Allusions (GxV)

Finished games are posted here, once they've been tested and are ready for wide release.
Forum rules
Adult content should not be posted in this forum.
lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran
Completed: http://rd2k2-games.blogspot.com

Allusions (GxV)

#1 Post by lordcloudx »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I've been wanting to post this in LSF for about half a year now, but I keep forgetting.

Allusions is a "Visual Novelization" of a story I posted elsewhere about a year ago. If anyone is interested in drawing comparisons, the original text is here: http://www.fictionpress.com/s/2824494/1/Allusions

Some of you may have seen me post this story as Haruhi Suzumiya buried somewhere in the forums too.

This is a short story written in, what seems to have become my trademark style. If you've read any of my previous short works, you'll probably see what I mean. If not, I guess you could say it's a short, abstract piece with a definite message underneath. (not necessarily a moral lesson)

Also, GxV = Girl x Vampire, see? :lol:

Screenshots
Image Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Download:
http://www.brothersoft.com/games/allusi ... story.html
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

glamsam8

Re: Allusions (GxV)

#2 Post by glamsam8 »

downloading will come back and edit once I've played through ^^
My My My, this was amazing. Great Art, great music great story, great moral. It's not often that I can play/read through something short like this and get get emotionally attached, and for that I say well done :) I will totally share this with people and replay/read it ^^

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#3 Post by lordcloudx »

I'm happy that you liked it and thank you for the kind words.
How do you make your games? I see. Thank you for the prompt replies, but it is my considered opinion that you're doing it wrong inefficiently because I am a perfushenal professional. Do it my way this way and we can all ascend VN Nirvana together while allowing me to stroke my ego you will improve much faster. Also, please don't forget to thank me for this constructive critique or I will cry and bore you to death respond appropriately with a tl;dr rant discourse of epic adequately lengthy proportions. - Sarcasm Veiled in Euphemism: Secrets of Forum Civility by lordcloudx (Coming soon to an online ebook near you.)

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#4 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

mmmm...but the site you used is serious ? all I get is an highly suspicious 367943 bytes long .exe ....

-rw-r--r-- 1 pigi pigi 367943 2011-07-17 23:16 Brothersoftdownloader_for_Allusions_A_Vampire_Story.exe

Saluti,
dott. Piergiorgio

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#5 Post by lordcloudx »

I'm using legitimate hosting for this. Even some of the commercial games from LSF use download.com. In any case, yes, the file is indeed an executable. It's a windows-only installer, although users of other operating systems could probably use virtual machines, windows emulators or something similar to play it.

Here are a few more mirrors
http://www.downseeker.com/download/1766 ... ire-story/
http://download.cnet.com/Allusions-A-Va ... 20588.html
http://just-download.com/games/simulati ... .zip/219bc

dott.Piergiorgio
Veteran

#6 Post by dott.Piergiorgio »

I was not alluding :D to illegal hosting, simply I suspect that the host site is used for malwares; there's an huge list of fake "download accelerators", you know... Anyway, I'm DL'ng from justshitload, notwithstanding the too many intermediate passages aimed to sell more spam spaces (and the various fake "download links"...)

Thanks !

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.

LVUER
King of Lolies
Completed: R.S.P

#7 Post by LVUER »

I don't know other sites, but download.com is usually a good and clean sites... but that if that's the REAL download.com site. The real download.com is under CNET. Here's the link to download.com, in case you want it -> http://download.cnet.com/windows/

So if you want to download it (and still suspicious), at least you could go to download.com directly and search for the game there, not using the link.
"Double the princesses, quadruple the fun!" - Haken Browning (SRW-OG Endless Frontier)

DeviantArt Account
MoeToMecha Blog (under construction)
Lolicondria Blog (under construction) <- NSFW

Melinoe
Regular

#8 Post by Melinoe »

This is very cute. Great story, great pictures. Milly and Samantha were adorable. Especially Samantha. She's so cute with her smug little face and-

Anyway, I'm actually not sure what the moral is, but I'm slow sometimes. The one thing that bothered me, though, is (This will sound slightly immature.)
when Johhnny said that he loved Samantha ever since he laid eyes on her, that really bugged me because that would make him something of a pedo, since he first saw her when she was seven. But that's a stupid reason to be bothered anyway.
Also, I really liked Jack for some reason.
"Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like." Lemony Snicket, The Slippery Slope

ElviraNyx

#9 Post by ElviraNyx »

That was a beautiful piece of work! :) I enjoyed it very much! I was kind of sad when it ended because I wanted it to go on just a little bit longer, Just to know what happens next, But I guess the real beauty of it & what didn't ruin it is that it wasn't too long & straight to the concept or point of the story (Or maybe that's the way I see it) By concept & point I mean the story it self, & what happened next, nothing in between that had no relation to the story occurred. Not sure if I'm making a lot of sense here but, I try! :D Anyway, Great Job! I'll definitely play it again from time to time. :)

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#10 Post by lordcloudx »

Thank you very much for all the nice feedback. These responses are really the only concrete reward we non-commercial makers ever get for our works.

@Melinoe
Actually, that line by Johnny did seem like it would be easy to misinterpret even for me. Nevertheless, I chose to keep it in the final draft for this story because I feel that its use is justified in that the "love" that he's referring to doesn't necessarily have to be eros.

As for the message behind the story, it would be something like, "don't be afraid to believe in the truth within your heart even if it defies logic or common sense." This is why I chose to allude to people who try to logic their way throughout life and expect everyone to follow suit.

Celestine
Veteran

#11 Post by Celestine »

You have a very interesting story I've got to say it was a bit hard
when I read the line "before the time..." I knew I was going to have to throw out the expectations of the beliefs based on vampire but I kept expecting him to eat her. Lol so it wasn't as easy to do.
I like how you had Jack
be the antagonist to Samantha view in her beliefs. It reminds me of the whole Individual vs. World perspective in society and how we struggle through it when growing up.
I'm really glad I got to read your story.

My fav scene was the blue sky and music was smooth and flowed well with the story.

I hope other people will get to read your story. I know I took something from it in life. Hope to have it stay with me and always be remembered. :wink:
Iratherbeweird,thencalledstrange.
MydadtaughtmeinLifeEverything[/i]has consequences.Good and Bad actions/decision.

lordcloudx
Eileen-Class Veteran

#12 Post by lordcloudx »

@celestine: Ah, thank you for reading and I'm glad you like it.
be the antagonist to Samantha view in her beliefs. It reminds me of the whole Individual vs. World perspective in society and how we struggle through it when growing up.
Funny you should mention this, because this message is exactly what Allusions alludes to. It's basically about believing in what you know is right even if the whole world seems to think it's not. The events, characters and settings were intentionally exaggerated in order to sort of de-familiarize the reader while being mere reflections of how the real world works.