main story dialogue. For example, when Marin was losing her powers in Kaius's path, Oginuma-sensei was very nonchalant about how she would have to leave, after being all excited about Kaius getting a girlfriend, and in Lucan's path, how Marin seemed to be surprised that all that Lucan would order at the cafe was desserts, even though Marin should've already known that from eating lunch with him before. Kind of a minor point, but one worth thinking about, I think.

Also I kind of wished that Marin kept her powers but...oh well.

Not really gonna bother with art. I think you've heard enough.

But in all in all I really liked the VN, even if it was cliché at poins, it worked for me. Kaius is...adorable <3
Thank you for your hard work!
deviantART
---------------------

Azora Tenshi
Projects: Moonlight (Name may change)[Otome WIP]

#89 Post by Azora Tenshi »

I finished playing the game, I just couldn't wait, so I played it whilst revising for my maths test (which I think I failed, I was half asleep during the test) and the game was super awesome!!!!!!
Life's full of ups and downs,
Gotta take one backwards and five steps forwards
Currently assisting with:
http://lemmasoft.renai.us/forums/viewto ... 16&t=10447 -Beta Tester

Currently working on:
[WIP] Moonlight (Thread has not yet been posted)

TsukiShima
Miko-Class Veteran
Projects: Heartful Memory

#90 Post by TsukiShima »

I have done playing (P)lanets! And my impression is, it's just as great as I thought it was! You really didn't make me disappointed about it at all, and it even actually made me thought of it a few hours.
In the first gameplay, Kaius seriously got my attention. Personally, it's because he is my type, a red-haired tsundere. And to me, he seem to be the main male character for this game, because his story fits the most. He's the son of the Principal, alone and away from society with only Marin as his friend, and his past is very very sad. When I found out, I actually feel very sorry for him. Too bad that part only came up near the ending, or else I would definitely keep looking for him when it's lunchtime. And right now, he's my favourite character, you develop him so well throughout the game, and it seems he changed completely after they are together, and the part when he tackled Marin made me smile. And since he fell in love with Marin, I guess he's the 'cold but gentle deep down' type of guy, I'm sure he considered her cute, just like how he thought of the kitten :3 Oh, also, you got me off-guard there, when Marin said she was ready to do 'it', I was thinking the same thing as Kaius. Oh Marin.

After that I went to go for Ryuu, and I figured as much that he was hiding something deep inside after all. I think he's the only character that still have a sad life during the game, knowing that you are sick and probably die anytime soon isn't something to be happy about. It's just that I guess I got used to anime, only a guy like Ryuu will be a sad sad person (reminded of Fye from TRC) when they reveal themselves to you. I'm quite surprised Ryuu doesn't, instead he was able to remain smiling while telling all those secrets. But I still don't get why he's so mad at Kaius, but then again, unlike others, I enjoyed their fight, it's like the case their admiring each other but showing it with disrespect due to jealousy. And I must admit if Kaius weren't around, Ryuu would be my favourite as well.

Then I went ahead for Lucan, surely because I wanted to know his inner problem. During the first few meeting with him, I was happy to be with him, but not as happy as those two, well, that's personal matter. I remembered that during the other gameplay, he was saying to he'll go to see his family. And I was able to guess about it by then. While at first I thought his ONLY problem was his fangirls being around him, and not giving him time for privacy. But then it surprised me that his problems were much deeper, and he was also hiding his feelings towards Marin only because of Ryuu, which explains some parts in Ryuu's route. I wasn't sad when Lucan got expelled, because, yeah, I already knew I shall be joining him soon. But his epilogue was the best, and it seems that Marin finally got cooking skills!

Last but not least, Haruhi! I read the spoiler, but yet again I was so surprised that Haruhi really looked like a cute little girl, I was expecting a beautiful lady as Haruhi xD Ehem, anyway, I was a bit dumb for keep playing and skipping the game, I forgot I can save! I had to repeat Kaius route until I had to say 'bye bye' to him ;_; But Haruhi's reasons for being a girl is acceptable, he's not the first one I met now. But soon after I see the Male Haruhi, I thought, 'Oh wow, another cute guy <3' I was wondering thought, did they even got to bath with each other? Haha~ And again, you got me off-guard when Haruhi said he wanted to prove himself to be a boy, I think I read the word 'shirt' as 'skirt', and I was almost scared just like Ryuu and Lucan.... until the picture appeared. 'Wha? ..Oh, a flat chest', was all my respond. I'm a bit curious, how did Ruiko found out he's a boy? Just by looking?

I guess this is a bit off, but I was curious about how Marin got her power. Is it because she's smart? And did she lost her power because she lost interest in studying? She did spend a lot of time with the boys a lot more in Planet than studying. I guess there wasn't a lot of things about Marin herself in this game. To me, it's just lacking of the main character's development. That's all.
Anyway, I must say, even though you did this because of hobby, you did put a lot effort into making this into game, and I like it a lot! I don't play a lot of otome games, but I'm sure this would be some of those I'll remember after Alistair. I have that bug about the image overlapping as well, and also didn't see the pet store. I don't mind about the art, no one is 100% perfect. Others will sure enjoy the game because of the story. And most importantly, congratulation for finishing your game!